View Full Version : Regarding: Monster.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:04:11 PM
Drake, I have many things to ask you and tell you.

First, do you realize that your lightsaber blades are 8.5 - 9 feet long? I would find that kind of hard to maneuver with at all, having 2 that is, without cleaving yourself in half.

Second, I don't think that you could have easily recovered from a force push from my character, but that's just me and my thing..

Third (And mainly) You somehow managed to move fast enough to get behind me, whilst you were infront of me, in clear perfect view, and then to throw knives at me, which cut me (Not asking me if I wanted to be cut.)...

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27353

Is the thread in question...

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:07:55 PM
Eegh, I'll defer the issue of double berserker swords to Akrabbim, the SWFans sword expert guy. He actually prefers fighting with dual katanas, but I'm not sure what he would say to using sabers at such an exaggerated length. It may adversely affect leverage. I'll try to get him to reply with his $0.02

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:10:17 PM
Okies...

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:18:30 PM
And the third point is a bit of a stretch. You'd need some manner of suprise element to get on somebody's 6 in that situation.

The second point is possible though, IMO

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:23:24 PM
Yeah, second point I know about. I was mainly concerned with 1 and 3.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:41:43 PM
3 meter blades on a dual head sabre???

possible to make, but is not a weapon i would touch, you are literally limited to one axis of movement. think about it for a moment. knowing you are only going to get attacked in a general way, opponent can step inside and smite you. too easily.

point three is as zasz said. i would also find it hard to believe zasz would stand there while drake moved behind and attacked. i'd say you have legitimate issue.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:48:35 PM
He's using 2 sabers, if I'm correct. Each 1 meter each (He PM'd me correcting his mistake after this thread was made.)

And thanks, Marcus.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:57:49 PM
sorry guys for my mistake i will edit the post to make it sound more realistic. sorry :)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:04:11 PM
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:13:02 PM
no prob

Zasz Grimm
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:29:02 PM
And if all of you could divert your attention to

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27353

And check out the legitmacy of a "Healing Wave" and also Straffe's other moves, I would appreciate it.

Taylor Millard
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:35:46 PM
The punch is okay.

But healing him completely, especially if Straffe is still a padawan won't do.

Also how close is the wall to Zasz?

Zasz Grimm
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:37:09 PM
Considering where they are, like 4-5 feet from the house's wall. Less maybe?

Taylor Millard
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:39:59 PM
Then Zasz could be knocked back into the wall. But no damage would be done to the wall.

Destiny Stormrider
Feb 17th, 2003, 05:33:13 PM
Originally posted by Taylor Millard
The punch is okay.

But healing him completely, especially if Straffe is still a padawan won't do.

Also how close is the wall to Zasz?

Straffe's supposed to be Knighted soon (or so I heard)

(LOL!! The Stormriders are gaining a bad reputation I see, since Drake's Straffe's brother!)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:00:48 AM
Still, even our new knights aren't that experienced in healing yet...I haven't even seen any threads that relates Straffe's healing abilities.

To quote his CT: "There'd be less bloodshed on the battlefield if there was more time spent training"...

Well, I dunno why the hell I threw that it, but it had some significance in my head a few seconds ago. Stormriders have had a bad name ever since Lance(?) started it...starting with the Strider moves...ugh....:lol...

Zasz Grimm
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:28:38 AM
Well, I belive that the "Healing" is null and void. Even if he was skilled, it would take a substantial amount of time to heal someone completely, and afterwards, you would be drained. I will reply as soon as I contact Straffe.

Vampyre Dalamar
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:50:54 AM
(Not asking me if I wanted to be cut.).

Okay as I dont know Zasz and this is not against him. But I notice that in combat people say you can't rp with me and say you hit me. Whats the point of fighting if you have to have permission for every point of contact. Thats like saying you can only fight the way I want you to. I think thats the risk of combat that your going to get hit. To expect to be given permission for every blow is quite redundant. I would say you shouldn't fight if you cant take the hits. Again I dont know Zasz so this is not directed at him. Just a thought in general that you cannot strike without permission. In the rl you people dont wait for permission to strike you or ask where you want to be hit. I know this is rp but where suppose to keep it realistic.

