PDA

View Full Version : OOC: RE: Uproar in the Senate

Senator Maren
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:53:42 PM
If you are interested in this thread, FEEL free to participate!

A few rules:

NR is comprised of only these planets:
NR/GJO:
Anobis
Anoth
Arcan IV (NRSF) *
Bonadan
Bothawui *
Calan (NR/Cizerack Pride) IN CONTENTION
Chandrila *
Chiss
Chorax
Clak'dor VII
Dagobah (GJO)
Dynasine *
Fornax
Gall *
Gand
Helska
Ison
Osarian
Ota
Kile II
Kuat *
Mon Calamari
Nehantish *
Pakrik Major
Pil Diller *
Reecee
Roon *
Rudrig *
Sernpidal
Taloraan *
Vortex *
Yavin system (GJO)
Yavin (GJO)
Yavin 4 (GJO)
Yavin 8 (GJO)
Yavin 13 (GJO)

so far Chandrila, Kuat, Arcan IV, Bothawui, Rudrig, Vortex and Dynasine are spoken for. Dynasine is made up. You can do that too. But make it believable, or you will be smote. By A BIG STICK, or a stab in the back courtesy of Akrabbim. >D

The GJO systems I don't know about, but I'd talk to GJO before you make a Senator from Yavin.

I've NPCed two senators (accidentally used non NR planets, am editing!) from Yag'dul and Roon, but feel free to use these planets, jsut don't contradict what I've already said about them, ok?

Now. Who wants to be next? Post name (pref. with account), and pertinent information, like where you're from, how old, political stance, etc.

NO DUPLICATES!

And this is the Senate, so if you're deemed unbelievable, we'll help you become believable.

Senator Chapelmount
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:49:21 AM
Rudrig is taken now :)

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:05:56 AM
Did you even think to have the courtesy of speaking to me first? A PM maybe? A note somewhere?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:11:22 AM
Why?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:16:01 AM
I'd first posted regarding this issue in LD's study about 5 days ago. If you needed advance notice of ideas, its there.

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:19:58 AM
To ask what I thought? Right now I feel like this is having fun at my expense, for typing something that was only done to set something else up later in Carry The World and not taken further. I believe it would have been the right thing to ask for my opinion first. I might even have been able to give suggestions, or told you to hold off until I really put the wind up the Cizerack.

However, right now, this is only succeeding in very much putting me off. :mad

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:26:01 AM
Its been on the discussion floor for 5 days without reply. You replied elsewhere, so it seemed in the green.

And of course its at Helenias's expense. Its politics. That is the evil of the game...defamation of character and all the fixins.

I think what the thread is going for is a kind of cumulation of side-events happening elsewhere. Not really sure why it would need to wait up in that scenario. At any rate, the thing is very much just begun. Your suggestions are of course welcome, as they've been welcome before.

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:34:00 AM
What the hell are you talking about? This whatever you call it seems to have been formed in the last 24 hours on the spur of a moment.

You call that thing you posted comment and asking me? No it was not. You spoke of a hazy idea and a comment on my post that I needed not to reply to.

Senator Maren
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:36:44 AM
Helenias, its not meant to spite you in anyway, I hope you know that.

This RP will not affect Carry the World. Carry the World affects this RP.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 13th, 2003, 01:37:46 AM
It was a discussion thread, throwing ideas about. That is the point of posting it there, for all parties involved to weigh in on them, put their two cents down, and move on. It sat for 5 days, and you even posted after it. It didn't come out of the blue.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:50:02 AM
The thread is continuing until further notice. I apologize for any misunderstandings that have arisen.

I hope to do many more Senate threads in the future as well.

Senator Aris-Yan'Din
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:25:43 AM
Bonadan is now taken.

Senator Maren
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:09:13 AM
Something to keep in mind:

Billingbri has nothing to do with Carshoulis Prime, they are two different issues entirely.

Senator Evenstar is at Carshoulis as a Senate negotiator to the Cizerack over the issue of Calan, a highly disputed planet of humans on the edge of the Carshoulis Cluster.

Billingbri is/was under attack by the Balmorran Empire, and all intelligence reports lead us to believe that the Empire may be on the verge of collapse from within. Internal power struggles, and the like.

And health care, as we all know, is just boring.:)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:22:14 AM
A group is currently doing their own thing with the Senate. (TBH).

