PDA

View Full Version : News to some; and some should expect it by now

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:08:23 AM
Well, I have to say that things never turn out the way you think they would; or even plan (or at least try to plan).

Last night was one of those nights like that.

Now. Some of you knew that I was going to be moving to Southern California; San Diego to be exact. And I was excited to be going; My manager had asked me to go with him to open an office down there, and I was juiced; I was ready to go.

Well, last night I found out; and it's official. I'm moving to Houston, Texas. In three weeks at the latest.

I apologise that I haven't been on lately; and that the threads that I'm in have been put on indeffinate hold. I sincerely apologise. I've been insanely busy lately, and now after finding out about Houston last night, I feel a little thrown under the bus, not to mention railroaded to the nth degree. I've been angry lately for no reason (ask Taylor; he knows. Trust me) and so if I sound like I'm short with anyone, I'm sorry.

But anyways, that's about all I want to tell you guys.

Houston should be nice; never been there before.

Taylor Millard
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:13:37 AM
It's the number 7 radio market in the country.

It gets hot down there, but you have football down there so you should be all right. :)

*hugs for s'Il*

Dae Jinn
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:20:17 AM
*hugs* Things will turn out alright in the end. No worries :)

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:54:44 AM
one step closer till you get over here. Quit being a slack-<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>! Move your buns!

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:15:13 AM
*Huggles for s'Il.*

Life has a way of jerkin ya around. But I know all will be well again. :)

Tevit Ramastan
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:30:29 AM
Yikes, Texas.... So much for me being able to visit you if I came down to see my brother in March like I was hoping. Dang...

Well, maybe if I ever take another cross-country drive I can swing down your way, or something. Sorry about the suddeness of your move, that just can't be fun.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:59:02 AM
Take care Si'l :) *Huggles*

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:23:46 AM
Really. Dang. All the way to Texas? I had a German teacher in high school who lived there for a while. Sometimes things look like they are inconvenient, but by the time it's all over with, you find out that it was actually a big improvement.

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:26:24 AM
Texas, eh?

Only two things come from Texas...

>D

Taylor Millard
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:31:14 AM
HEY!

I come from TX! (by way of Boston)

:verymad

;)

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:33:56 AM
Better start mooing or growing some horns then, boy.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:37:29 AM
Mreh, Tejas. =/

At least it isn't Miami, where you have to pay $1000 for 6mo of minimal coverage on an 89 minivan.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:07:24 AM
Jeebus, that's a lot of money.

Take care, s'Il! It will all work out for the best, I am sure.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:23:04 AM
Sucks to be you eh? ;)

Have fun!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:58:00 PM
Texas, huh? Hmmmm....now, who else do I know thats from Texas? *ponders :mischief

TX is nice and so is Houston, though Ive only been once :)

Ryo Tsai
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:03:00 PM
N'ver been to Texas.

Hope you adjust well, and hope you end up liking Texas S'il!

Khendon Sevon
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:29:12 AM
*adds texas to the list of states he has to take over now*

Gabran Darkysa
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:56:09 AM
Good luck s'll! :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:24:32 PM
Thanks guys :) I'm alot better now. And I'm actually really excited about moving down there. Housing is alot cheaper, amd while it may be hotter (I consider myself a snowbunny), I'm willing to live there for the opportunity provided. That, and I get to take my ferrets with me ^_^ I'm so excited :)

Now, it's looking like I''m moving next week. I'm taking thursday and friday off to pack, then going to LA for a meeting over the weekend. After that I'm staying in LA for a week to work out of their office, and then it's off to houston.

so... anyone in or around the Houston area?