PDA

View Full Version : People in charge of NR stuff...

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:23:12 AM
Whoever you guys are. :p

Anyhoo, I noticed that in the OOC Senator thread thingy that the NR planets were posted up, and that a question was brought up concerning one planet: Roon.

Now, I dunno when it was the planets were chosen/grabbed for the NR, but it does need to be brought up that the Shrine has been using Roon as their home planet now ever since they started their group (not sure, but that mighta been a year or two ago).

Now, I dunno about you, but I seriously doubt that a planet with Sith Vampyres on it would be under NR jurisdiction.

So, it may be that the planet may need to be taken off the NR list (it wouldn't be very fair to leave the Shrine without a planet, while the NR horde a bucketload). The way I see it, it's one lowsy planet, and it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Now this over-look might have come out of the fact most here ignore the Shrine, and vice-versa.

But, like I said, this is something that needs to be resolved, especially with this senate thread thing going now.

And, just so you all know, no one asked me to do this, but because I saw a potential for a problem, I decided to bring it up with the heads of the whole NR/GJO.

(I posted this here for privacy as I didn't want this thing blown out of proportion.)

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:53:04 AM
Depends upon when the Shrine was started in comparison to when the NR listed Roon as a member world. If Roon was a NR world before the Shrine existed, then... well... not to be harsh, but they would be SOL. If it Shrine was established on Roon before the NR claimed it, then it's theirs, and I doubt there would be much problem with that.

Honestly, it's not that big a deal.... there are plenty of RP contradictions floating around the boards. Considering that the Senator from Roon is being NPCed at the moment, and will only have a limited role, it's not like we have to completely halt the RP and figure this out first.

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:58:40 AM
Update:

http://www.thegjo.com/NR/planets.htm

According to the NR website, Roon has been a Republic world at least since September of 2001. Since this is the last verifiable date, we'll go with this. If someone can verify the founding date of the Shrine, we can have an answer to this pretty quickly.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:09:10 PM
The Shrine did not come into existence until some time in 2002 as far as I know, (the oldest thread imported into their forums from ezboard shows a date of 01.07.02) now if it was a Coven world before it was a Shrine one, then there may be some dispute regarding who claimed it first, since the Coven was established long before the Shrine was, and the Shrine was a splinter off from the Coven.

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:42:33 PM
I know little to nothing about the Coven, so I'll take your word for it. For more detailed info about the NR side of this, we'd probably have to talk to Yog.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:47:26 PM
Surron would be the one to talk to regarding any possible claim the Coven may have hod to the world pre-Shrine, though I am doubtful they had a claim to it.

My gut tells me that Mara/Lynch probably came up with the idea of claiming that planet when the Shrine forum was first created since there is a Roonstone Inn forum and was since the beginning. I could be wrong though.

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:09:16 PM
I'll ask some of the Shrine ppl when it was they were established and if Roon was given to them/taken from the Coven.

But even if it wasn't, wouldn't the NR make an exception? Like I said... it's one planet.

As to the NPCed Senator, because it IS NPCed, the planet can easily be changed for said NPC Senator.

But anyways... lemme get details on all this stuff (i.e., time Roon was taken, yadda yadda)

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:37:26 PM
Ok, after much running around in circles :: dizziness, with a tad of headache ::, I finally got a date on the claim of Roon by the Shrine.

The Shrine splintered from the Coven in the summer of 2001, and the EZboard of the Shrine was registered in the month of 7/2001 (for proof of this, Alana Stormclouds EZ name was registered shortly before the Shrine was created... her name was registered on 7/16/2001). The Shrine started using Roon when it was first created, as they had planed on using the planet as their homebase.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:12:03 PM
I squarely don't care either way. The list of NR worlds doesn't make much sense either.

Chiss? Wtf?

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:14:47 PM
that was probably because of what's his name defecting .....

Morgan Evanar
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:25:28 PM
Yah. It doesn't add up tho.

Lots of things at SWF don't add up, but they seem to a lot more than they used to.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:51:11 PM
i thought the whole planet shooting match went up into air when new fleet rules came about. thought most known planets under nominal nr control, part from seleted planets like yavin, arcan (gjo), vjun (tbh), balmorra and whatever else imp remants have, corellia (tso), meras (ogre), trilith (tlj), thought coruscant became free rp area not allowed to be controlled by one faction like tattooine has been since year dot.

AmazonBabe
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:34:05 PM
Ok, that was a bit jumbled to me, but I think I got the jist of it.

Anyhoo, so Roon is or isn't on the NR list?

Master Yoghurt
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:07:24 PM
If I recall correctly, Roon was claimed around october 2000. Grand Admiral Thrawns Imperial group merged with NR, and the planet was anexed after that.

That being said, since it is the Shrine's homeplanet (and their only planet?), I dont think it would be fair for the NR to dispute a location which has been roleplayed for so long.

Although, NR dont maintain a planet list as such any more, you could say Roon is 'off the list'

Lady Vader
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:09:48 PM
Ok.

(And, yes, it is their only planet.)