Read a few of "A Call To Order" threads and it's obvious. Just thought I would bring that to your attention.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:39:04 PM
Edit: Whoops! My post didn't make sense, did it? Nevermind... I'm just crazy some days.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:33:59 PM
Zasz, I play Senator Maren.

(and could you NOT give away our evil secret plans, please?!?!)

:angel

The Senators from the planets I listed in the first post cannot be used, as they are already being used by other people.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:58:26 PM
I read wrong...

^_^;

(I didn't give away any plans, just said if you saw the threads you would know!)

Senator Hin'Koth
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:28:54 PM
Taloraan is now taken.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:46:46 PM
*makes frantic throat cut motions at Zasz behind the backs of everyone else* :x

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:00:04 PM
Senator Aris-Yan'Din
Bonadan

Senator Chapelmount
Rudrig

Senator Hesith
Gall

Senator Hin'Koth
Taaloran

Senator Jesphal
IN thread ????what system?

Senator Maren
Chandrila

Senator Paelotu
Dynasine

Senator D'raaj A'akantheil
Nehantish

Bette Davis
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:27:12 AM
btw, apparently the Shrine is on Roon?

Why is it on the list of NR planets? Or do they not care?

Tevit Ramastan
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:35:44 AM
Could you add Nehantish to the planet list, and Senator D'raaj A'akantheil to the senators list. Thanks.

Alexi Hesith
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:41:46 AM
Gall is now taken

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:32:25 PM
Can I get in on some of this???

Xazor Elessar
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:40:29 PM
Can I be the senator of my home planet Eden? :D It's part of the NR (the way that I've played it up, not sure about Verse, he's from there as well).

But if I could possibly be a Jedi Senator as well, I'd like to be so of Eden. :)

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:47:02 PM
Just my take on it...preferably no. I don't think having two Jedi senators is a good idea. Helenias's seat was a special exception for Arcan IV, I think. The delegates would go nuts if this became a trend. I think Kaiassurri (sp) would be a more interesting choice. She's from Eden as well, right?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:03:51 PM
ARGH! Again, with the too many hats. I am not liking these characters with many hats. They clash and are in poor taste.

(hats = roles)

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:03:54 PM
Personally, I'm not that crazy about Jedi being senators, period. Being a senator involves serving a particular constituancy and having goals that aren't always in agreement with the philosophies of the Jedi. Not to mention the unscrupulous possibility for said senator to potentially serve Jedi interests more so that those of the Republic and/or the person's home world. It's an inherent conflict of interests, IMO.

The Jedi certainly have the Chancellor's ear, and can have connections within the government, and can serve as ambassadors, diplomats and advisors...

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:05:57 PM
Words right out of my mouth. Jedi don't belong in politics. Its a dangerous combination cough*palpatine*cough.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:40:55 PM
More appropriate would be the position of Jedi liason to the Senate, and I think Figrin D'an has that role, but I don't know for sure.

Other than that I agree with Morg, Figrin and Sanis.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:54:24 PM
Well, Morgan also had that postion until he dissapeared since he had no Padawans.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:00:05 PM
When I think of Jedi in the Senate I think of the conversation between Obiwan and Anakin moments before they sense the Kouhuns in Padmé's bedroom.

"She's a politician and they are not to be trusted."

A Jedi's opinion.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:06:51 PM
For me, I meant that I would start a new character. I would LOVE to play a politician.

I just don't have any ideas or direction.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:09:42 PM
"But master.... I wanna get down with her soooo bad. I'm a jedi, I can lover her loooong time!"

Seriously: Loki's quote is dead on. Would you trust anything but a handfull of the politicians in any Government?

Senator Paelotu
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:25:01 PM
I did not...have...sexual...relations...with that Twi'Lek.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:22:51 PM
Charley -- yeah, I think that's actually a great idea! Kaiasssuri would be a great senator because she is from Eden and is the Princess of the cat tribes -- she has good relations with the Garou and the communication is there. Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Thanks! :D

So.....

Kaiasssuri Cissarroni is the Senator of Eden.

:)

(If that's okay with everyone)

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:32:38 PM
Don't see how that's a problem. :)

Senator Paelotu
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:01:38 PM
Wha?!

--

...ghk!

HOW DARE YOU AGREE WITH ME!

