PDA

View Full Version : I got something to tell you guys...

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:31:50 AM
[Eric Cartman]You guys...I love you guys...[/Eric Cartman]

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody. Even though I'm sure not many of us are too terribly happy on Valentine's Day.

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:34:34 AM
[Eric Cartman]No Kitty! Bad Kitty! Damnit Kitty I said this is my cheesy poof!!!! Go get your own cheezy poof Kitty! You will respect my AUTHORITAH!!!!![/Eric Cartman]

Screw you guys, I'm going home...

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:58:43 AM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Even though I'm sure not many of us are too terribly happy on Valentine's Day.

Dude, the ones that aren't happy are the single guys and girls that are jealous of all the people with a relationship. The single people hate them for it, and thus are unhappy and try to wreck the holiday. Makes no sense. Why be unhappy for yourself, when you could be happy for them? Oh, and happy Valentines Day.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:10:28 AM
Happy Valentines Day to all and to all a good day!

Zasz Grimm
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:24:06 AM
Originally posted by Zeke
Dude, the ones that aren't happy are the single guys and girls that are jealous of all the people with a relationship. The single people hate them for it, and thus are unhappy and try to wreck the holiday. Makes no sense. Why be unhappy for yourself, when you could be happy for them? Oh, and happy Valentines Day.

Or maybe we aren't happy because of things that have happened to us in the past to make us so sore at the holiday. Don't go around judging or throwing assumptions at people whom you have no way of knowing why they don't like it.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:31:30 AM
I've got a flask and a pipe today. I'm happy.

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:32:44 AM
And Sanis has the right idea...

Miryan no Trunks
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:34:02 AM
http://www.houndshome.com/comics/hh20000213a.jpg

=|

Y'know, I'm not single, and I Still wonder what exactly the point of Valentine's Day is.. I mean, if thought about, who is it Not suppossed to hurt?

1: The single people, who feel like the day in itself is no more than an insult to themselves and others.

2: The people in a relationship, who have to wonder why their partners (not to mention themselves) NEED a day like this to actively go out of their way to make the other feel special.

Of course, I guess on the other hand, there are those people who choose to see the day more as a chance to show those who they care about (but may not often have chance to show it), what they mean to them, be they in a relationship with the people or not.

But we call those people freaks.

Dae Jinn
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:35:04 AM
I have work today. If anyone asks me if I have a boyfriend, I'm telling them he died in a horrible accident :)

And I agree with Zasz, not everyone is going to like today, esp. if they don't have a sweetie to spend it with. Where is the holiday for single people? :mneh

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:38:17 AM
Valentines Day is meant to a holiday to celebrate love, judging from parts of Miryan's post. Instead of whining about your singularity, why not use the day to your advantage and seek to change it?

Aki Raa
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:43:50 AM
Because most people who are single are one of two groups (or more)

1- Incredably shy and almost fall apart when they talk to someone they like but barely know.

2- Then there are the people like me, who are classed as pyschos and will never have a relationship due to social banning.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna buy my matchmaker, and make fun of everyone I got on it.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:51:12 AM
My reasons for being single (yes, suprise suprise, I'm single) are simply that I am far too picky to get involved with just anyone. And until I'm completely satisfied in finding somebody up to my expectations, I refuse to settle. Until I make my choice, I spend my time and money on someone far more deserving than some "special someone" -- me.

Leeloo Mina
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:52:11 AM
No.. there's a thrid person.

3- people who just aren't approached/don't have feelings for anyone at the moment

Even though I don't feel the need, nor do I want to be in a relationship right now, this day makes me feel very lonely.

Dae Jinn
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:59:14 AM
Yeah, most people have reasons for being single, even if they don't want to be single. Some people chose to be single, others don't. Either way, we're allowed to feel crap about being single. IF we want to :mneh
As much as I would love to have a bf right now, I'd rather not have a guy who treats me like crap and ignores me, like my last bf :x I'd rather wait for someone who actually cares. *has a feeling she will be waiting forever* :lol

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:04:48 AM
Valentines Day isn't the worst holiday but it ranks in the top 5. I believe it's number 2 or 3 actaully.