This is not in reference to God moding and calling people on it, Or talking about a move thats just not possible or even a weapon as this one seems to be saying. Im refering to only one point and that is this. "I didnt say you could hit me." To which many would say "Thats good cause I didn't ask."

Now that I opened a can of worms whats your opinions on this? Do you think I'm right, wrong and if so why?

Zasz Grimm
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:57:33 AM
Throwing punches in a RP fight is all good and well. But when you throw knives, you leave it open for the person to decide whether he wants to get cut, or at least, that's what you should do in my opinion. In any of my replies to Drake have I specified that I drew blood in anyway shape or form. Or that I threw knives at him? No.

If Drake had left it to where I could reply to the knives, whether I would dodge it or not, I would have probably taking a knife into my arm, rather than a cut. It would have made my character more angry and would have given the fight more depth.

Dae Jinn
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:02:49 AM
I think it just means, if the other person cuts you really really badly. Maybe.
But a padawan can't fully heal themselves. And if they say they can, tell them you want to see a training thread where they learned this and threads where they have practiced it and perfected it to that level. I know I don't like doing many open rps because some (not all) Jedi's think they are invincible. They block every strike you do, and magically get every hit in that they make. They all are Force-masters, and can weild the Force perfectly, they're saber-experts too...and I'll stop ranting now :)

Basically...Everyone should have their training backed up by training and sparing threads. Then your moves can't be disputed, unless it's GMing, of course.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:15:44 AM
I have noticed the same thing myself, Dae.

:\

Straffe Stormrider
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:57:44 PM
I dont want to start disputes but I think I can clear this up abit. If you read my post carefully, I did not say I healed him completely. I just said that I healed him abit to help him. Alot of my training was done with Lance since he is my master. You wanted an open sparr and you got one. Just go with the flow man...We are just here to RP and not make a big fuss about alot of the stuff that goes on in the thread. The way I do it is that if there is a problem with the thread, I deal with the person in it. Like when I faced the shrine vampire guy...I PMed him about some things and it was cleared up. If my healing wave is what bugs you the most. Straffe has a very weak one since he has never really tried to master it. He only uses it to stop bleeding or something minor. He never uses it for something big

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:48:57 AM
But, Straffe, even stopping bleeding has to take some time, and pausing to flick your hand at Drake would leave you open to some kind of assault by Zasz...for example, Cilghal is probably the best jedi healer...but to heal Mon Mothma's virus, it took 11 HOURS...I'm not saying a hacked up leg is life-threatening, but even stopping bleeding should take a bit longer...but, oh well, I'm here with my handy medkit...:lol...

Also, Dae, I've noticed the same stuff...especially among our attention-whores at the GJO...that's why I only use established crap in my posts...If I'm gonna set up my sniper-rifle and cap some NPC, and somebody balks, I'll link them to my Marksmanship threads. Also, I've seen the way Lance trains...it's not really bad, just....REALLY...FAST...

For example, my friend Megan learned all the crap I did from Lance in 20 posts...for me to learn that stuff from Jen, it took maybe 6 seperate threads...OH well, the fight seems to be much more evened out now, and Drake and Straffe aren't GMing at all, which is cool. I think this thread'll shape up well if we can keep it alive.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:56:26 AM
Wait, must add something...

Straffe, wasn't your Triple technique outlawed by the mods after you used it in a training thread with Akrabbim? There was a big discussion about in in our OOC Avalon place...correct me if I'm wrong, dude.

~Jace~

Zasz Grimm
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:55:14 AM
I have no time to read the 3 weird replies of that thread right now, I will get to it second block.

Straffe Stormrider
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:41:33 AM
Wat triple technique? Are you talkin abotu my Strider move? If thats it...I wasnt told anything

Aejin Rahn
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:42:55 AM
Do people just choose to ignore my posts?????

By Straffe doing nothing he would be dead. Re-read my post, please.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:01:19 AM
Sorry, Aejin, I took note of your post, but I still think there's a problem...as to the technique thing...erm, lemme dig it up, Straffe...

