PDA

View Full Version : fleet rp... and how it's almost dead

Khendon Sevon
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:44:13 AM
I'm not sure about all of you, but I still feel stifled by the current fleet rules.

In making fleet rules as simple as they are now, we lose the competitive edge, and rp's wane...

when was the last good fleet fight? (that's right, before the rest of the non-fleet community got into changing the fleet rules)

This is just me, a cranky imperial, complaining of course.

But I feel when the rules were drafted, they didn’t take into consideration the major fleet Rpers of the time.

Was Viscera directly asked what he thought? No. So he left. (Yes, he left and went to RP somewhere else… he’ll probably never come back to TGE, but I’ll still be waiting for him IC nevertheless) Was Piett asked? Was I asked? Telan, Taylor, etc, were you asked?

Yes, yes, this is an old topic, yes, yes I am brining up the dead. But I need somewhere to vent, if this place’s fleet Rping were still alive I’d RP more. But I keep trying to come back, and then lose interest because no one wants to fleet RP!

I have OOC years of weapons research in this game and OOC years of plotting and building my rank and empire… and I’m appalled that the actions of those who don’t have fleets influenced the fleet public.

Furthermore, I’m going to argue over what happened a while back.

Remember when we attacked TSE, and they just jettisoned their entire fleet to ignore the war? Yeah, I was the most frustrated one of us all! I had developed about 10-15 researches just for that war! What about when we decided to attack GJO? They basically got a decree that “you can’t attack us, because we don’t fleet RP”… great… they can have planets, but not a fleet… makes perfect sense.

Now, the New Republic? As I see it, it’s a casualty of the rules as well, we’ve planned to attack them for a while, but there’s no point, they’re what… fully NPCs now?!

So, unless I get something to kill using advanced concepts, technology, and strategy (like any good fleet RP), I might just walk the plank and start raiding everyone’s commerce to shake things up – that’s how desperate for some fleet action I am.

Ah, now that I got that off my chest, I’m going to prepare for a day of DMing. (Dungeon Master-ing)

Admiral Lebron
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:26:00 PM
So true, I am doing the Remnant wars as a prelude to something big...

Sean Piett
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:24:11 PM
There are those that will argue for freedom, but structure basically kept it together. Besides this, the New Republic, namely Marcus, isn't letting anyone attack, more or less.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:06:00 PM
He will RP or I'll mock him and call him a wuss and other childish names.

Telan Desaria
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:44:27 PM
Khendon, if you wish, pm me. I have a plan which you may like.

And since we are the only ones who have access, I'll spill the beans.

I want to take Courscant back into the Empire. I am currently writing the rp pieces at a time, but I would oike it, to get you involved, you decided to lunge for it when I did, so our boys arrive at nearly the same time and mix it up, each thinking the other is fighting with the republic. Or some such thing. Either way, in a few months, Imperial Center will be back in some form of Imperial hands. Even if I just have to slag the damned thing.

But I've got the planets to support my toys.

Eriadu, Bespin, Thyferra, Carida, Ison, Varonat, Dranon, Ventraxx, Hilari, Freughte.....

Muwhahahahahaha

Khendon Sevon
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:49:20 AM
I don't believe we have the power to fully assault the New Republic, they have a much larger fleet and can muster many ships to...disuade us from attacking.

Telan Desaria
Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:17:22 PM
ah yes, but they are inactive and a well thoughout rp and much prelude will allow us to accurately depict battle as I plan.

However, the assault I have in mind is not one to actually c9onquer the planet; instead, the purpose is to draw out the NR Fleet and give them a bloody nose, a hit and fade sort of assault, showing the flag as it were to the loyalists which remain on the planet.

As well, there are some other details which should be discussed privately. But the main prupose is to regain the centre stage. And while the NR Fleet is indeed larger than ours, it is spread out over a vast swath of territory.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 25th, 2003, 02:16:01 PM
If you can find people willing to RP against us, I'm up for the game... I just finished designing the Shroud III anyway.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:52:07 PM
I've got a Shroud design which I will be using en masse. Thats how we need to beat them. First strike weapons.

Sean Piett
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:50:44 PM
I think it would be fun to do a Cold War amongst Imperial groups.

I'm game for anything. In all honesty, I hate fighting NPCs.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:40:26 AM
Exactly.

Fighting NPC's blows.

If we want to keep fleet RP alive, we have to have fighting between players.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 6th, 2003, 08:28:54 PM
All in due time... actually..thats brilliant.

IM me about it.

Telan Desaria
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:00:56 PM
bak again. Fill me in.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:23:00 AM
Remnant is in full swing fighting its war.

Telan Desaria
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:59:41 PM
After the Senex campaign winds down, the Sovereignty is going to be launching several assaults towards the NR in our sector of space. I'm corralling our current active members and beginning a series of Char and Sovreignty development threads. Hope you enjoy.

PS - even as a warlord, Desaria will not attack any of you nles provoked. He still holds hope for the Empire.