Xazor Elessar
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:39:01 AM
:D Guess there's a first for everything! ;)

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:10:32 AM
:lol!!!

You got a reaction out of Charley, Xazor! And what a reaction! Classic! :lol

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:14:32 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Personally, I'm not that crazy about Jedi being senators, period. Being a senator involves serving a particular constituancy and having goals that aren't always in agreement with the philosophies of the Jedi. Not to mention the unscrupulous possibility for said senator to potentially serve Jedi interests more so that those of the Republic and/or the person's home world. It's an inherent conflict of interests, IMO.

The Jedi certainly have the Chancellor's ear, and can have connections within the government, and can serve as ambassadors, diplomats and advisors...

Maybe fishing for a few of my posts that deal with those issues. I've been long ahead on that knowing what a Jedi in the Senate could cause and do. That is what to me is attractive about it as a roleplaying idea.

Dae Jinn
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:17:55 AM
I think he was refering to other Jedis being senators. I think this is a good idea, even though I'm not a part of it. Certainly is a different kind of rp :lol

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:38:46 AM
Originally posted by Helenias Evenstar
Maybe fishing for a few of my posts that deal with those issues. I've been long ahead on that knowing what a Jedi in the Senate could cause and do. That is what to me is attractive about it as a roleplaying idea.

It's fine if you want to set up your character for later conflict, involving some of those very things that I mentioned. That's character development, and I'm all for that. I'm more concerned about it in the sense that Morgan mentioned... characters with too many hats/jobs, and thinking they can succeed at them all, and that everything will be peachy keen RP-wise. If you are going to take on tasks IC that conflict with each other, then you have to ready to accept the consequences, be they from your own penned hand, or from the greater RP universe in general.

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:03:09 AM
If you are going to take on tasks IC that conflict with each other, then you have to ready to accept the consequences, be they from your own penned hand, or from the greater RP universe in general.

I really dont need a sermon. I've already put a lot of thought into this and what I wish to do, where it's going and how.

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:04:48 AM
No need to be snippy

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:08:29 AM
If I was being snippy, I would have stuck a melon up your backside and told you to blow it out your <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>

:angel

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:09:39 AM
Lets leave kinky details to after-hours. We have work to do!

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:12:23 AM
Tell me Senator... would the insertion of your right arm in your left earhole also be counted as "kinky?"

:evil

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:13:45 AM
"Lets leave kinky details to after-hours. We have work to do!"

Good advice from honorable Senator Jelly Doughnut.

:p

Senator Paelotu
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:16:13 AM
Ich bin ein Berliner!

Senator Faulksen
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:47:04 AM
Back on topic for a moment :)

Senator Faulksen
Planet: Anobis

Senator Thareena
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:31:31 PM
LMAO !!

*dies laughing*

Alexi Hesith
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:11:22 AM
Is anyone getting a kick out of being a coniving, backstabber... because I am!

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:16:26 AM
Originally posted by Senator Paelotu
I did not...have...sexual...relations...with that Twi'Lek.

:lol You mean... Charley's My DAD???

*Faints*

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:12:28 PM
You so crazy...lol :D

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:43:14 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
ARGH! Again, with the too many hats. I am not liking these characters with many hats. They clash and are in poor taste.

(hats = roles)

Actually, that's one of the things I enjoy about playing Pierce, although I am always careful to explain that having two positions is a difficult thing to do.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:58:08 PM
I'll take Mon Calamari (details pending :))

Senator Mah Deesan
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:47:36 PM
Senator Mah Deesan of Mon Calamari

Originally from the floating city of Huerkea, Mah descends from a royal lineage of warriors and diplomats who have fought and stood for peace for nearly as old as the planet of Mon Calamari itself. Mah was born merely months before Imperial forces regrouped the Second Deathstar. His father, General Jon Deesan, commanded alongside Admiral Ackbar's Rebel forces throughout the Galactic Civil War. His mother stayed on the forefront of Imperial plunder, motivating Mon Cal citizens to stand up against occupying Imperial forces. She was captured and held prisonner for several years. After the Second Death Star was destroyed, Imperial occupation was driven out and she was restored to her family. The surviving couple sought the best of education and training for their son, so that he could grow to keep the Deesan legacy of bravery and wisdom alive.