GM thread...methinks...:p... (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25145&perpage=20&highlight=akrabbim&pagenumber=1)

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the discussion we ended up with in there basically outlawed some Strider skills on the basis that a bunch of them were completely impossible and un-Star Wars like...

...and we've all got a soft spot for Akrabbim...:lol.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:20:34 AM
Lion, IM me.

Unheard Dilemma .

So that we can talk, etc.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:27:41 AM
Okay, Zasz...I'll see if I can hit you over AIM.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:16:02 AM
*sneaks up and stabs THEM ALL IN THE BACK HAHA*

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:20:25 AM
Riiiight....:lol...so, what do y'all think that thread meant, cuz it sorta got hijacked halfway through...:p...

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:42:39 AM
Ummm.... healing wave?

But, Straffe, even stopping bleeding has to take some time, and pausing to flick your hand at Drake would leave you open to some kind of assault by Zasz...for example, Cilghal is probably the best jedi healer...but to heal Mon Mothma's virus, it took 11 HOURS...I'm not saying a hacked up leg is life-threatening, but even stopping bleeding should take a bit longer...but, oh well, I'm here with my handy medkit......

That's true. Healing you need to purposly concentrate your mind and then focus on the area in question and it is time and energy consuming.

There is a way to staunch wounds quick, but it's pretty coarse. It would be okay in a fight. But more... ummm no, you woould have to disengage and get clear enough to not be attacked while your concentrating on more. And healing someone else over a range? A Jedi Master would be hard pressed to be capable of doing that. I'm pretty sure you need personal contact.

Straffe Stormrider
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:19:01 AM
That thread was never finished so I was never told it was outlawed. The Strider moves is a Stormrider trait just like with alot of people I see that are Gurus. Im here for one thing...To RP. If Zasz wants to be a baby and do everything with the MODs then whats the point of RPing?

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:39:03 AM
The point of roleplaying is to have fun. The point of having Moderators is to address roleplaying disputes, such as this one. Inventing new aspects to the Star Wars universe is one of the things people like to do, however not all of these imagined aspects are reasonable to associate with the genre. When an issue comes up where there is a dispute between two parties, the Moderators are there to sift through people's points and make the final judgement call on what is and is not permissible.

From Zasz's point of view, you are acting unfairly by using an unrealistic technique. From your point of view, you weren't informed about any problems with it, so it is okay. There is clearly a point-of-view problem here and calling Zasz a baby does not help things in any way, shape, or form. What it does do is color you as a sore loser who's just been called on to account for himself, and if you're interested in avoiding that reputation, avoid the name-calling and stick to the facts.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:07:54 PM
Yes...for example, Marcus goes by the rules...most of the time. So does Reaper, Sanis, and Hob (I think...:p...). Are you going to call them babies, just because they stepped in to correct them. If we didn't have anybody to step in and solve problems like these, RPing would be completely useless. There'd be no way to stop GMing, you'd have completely un-Star Wars like stuff happening, and there'd generally be no order around here.

Since you weren't informed, it's not your fault, but by jumping in and calling somebody a baby...that's uncalled for.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:33:49 PM
So did GJO ever make up its mind on whether they thought that one of their padawans should be able to do "Strider" moves?

I would hesitate to sit in judgement over someone's padawan. But if asked to, I would.

In my opinion such a complex illusion would be beyond the grasp of a padawan or apprentice. <--one mod's unofficial opinion.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:18:04 AM
"Strider" powers were not decided on, but after reading the thread where it was discussed, I can see that there was objections to anything that gave anyone an unresonable or unnatural advantage, or was simply not possible. There was a request to list such Strider skills for a decision. There was no reply on that request.

As Lance Stromrider is a Knight, he is allowed to teach somethign that may be outside the Jedi code that is not contradictory. However he has not explained how being a Strder is within Star Wars and if it gives someone an unresonably and unnatural advantage. Thence, There is one weeks notice given that unless explaination is given...... and I suspect if nothing is forthcoming or the explaination is unsatisfactory, Strider powers will end barred for GJO.