Valentines Day is a day for card and flower and candy companies to get mega money. I'm single not by choice mind you I'm just a chicken <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> when it comes to asking girls out. I personally hate this holiday it has no point. Zeke and Wei may say it deals with love. no it doesn't it deals with buying presents for your GF and hoping to get laid.

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:11:21 AM
Love was the original motivation, before the present day where sex and money are valued above all other things. :)

Dae Jinn
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:16:02 AM
Too bad people are greedy horny and stupid :lol

ReaperFett
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:18:12 AM
I saw DD again. Im happy :)

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:18:17 AM
I don't really care if anyone is lonely or not, I'm going to celebrate it with my girlfriend and be happy. Now quit messing up the scenery with your sadness... :lol

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:18:24 AM
I don't buy into "this holiday is all about commercialization". Thats the same kind of disestablishment bandwagon nonsense that pervades just about every facet of our culture these days. I remember the first valentines I gave out to a girl. They were hand-made...made with love, paste, red, pink, and white construction paper, and I think glitter...can't remember. I gave her my card and she kissed me on the cheek. It was special :)

I'm much more apt to express my feelings on a card that I make, than something I buy. Most of the cards I send, irregardless of holiday, are hand-made. I prefer it that way.

If I found somebody to meet my lofty requirements (and they WEREN'T 2500 miles away :mad), then I'd absolutely shower them with affection. Its the way I am...I enjoy romantic things. Making somebody who I think is worthy of my time feel like royalty is the best thing ever, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that they deserve it.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:20:51 AM
Originally posted by Zeke
Love was the original motivation, before the present day where sex and money are valued above all other things. :)

That's true.

And might I remind all you people who just have to equate love with dating :-p that there are other people out there who might enjoy a surprise Valentine's Day card, be they your parents, siblings, other relatives, co-workers, or friends. Love does not magically come into being with the appearance of a significant other. It is based on a foundation of people in your life who care about you.

SO SPREAD THE LOVE! :)

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:25:46 AM
Amen to that. Everybody could use some love. The Little Things are inversely proportional to how much you can touch somebody's heart. Don't believe me? Work at a homeless shelter sometime. That is such a great experience. I mean, all you do is pass out some so-so food to homeless people, and give them a few minutes of your time, but you have no idea how much that means to them. Every chance I get, I try to do some work at the kitchen. Most of those I serve I likely won't see again, but for those few minutes, I am making their lives special. And they are complete strangers. Imagine friends and relatives. Unprovocated acts of kindness have a lot of power.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:03:41 PM
<CENTER>Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But I have not the words here to explain
Gone is the grace for expressions of passion
But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel

But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real
When I'm with you I am lost for words, I don't know what to say
My head's spinning like a carousel, so silently I pray

Helpless and hopeless, that's how I feel inside
Nothing's real, but all is possible if God is on my side
When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
It's as though I am standing in the place called Hallowed Ground

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real

I'll go anywhere and do anything just to touch your face
There's no mountain high I cannot climb
I'm humbled in your grace

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real

Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But in your presence I am lost for words
Words like, I love you

</CENTER>

Dae Jinn
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:05:16 PM
awww, pretty Loki :D

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:11:57 PM
That's nice, dude. Did you make that up yourself?

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:17:37 PM
Nope, just that I'd rather keep the writer anonymous.

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:17:38 PM
To all the lonely, take satisfaction that Saint Valentine got his. ;) :lol

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:27:54 PM
I've been with the same person for 5 years now, and we have friends for 8 years, and for the last 5 years it has been all about Love!! not money, not Sex, just the love we have for each other. FYI: IRL I'm only 20 years old.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:41:09 PM
If its for real, consider yourself lucky, kid.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:43:29 PM
valentine's day is good for :mischief

Sejah Haversh
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:47:01 PM
Yeah, Loki, we better keep the identity of that artist secret for now.

And, it's days like this where I wish I had a girlfriend...

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:49:28 PM
Not me. I'd have to spend money on her. Instead, I spend it on myself, because I love me.