Now, at the age of 38, Mah holds the position of Senator for Mon Calamari in the Galactice Senate. He stands at the helm of a planet which faced much tragedy during the Galactic Civil War. It's healing process has continued, and Mah holds dear the ideals of restoration, peace, and honor among Senators. He believes in diplomacy and he feels that war is always, always the final option. Not quick to draw a weapon against his opponents, he holds security around him to a minimal level, instead holding steadfast to the ideal that "peaceful appearance breeds peaceful interaction." He is known to rely on the wisdom of the Jedi Council, something his forefathers strongly believed in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:28:16 PM
wow great bio!

I suggest all senators do the same, and i will when I get home. That was we can know what we're all talking about, concerning the others.

Senator Mah Deesan
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:33:57 PM
:D

Thanks, LD! I encourage it, too. These people are important--they need histories.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:38:06 PM
I didn't know we we're suppose to have a bio...

Sanis Prent
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:36:26 PM
Now you do!

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:15:17 PM
Are you mean purposely or does it came naturally?

Sanis Prent
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:45:21 PM
Comes pretty naturally I guess. Could say I'm gifted :)

Dae Jinn
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:01:21 PM
It's just his way. And having a bio is a great idea. :)

Figrin D'an
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:36:24 AM
Haven't had time to write one. I will when I get rid of this crappy cold/flu garbage I've got at the moment.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:37:43 AM
I know, Figrin! I have a really, really sore throat and it sucks. I can barely swallow jell-o! >_<

Sanis Prent
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:47:40 AM
Glad I'm not in the minority here. I have been sipping whiskey to shoo away a nasty bit of bronchitis this weekend :(

James Prent
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:27:57 AM
A bio is a good thing to have for any character.

And if you'll notice the thread sort of got carried away, everyone else can now catch up if they still wish to. Chapelmount has apologized. :p

Alexi Hesith
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:25:33 AM
You want a bio. Here goes.

Like many people his age, Hesith grew up during the last years of the Republic. He is not a native of the world he represents. He was born and raised on Alderaan and only came to Gall when his father, an idustrialist, set up a factory on the planet.

Hesith ran the family company as its CEO and during the days of the Empire won contracts for a number of projects. He did not, however, embrace the New Order. The Imperial Occupation of his adopted homeworld caused much suffering and he inveted most of his company's profits in charities to help those who were suffering. The collapse off the Empire caused further suffering on Gall as local government fell apart. When Gall finally stabilised and joined the Republic Hesith was one of the planets leaders.

Hesith's appointment to the Senate is zenith of his career. He knows that climbing further is impossible and is therefore content to work for his people. He sits on a number of Senate committees and chairs the sub-committee on Military Froces Regulation. Fromt his position he seeks to curb the military's power. His frequent clashes with the militarists in the Senate tend to be short lived due to the military's limited duties.

As a Senator, Hesith prefers manoever to all out debate. He has learned the value of a "quiet word" and "quid pro quo" in achieving his aims. But that does not mean he avoids debate- on the contrary he embraces it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:15:48 PM
If you're reading this, and play a senator, then you'll notice that I've adjourned the meeting for an hour.

Each senator gets two posts and by the end of the second post you need to be back in your seats to start the session again.

I also need someone to help me locate someone in the NR military who wants to serve as a military liason to the Senate. Pref. a general or admiral.

Also, whoever it is who is serving as the Jedi liason to the Senate, I need you also to be there. Thanks!

Figrin D'an
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:18:21 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Also, whoever it is who is serving as the Jedi liason to the Senate, I need you also to be there. Thanks!

Fill me in when you have an opportunity...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:27:34 PM
Um, you're being summoned to the senate chamber, because everyone is confused about what a Jedi's reaction is , and need insight on Evenstar.

The military person is needed for insight into the actual happenings at Bilbgrinisckldskla, as no one wants to listen to Chapelmount anymore. ;)

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:31:39 PM
Their is a possibility I might do it, but you'd have to conversate with me over pm or aim. Otherwise I dont think I could do it...

Figrin D'an
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:40:08 PM
I'll post in the thread soon, to kind of set things up.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:30:40 AM
Jamel I don't know what you're talking about. ?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:08:08 PM
Senator Hesith? You used your two posts. Just FYI. ? Did you mean to?

