PDA

View Full Version : Speak your mind. (Rognan)

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:55:48 PM
Zeke has planned another training session with Rognan. This time, Rogan will be the guinea pig for Zeke's first lesson in telepathy. The Knight's not sure how he'll explain it, but he's always liked to just fly by the seat of his pants and skip planning. This room is just empty, with nothing in it. You don't need equipment to speak your mind.

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:55:40 PM
When Rognan got the message he was over there in a blink of a eye. Ever since he met someone that spoke telepathicly, he wanted to learn how to do speak it, too. Now it was his time, his turn to speak it.

"Hello, Master Zeke." He said, aprouching Zeke's location, then bowed in respect.

Zeke
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:57:26 PM
"Have a chair."

There are no chairs, Zeke means for him to sit down.

"Let's start with some idle chatter. How's life treating, Rognan?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:32:38 PM
Rognan was a little confused about the chair thing and even why Zeke said it, but he sat down and started to 'chatter.'

"Life has been good to my, Master, ever since I came here I have been happy. And with my training going well, I cant think of anything more I could want." He said with a big smile.

Zeke
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:34:43 PM
"Hm. Cool. Got a girlfriend?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:48:04 PM
Rognan was surprised at this question, having it come up when he was about to do some training. And the funny thing was, was that his last master asked him the same thing.

"A girlfriend? No, I dont have on to my knowlege." He said plainly, not having anything to hide or anything to really say on the matter.

Zeke
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:03:32 PM
"No?"

There's a convo topic out the window. He needs something they both hold in common...something they can talk about with fair ease.

"Got a girl you have your eye on?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:13:10 PM
He didn't give up easly did he, Rognan thought to himself.

"Um...have my eye on...I'm not sure to tell the truth. There are a lot of attrative wemon here. I dont have a specific one that I like yet."

Zeke
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:19:13 PM
Excellent! They can talk about this then.

"Then let's talk girls. You been mackin' any of 'em?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:25:04 AM
"No I haven't, master. Should I have?" A odd question should be answered oddly.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:27:20 AM
Zeke can't help but laugh.

"That all depends if you want a girlfriend or not. Whaddaya say to that? Is Rognan Dar a single man for life, or is he lookin' himself a li'l hottie?"

Zeke speaks candidly, with a broad smile. The Padawan seems awful tense. He's gotta loosen up if he is to succeed.

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:34:27 AM
"No I dont what to be single my whole life, and I'm only sixteen, I have time. But I dont just want to follow the first set of pritty legs I find, if you know what I mean."

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:38:49 AM
"A good point, and well made. Consider what I'm about to ask you. Think hard on it, but do not speak your thoughts aloud. Direct them to me. Think AT me, backing your words with the Force."

He gives Rognan a moment to prepare, then asks this.

"Do you believe Jedi should have relationships such as the one's I've been teasing you for?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:47:25 AM
Rognan thought about it for a second before trying to say it through the Force. He had a little help with this before, but it wasn't as clear as now. He thought about sending his answer to his mind, from brain to brain.

'No..I..dont..' There was a little telepath static as he spoke.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:54:45 AM
Zeke snaps his fingers, rolling his wrist in a gesture of motivation and slight impatience.

You're coming in like static, focus strong.

His voice echoes in Rognan's mind.

Direct your thoughts at me, make your thoughts my own...it's like uploading files on a computer..."

Maybe that analogy will help to put things in a better perspective...

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:59:58 AM
And it did. Now he had a better idea of how it was to talk telepathicly. So he tried again, thinking of uploading a sound or word file into Zeke's head.

Is this any...better.

Rognan still had some trouble with this, not use to just putting his thoughts into someone elses.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:23:56 AM
You broke up a bit at the end. Come on, pal, we ain't leaving until you can think coherently. Take it slow, don't rush. Enunciate clearly, even if you have to exaggerate the words. You can do this. And don't forget to answer the question at hand: what you think of Jedi and relationships.

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:17:57 PM
Now that the question was more specific, he wanted to tell what he thought about it, which for some reason, made it more clear to hear.

I think...that Jedi should only have a relationship if they have spent time with eachother....not as in dating...but as friends, and not alone. It might sound wierd...but thats what I think on the matter

The pauses where just him thinking about his answer, making sure that he said the right things.

Zeke
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:37:32 PM
Zeke notes the marked improvement.

Hm...I can't say I get it entirely. A relationship that doesn't extend beyond the borders for friendship, is that it?

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:47:35 PM
Mostly, yes. Mainly just being friends untill you know that she or he is the right one. Then you can move up into a more serious relationship

Zeke
Feb 17th, 2003, 05:56:08 PM
Sounds like a solid opinion to me. Speaking of friends, you got a group you hang out with?

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2003, 06:47:58 PM
In a way, yes. I have met lots of people ever since I entered the GJO. It has been quite the experiance. I dont have a so called group, just friends that I see now and then.

Zeke
Feb 17th, 2003, 06:53:45 PM
Good to know. Getting too attached to a group of people is severely limiting.

Zeke stands and stretches.

"That will do. Too much and we'll wear you out. Practice with other Padawans. That's the best way to learn."

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2003, 06:58:27 PM
Yes, Master I... "I mean, I will. I didn't think I would get use to telepathy so fast that I almost forgot that I was still using it."

Zeke
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:01:16 PM
"That's what worries me," Zeke says with a joking smile. "It seems to come naturally to you, like with my telekinesis. Practice it well, but don't push yourself too hard."

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:03:51 PM
"Thank-you, I will." With that he left the area they had been and went to his room to rest.