Sejah Haversh
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:53:37 PM
*watches as moths fly out of his pockets* Hmm, you're right. But, now I'll have to make myself a card or something, or cook myself breakfast in bed because I have no money to show myself that I love me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:04:31 PM
:D Today is the best Valentine's Day EVER! Ogre is helping me with my board, and now my design is going up and I'm estatic! Granted, that really has nothing to do with the holiday, but its ON the 14th...so it counts for me.

Also I'm going to an all girl's formal dinner tonight at a friend's from church. Its a "Ro' 'tic Dinner" - Romantic without the Man. :D Should be fun. And am probably going out for drinks afterwards with my roommate.

:crack

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL the boys of Swfans. :D

Roses are Red,
Grass is Green,
To not be my Valentine
Would be Really Mean.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:15:47 PM
But you smell LD... :\

Today was good... lots of girls gave me food. And hugs. And kisses... and I got a make out buddy and girl promised me I could cover her in whip cream and lick it all off her... :D

ReaperFett
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:23:08 PM
But you smell LD...

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff*

Mmm, LD fresh :D

Admiral Lebron
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:23:41 PM
The smell of death. :x

Sejah Haversh
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:26:37 PM
Nice, sweet, spring breeze death, that is.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:33:28 PM
I'm sitting here, stifling hot with a fever. To my right, I have a pitcher of ocean spray cran-tangerine from concentrate. To my left, I have a tupperware bowl of ramen noodles. On my desk, I have a pipe, and the only thing missing is something to put in my flask. Oh yeah...and ME BEING HEALTHY! :(

But, I'm watching a lot of Clone High episodes, so I guess thats good.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:08:02 PM
My ex girlfriend's birthday is around this time. A few days before or after. That girl made me so upset.

I called her after I got back from my Dad's house for Christmas and asked if she wanted to go to dinner (because I finally had some money) as a Christmas present. She siad she had a present for me too, and that she'd give it to me when we met. she just had to get the ok from her parents (We were in high school at the time). She calls me back and breaks up with me. I hung up the phone and thought, "That's what her 'present' was going to be. Merry Christmas."

So, I am sort of adverse to Valentine's Day. But with a lot of prayer, Valentine's day becomes a little easier to stomach. Prayer works, you guys.

Alpha
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:27:53 PM
This day is sorta mixed for me...lol

Goes like this:

Girl I love (former g/f, but complicated there), still loves me, but is, at the moment obsessed w/ a Senior. I can do today what I always do, and tell her what she means to me, with the addition of a gift of a crystal rose....She liked it though, so that's a plus. :) And the senior seems to be ignoring her at the moment. Makes her sad, which makes me sad...:( But I can make her happy today, so I did. :)

Zeke
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:29:08 PM
And that's the attitude we should all have.

Lady Vader
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:32:16 PM
HAPPY V-DAY to everyone (wether you like today or not :p). :D

I've been with the same person for 5 years now, and we have friends for 8 years, and for the last 5 years it has been all about Love!! not money, not Sex, just the love we have for each other. FYI: IRL I'm only 20 years old.

Shanaria, your's sounds like mine. Known the guy for 11 years, dated the last 5 years, and just got engaged this past Christmas. And it really is all about the love. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:33:47 PM
LET IT BE

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

for all you people who just seem a little lost. It gives me comfort, especially in situations such as the ones single people face on Valentine's day.

Ought to rename Valentine's Day "NATIONAL SINGLES AWARENESS DAY" That would be so funny.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:44:40 PM
Wei, I feel your pain. I got dumped on a Christmas Eve once. That was totally uncool.

I've also got an ex with a birthday coming up soon...

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:04:32 PM
I shall celebrate today like I celebrate most holidays...

Watching the History Channel.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:49:03 PM
GO FIGRIN! There;s a man that knows how to partay! :lol

What's been on the History Channel? That channel is pretty interesting, believe it or not.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:53:12 PM
like Discovery channel better myself....interesting animal programs and stuff....

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:57:07 PM
Cartoon Network, be-hotches! :D That's what it's all about!