Sanis Prent
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:45:59 AM
I agree with Marcus to that regard. We were rather patient in trying to hear an explanation that was never forthcoming. So, I feel that without any justifying support of Strider techniques, it shouldn't be allowed.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:30:01 AM
Has anybody tried to contact Lance about this? He's the only GJO knight with the Stormrider name, so I guess he's the originator.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:42:25 PM
He has been contacted. Any other Stormrider is free to respond as well

Destiny Stormrider
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:58:03 PM
Straffe and Lance are they only ones that know the Strider techniques. And Lance is kinda busy with life, so he might not reply very soon...(just to let you guys know) If I see him, I'll tell him. :)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:09:48 PM
Rp is the very last thing on my mind at the moment. But when I get the time to I will talk personally with Straffe. As I stopped using these techniques months ago, I think Straffe misunderstood what I told him once. Sorry for that. And as for the healing wave there I have no idea so far I have never teached Straffe such moves. And Lion about my way of training padawans I was trained by Leia and she trained me exactly the way I train my padawan and nobody ever told Leia anything. And I received 5 times less training then Straffe has received and still I did get promoted to Jedi Knight without any difficulty so I dont see whats wrong with my way of training. Also like I said I dont have much time to rp and my padawans need me to go a bit faster so I have to boost my things up, I have a life and believe me I don't have as much free time as other people do. I wish I had but I dont.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:26:40 AM
Hold it, dude...wasn't insulting your way of training, man. Rinoa likes it, since she doesn't really have enough time to slog through twenty different threads.

So, this is just a misunderstanding on Straffe's part?

Sage Hazzard
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:19:52 AM
I'd like to comment on the knives deal. I didn't read the thread but I concur that thinks like that need to be open to the replier. It's the same if I shoot at you. If I said I hit you, you'd be dead. So you need to leave it open ended. Unless of course it's something really close and you have him tied up or something... that might be okay if it's okayed OOC by the other dude. Like ask OOC in the post "is that cool?"

Oh and I'm refering to throwing knives. If something's in the air, coming at your opponent, it should be open. Just like blaster shots should be.

Personally, I like taking damage with my character, if I believe the post was done well. If it was set up nicely and my character would be hit, I like making him get hit. It just adds some coolness to it. Fighting hurt's fun.

Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:03:43 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Hold it, dude...wasn't insulting your way of training, man. Rinoa likes it, since she doesn't really have enough time to slog through twenty different threads.

So, this is just a misunderstanding on Straffe's part?

Lol dont worry didnt take it as an insult, as yes its a misunderstanding I did tell him a while back ago that he had to stop using those techs but I didnt really mke myself clear. Err X_X

Straffe Stormrider
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:18:41 PM
I see what you guys are saying and I have changed the way I RP in the past week. My Strider skills will no longer be used...Only for demonstration if thats ok? IF its also ok...May I keep the title of Strider? Ne that weve gone through all this.... Can we get back to some good ol RPing?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:34:44 PM
What do you mean, for demonstration?

Zeke
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:38:43 PM
To impress the ladies, dude. Why else?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:53:15 PM
:thumbdown

That is not an acceptable answer for our judges panel.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:24:39 AM
I think ladies are an acceptable answer for any sorta panel...:lol...

Ya, Straffe...I dunno about the demostrations...if you could do them just to show off, what would keep you from doing them in battle? As for the title...I say we let him keep it. Lion is an honorary member of the Deathwing and is also one of the "unforgiven", both of which mean absolutely nothing if you haven't read my bio (which isn't up yet...:p).

If Strider skills don't exist, I don't really see any reason not to continue with the Strider title...it is, afterall, one of the defining elements of the Stormrider clan..sorta...:lol.

Feb 25th, 2003, 05:38:19 AM
Not really Stormriders, Strider is only a symbol for Lance now. I havent used the strider skills in months. Heh

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:52:56 AM
:lol....that's like quitting drugs or smoking or something...We should give you a prize.

Feb 25th, 2003, 04:40:04 PM
No quitting drugs is much harder believe me ;) I know :p