PDA

View Full Version : First Time Away From Home

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:28:51 PM
A seventeen year old female with pale skin, brown hair, brown eyes, walks into the Recruitment Center. Dressed in a simple white dress, white shoes, gold belt, and a gold necklace, her hair is pulled back into a partial braid and is tied off with a gold band. Held in her hand is a simple white clothe bag which she sets down on the floor after she has entered the room. A slight sigh escapes her lips as she takes in the scenerary of the room which different from all that is familiar to her.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:32:23 PM
Zeke stretches and yawns, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Recruitment as of late has been quiet...he finds he's been sleeping on the job. Looking up, he sees a lone woman standing in the room, a few feet away.

"Can I help ya?"

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:40:37 PM
Shandri makes a small sound of surprise when she hears somebody just off to the side of her ask if they can help her. She turns to face the person, a shy smile creeping to her face.

"I was told to seek out the Jedi."

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:49:40 PM
Zeke smiles at her and gestures for him to come join him.

"Sit down. There's a chair here if you'd rather not sit on the floor. Why were you told to come find us?"

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:57:18 PM
Shandri takes a seat on the floor since that is what she is used to.

"First off, before I answer any question, I shall introduce myself. My name is Shandri La.

I was told to seek out the Jedi because they can help me. My home has just recently come under the rule of Sith. My ppl accept this willingly, but they did not want there treasure to fall into the Sith's hands so I was told to seek out the Jedi. I was told that they can help keep the treasure safe and that I would benifit from their training so I have come to seek out the Jedi"

Shandri makes no mention of what the treasure is, but implies that the treasure is herself.

"All my life I have listened to tales of Jedi and have yearned to be one."

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:59:49 PM
"Ok...So...They sent you here so we could protect a treasure and train you to be a Jedi?"

Zeke wants to make absolutely certain he's got this straight.

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:03:53 PM
"For the most part yes. I was sent here to seek your help in protecting the treasure. It is my choice that I train as a Jedi. I have always wanted to be a Jedi, and this is my chance to train as one while I am here if the Jedi are willing to help protect the treasure.

May I ask what your name is??"

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:10:33 PM
"Zeke."

He thinks for a moment, then looks back to her.

"As a Jedi...what do you intend to do?'

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:16:02 PM
"Well Lord Zeke, as a Jedi, I would continue to do my job, but I would help the innocent, and perhaps someday, convince the Sith to leave my home so that the treasure could be restored to where it belongs. Only, I would have an easy time protecting the treasure from the Sith if I were a Jedi."

Shandri reaches for her bag and places it on her lap as she continues to look at Zeke.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:22:41 PM
Zeke cringes at the title.

"Zeke works."

Motives of protection and peace keeping? Works for him.

"Then welcome to our Order. You are free to do what you will. And by the way...what is this treasure of yours? Or is that for you to know?"

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:51:42 PM
"As you wish Lord Zeke.

I thank you for the welcome. As for the treasure, I wish only to divulge that to those who are willing to help protect it. If I were to just tell anyone who asked, then the Sith would be down my throat so fast, it wouldn't even be funny"

Shandri crosses her hands on top of her bag which is on her lap.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:54:34 PM
"Ok. I suppose I could just swear to defend it with my life here and now to find out, but then again, I suppose that's a wee bit predictable. I'll reign in my curiosity, but know this: I won't back down from protecting anyone or anything. If you need my help, come find me."

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:04:41 PM
"Thank-you Lord Zeke. If I need help, I will come and seek it. It is nice to know that I have at least one person who is willing to help.

And I would not ask you to swear your life to protect to treasure. Only the treasure keeper, or Guardian of the Royal Treasure has to do that. In case you are wondering, since I have noticed your curiosity, I am the Gaurdian of the Royal Treasure. It has been my job since I was thirteen. Before me, it was my Mother and before her, it was her Mother and so forth through the ages."

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:13:14 PM
"No problem. Now go on and meet the people, see the sights."

He waves encouragingly.

"I'll see you around."

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:14:53 PM
Shandri stands up and dusts herself off as she nods her head slightly.

"Thank-you again Lord Zeke. I shall look forward to seeing you again."