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:58:42 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I don't buy into "this holiday is all about commercialization". Thats the same kind of disestablishment bandwagon nonsense that pervades just about every facet of our culture these days. I remember the first valentines I gave out to a girl. They were hand-made...made with love, paste, red, pink, and white construction paper, and I think glitter...can't remember. I gave her my card and she kissed me on the cheek. It was special :)

I'm much more apt to express my feelings on a card that I make, than something I buy. Most of the cards I send, irregardless of holiday, are hand-made. I prefer it that way.

If I found somebody to meet my lofty requirements (and they WEREN'T 2500 miles away :mad), then I'd absolutely shower them with affection. Its the way I am...I enjoy romantic things. Making somebody who I think is worthy of my time feel like royalty is the best thing ever, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that they deserve it.

Yeah, I use to do that to. Back when money and material possesions ment nothing compared to the handywork of something self made and from the heart.

Back in grade school.

I'm one of those who doesn't really care about V-tines day. I believe it to be a Hallmark Holiday, bandwagon jumping or not, but why should I go out of the way on one special day to show someone I love them when I could do that any day of any week, of any month... Just being together, small talking and cuddling and whatnot.. that should be enough, without the flowers, the dinner, the movie, the cards.. the candy... which all cost money.

Hell, if people would stop buying V-Tine Day Cards at the stores, and make them theirselves, like we did back in grade school, then I'll stop calling it a hallmark holiday.

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:07:11 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
GO FIGRIN! There;s a man that knows how to partay! :lol

What's been on the History Channel? That channel is pretty interesting, believe it or not.

Tonight, it was rather interesting. There was a one-hour documentary on the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre (of which I knew quite a bit already, but it was still intriguing) and then a 2 hour docu-tour of everyone's favorite party house... The Playboy Mansion.

:)

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:08:25 PM
And we MISSED IT? Oh, the shame. :cry

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:08:46 PM
:lol bad Figrin!

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:26:02 PM
I think I could die a happy man if I ever got to go to one of the annual "Midsummer Nights Dream" parties that Hefner puts on at that place. Attire is simple, yet effective... sleepwear.

;)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:37:22 PM
:lol Figrin speaks my language. I want to hear about the St. Valentine's Massacre, though. It does sound very interesting.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:41:25 PM
|I *bops em both*

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:45:27 PM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
*bops em both*

HEY! :mad

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:53:18 PM
mew? meant Figrin and Wei....

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:57:10 PM
Wei's m'bro. Figrin's cool too. Besides, there's another bop apart from the strike on the head.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:59:43 PM
mew?

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:06:02 PM
How come when Marcus says it you flip out, but with me all I get is ":huh"? o_O

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:10:32 PM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
|I *bops em both*

Oh, please... and you have only pure, virgin thoughts, I'm sure...

:rolleyes

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:10:53 PM
O_o jI djidn't do that kjinda bop.....

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:40:26 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Oh, please... and you have only pure, virgin thoughts, I'm sure...

Nah, I make sure that sort of thing never happens. :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:44:41 PM
plah...*puts Inu in the pillows*

Inu
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:47:42 PM
:D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:51:00 PM
:angel :D

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:26:01 AM
Oh my goodness. You two never cease to confuse me. You too are absolutely horrible when together in public.

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:33:06 AM
(Smiles @ Sorr)

Were you oogling my junk? And by junk, I mean groin region!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:20:48 PM
Hell, if people would stop buying V-Tine Day Cards at the stores, and make them theirselves, like we did back in grade school, then I'll stop calling it a hallmark holiday. Amen to that! :)

*huggles Snack*

imported_Taja Loraan
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:35:04 PM
Valentine's Day? Happened already? When was this? o_O

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:40:48 PM
Originally posted by Senator Paelotu
(Smiles @ Sorr)

Were you oogling my junk? And by junk, I mean groin region!

Ano? nope...*wonders if Inu needs air yet* :p

Inu
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:22:08 AM
::backs off, breathes, and returns to his former position::

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:59:42 AM
:lol sjilly hun...