PDA

View Full Version : Flying Lips of Death (open)

Emma Harvan
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:11:47 PM
It’s funny how some people talk. Most can just say what needs to be said and be done with it. Others, however, face afar more dismal fate. But reassuringly, it’s not their fault. It’s the fault of a horrible virus contracted at birth. PESD, or as it’s commonly known, Premature Excessive Speech Disorder. Now you might wonder, with all the advances in medical science, why can’t it be cured? The first reason is this: It is impossible to diagnose until a child begins to learn words in whatever language he/she/it will speak. The second is this: As soon as a child begins to speak, PESD matures into the much more hazardous disease MM. Motor Mouth, sadly, is in most cases incurable and very painful. But only for the unfortunate who happen to be around someone infected.

“And m’ Da is really tall, he can almost tooch the sky! I’m jes’ little right now but one day, I’ll be as big as m’ Da, maybe bigger! I got to eat my vegables though, but I think the doctor sayed I dun’t have t’ anymore. Mama says tha’ I’m jes’ tellin’ stories and tha’ he dinna say anything like tha’. D’ y’ eat your vegebles? I betcha d’, cos y’re really big. When I get growed up I’m gonna never make my kids eat vegebles. They’re gross. Have y’ ever been to the park? I been there and I went on the big slide, all by myself. It was scary…”

The unfortunate audience of the tiny child’s endless chatter today was the bartender. Every time he turned to do something, Emma would begin to speak again. He was beginning to lose his patience.

“And guess wha’? When I get five, m’ Mama sayed I can go t’ the park wi’ my friend Jas, all by ourselves and…”

Hino Draconian
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:26:01 PM
Hearing the young girl talk, and taking into the growing irritation of the bar keep, Draco decided he should, maybe, give her someone else to talk to.

"Really, all by yourselfs?" He said with slight interest, hoping it would catch the girl's attention away from the barkeep.