PDA

View Full Version : OT changes in the upcoming DVD release

Jedieb
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:07:54 AM
The SE's had a plethora of revisions and additions. Do you think the DVD's will as well? I'm of the opinion that Lucas may tweak the OT even more just for the DVD's or even a possible theatrical re-release of all 6 films. I'm just wondering what kind of changes we might see. Is he going to mess with Stormtrooper voices? Are we going to get shots of an aged Jimmy Smits on Alderran? There's a lot he could do.

JMK
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:14:34 PM
I've always theorized that Lucas subsidizes a DVD release by a theatrical release. I think we will see all 6 movies, with changes to all back in theaters around 2007 on the 30th annversary of ANH, then we will get them on DVD.

The changes?
More Alderaan in ANH, Stormtrooper voices, all kinds of other stuff...

CMJ
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:04:50 PM
Who the heck knows? I'd guess he'll fiddle with them a bit.

Darth \/ader
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:54:35 PM
i think he'll put alot more CGI in it.
maybe he'll replace mark hamill with a CGI version, he he :p only joking

what would be nice is if he changed the greedo scene back to the original, han shot first damn it!

JMK
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:59:02 PM
I doubt he'll ever change that back to the way it was. We're stuck with the softer GL from now one.

Something that I'm sure he is not happy with and will change is the SE Jabba. That will HAVE to go.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:04:45 AM
I am sure he will change Jabba, another thing will be Palpatine in TESB that horrid monkey thing will be changed and we get the Palpatine we know from ROTJ, and the prequels. After that I don't know we might get changes in the troopers voices so they match up with Morrison, could even change Boba Fett for that matter.

JediBoricua
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:51:52 PM
Alderaan shoots first!!!! LOL

(Stole this from a signature at TF.net)

Jedieb
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:07:19 AM
Palpatine in ESB really should be changed. It seems like it would be a simple enough change. You had a female actress with too much makeup and a male voice over. That should go. A nice FAT Jabba would make his ANH appearance more palatable. But then think of all the EU references to Hutt weight changes that would get contradicted. GL would NEVER do that would he? ;)

Jedieb
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:20:05 AM
I just came across an article that touches on the DVD's and possible changes. Yeah some of us want Han to shoot first again, but what about bringing back Max Rebo and his ORIGINAL band? Here's a guy who wants that ol' time Rock n' Roll back in the OT.
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0743/index.html

WARNING: The article does contain profanity.

The guy is a big SW toy geek like me so some of you who've stayed away from Lucas' plastic empire may not get some of the references. As for me, I'm busy downloading that old commercial. :)