PDA

View Full Version : the 'drop-in'

Kyryanu Sevon
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:24:58 AM
Don't you hate the 'drop-in'? Like, 'hey, we were in town or on-planet, and decided to say hi.' I hate it when people do that; cause that means I have to clean everything up that I wouldn't normally clean up. It's like, I'm flying through the place, 80,000 miles an hour cleaning stuff, and of course the first thing I say when they walk in is 'excuse the house; it's a mess.' I swear; I should just come out with the truth and say 'You know, this is the cleanest my place has been in 6 years.'

soooooooooo..........

anyways................

I was on-planet; thought I'd drop in on ya

Khendon Sevon
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:59:59 AM
Khendon grins wickedly in his classic style, extending a hand towards Kyry, “You’re a little late, but all that means is the candles are a somewhat drippy and the wine a bit warm. Now, come, we have much to speak about, em… you don’t mind if we take my private vessel up into space, do you? Too many reporters planet side.” A twinkle forms in Khendon’s eye and his grin widens, he flips a rose out from behind his back and holds it extended, “for you,” he says softly.

Kyryanu Sevon
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:56:18 PM
Accepting the rose, Kyry leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Why thank you Imperator Sevon.

"And wherever you wish to go is fine with me."

Khendon Sevon
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:24:54 PM
Khendon gave one of his sly smiles and took Kyry’s hand, “This way,” he said gently. He led her to a dock, a sleek, dark vessel the only craft within the holds of the room. He grinned again as they walked to the yawning mouth of the ship. “So, what have you been up to?” he inquired as they strolled up the entrance ramp located in the ‘neck’ of the craft.

Kyryanu Sevon
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:33:06 PM
Led up into the craft, Kyry clasped his hand tightly as her artificial hand held the rose he'd given her.

"What have I been up to?" she returned his grin, "Not much; making the occasional delivery, putting together my own demolitions, you know. The normal stuff. Nothing too horribly law-breaking."

She offered a smile then, and gave him a little poke in the side. "What about you? what've you been doing?"

Khendon Sevon
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:30:53 PM
He retreated from the poke playfully then his face turned somewhat gloomy, a tired look coming over his eyes.

”What’ve you been doing?

“Well,” he said with an extremely sober texture to his words, “work… far too much work.” Khendon looked into her brilliant eyes, a smile coming to his face and rejuvenating his features, “Kyry, I never want to go back to work again,” he smiled, “you’re my star, and work is nothing but a black hole trying to pull me from your orbit. I never want that to happen,” he squeezed her hand and turned towards her, brushing a free strand of hair out of her face.

Kyryanu Sevon
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:42:14 PM
"I'll never get you to stop saying that stuff, will I," she grinned, then standing on her toes, kissed him lightly as his hand brushed the errant strand of hair from her face. Her artificial hand came up, and she ran a cool, metal finger along his jawline.

Pulling away, she rocked back on her heels. "Don't worry," she said softly at his last words, "I won't let it happen."

Khendon Sevon
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:29:58 PM
Khendon smiled softly, “You’re too good to me, Kyry.” Khendon pulled her closer with his free hand and touched his lips to hers for a moment then grinned, breaking the kiss prematurely, “come on, i've got something to show you.” The former vice diktat guided his guest inside, the hatch hissed closed behind them.

The dark durasteel corridors of the Quietus reflected the dim light emitting from small sources at the base of the walls, each imbedded in the hard metal at intervals of several meters. The amber glow that the lights gave off made the short corridor somehow seem calm and relaxed.

After a short walk the two reached the entrance to the heart of the ship, Khendon’s library. The room was designed for meditation and relaxation. The walls were made of an oak from Khendon’s home planet of Kyrin that had dark swirls mixing like rivers meeting with other browns in all imaginable shades. The room itself was circular, and everything within was made with natural curves, including the shelves that lined the walls. The spacious room was decorated with an ancient desk, a pure black, sleek computer the only electronic piece of equipment in the room.

The shelves were filled with tombs of all kinds, volumes of knowledge on paper, an ancient form of data storage. The floor was done in a simple marble of dark crimson, flecks of brown and amber scattered here and there. Next to each bookcase was a tall, yet slim candelabra, casting a golden hue over the scene.

The ceiling of the room was something special. Khendon had requested this feature especially for his library, where he spends most of his time. The ceiling was nothing more than a large, circular dome, looking out onto space.

Set in the center of the room was a blanket, maroon and thick. Khendon grinned; the blanket was a special twist. On the blanket were several things, most important of all, a silver tray with a plethora of foods, all freshly taken from the sea. Sitting, chilled in ice, were two bottles of white wine. Khendon looks at Kyry, gazing into her jade eyes, a sly grin on his face.

Kyryanu Sevon
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:52:23 AM
It was a bit different than what she'd expected, but pleasent none the less, and as Kyry moved away from Khendon towards the middle of the room, she turned to look over her shoulder.

"I'm impressed; I'd have never expected anything like this... "

She turned to face him fully, a slight grin on her features.

"No special occasion, I hope... "

Khendon Sevon
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:02:42 PM
“…special occasion…”

Khendon’s sly grin intensified a thousand fold, “Special occasion, well… I’m sure we can make it both memorable,” he slid his arms around her waist, eyes transfixed on the radiating pools of emerald that met his gaze, capturing his soul and making his heart melt, “and special…” he whispered these words, his voice unflinching, filled with a passion that only Kyry could bring out in him.

His heart was now like a firestorm, expanding and consuming his being, Kyry the fuel for the flame.