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:19:00 PM
I'm talking about the military part of her request.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:26:37 PM
Jamel you would have to already play a NR character, and you don't. To my knowledge. So, sorry, but I need someone else.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:30:22 PM
BY THE WAY: if the senators could post here with who plays them, I'd appreciate it, because I have no idea who I'm RPing with. I play Senator Maren and Mon Thareena.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:32:19 PM
<-- Senator Paelotu :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:32:27 PM
-_-

Actually I do play a NR character.

Senator Jesphal - Pil Diller

"Private" Randis Scretizza

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:33:21 PM
I'm (the quiet) Faulksen.

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:34:35 PM
Okay I admit I know way too much, sometimes, about political systems.

I believe the New Republic would have a commitee who would look over the military commanders.

Now, like the Joint Chiefs of Staff or the First Lord of the Admiralty, there would be a direct military commander in charge of hte military.

BUT, if I understand the British System, the military commander reports to the First Lord of the Admiralty who then reports to the Parliment in whole.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff is a bit like that as well. However they report to the President and the Defense Secretary. The Joint Chiefs are informed by the military commanders in the various engagement theaters (CINC-PAC, CINC-ATL [I think that's what the Cmdr. in Chief of the Atlantic is called]) who're told by various other commanders, etc etc etc.

I think Leia would have something like that OR someone like the First Lord of the Admiralty who would be a member of the Senate.

Anyone can correct me if the First Lord of the Admiralty has changed...most of what I know of the Joint Chiefs I got off their website.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:36:51 PM
Jamel we need a General or an Admiral, like Admiral Ackbar, not a private.....but thank you for offering. I'm trying to rouse someone from the NR board.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:39:47 PM
What about Sanis Prent, I think he has a character that works in the New Republic that has a character that is a General, or an Admiral. And if you go by what Taylor said, maybe someone will have to create a character, suprisingly I wont.

I have too much on my hands in reality, and role playing right now, so I couldn't do it.

::Scurries off:::

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:40:26 PM
The military person is needed for insight into the actual happenings at Bilbgrinisckldskla, as no one wants to listen to Chapelmount anymore. ;)

It's Bilbringi and HEY, I like Chapelmount....

But then I'm biased. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:41:38 PM
Taylor, why can't you just say "I play Chapelmount" like a normal person? :rolleyes

;)

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:43:18 PM
Taylor is essentially correct. Here the UK the navy, army and air force chiefs of staff report to the Minister of Defence. He or she is part of the Cabinet who are collectively responsible to Parliament. We also use a system of committees since getting every member of the house together to question the military commanders would take too long- it's called the Defence and Overseas Policy Committee and it's chaired by the Prime Minister.

Perhaps the NR has something similar.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:46:09 PM
Ok, it sounds good to me, but then we need something like that...like soon. :)

*huggles Hesith* He Sith? ;)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:46:20 PM
I truthfully haven't read Uproar, but I have a question...

Zasz's Home Planet, Gallidorn, though made up, should have a Senator, yes?

Hob and I were talking a while back about this. Surely they could be played out in the Senate? If so, I think it would make for a good RP..

Or no?

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:47:42 PM
Thank you Roy Jenkins and the book 'Churchill'. :)

To me, it looks like Lucas and SW follows the British system a bit more than the American system...which is why I suggest the First Lord of the Admiralty and all that jazz.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:47:50 PM
Depends if Gallidorn is in the NR.

I would have loved to have a Senator from Fascinataru, but sadly that's not NR (or canon even :x).

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:48:50 PM
Ok, it sounds good to me, but then we need something like that...like soon. :)

*huggles Hesith* He Sith? ;)

Chapelmount could do it.

Could be one reason why he's so Pro-Attack Bilbringi

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:49:10 PM
"If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee."

"If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

We love Churchill. :D

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:49:34 PM
LD, I am playing Mah Deesan from Mon Calamari.

And I hope everyone does a funny Ackbar voice when reading my posts, 'cuz it's just fun! :D

If we need any type of extra characters, I would be very, very much up for a spot. Being a political science major, this is definitely my bag! :)

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:51:14 PM
"He Sith"

Hey I just liked the sound of the name... it has no other meaning!!!!

seriously though I don't think the NR would tie its overseas policy to defence and the military. By the way does the NR have a cabinet? All I've read about is an Inner Council which sounds a lot like a smaller Senate.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:52:02 PM
heh heh...you got it! ;)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:52:11 PM
I'm so left out on this stuff. Gallidorn is doubtful to be in the New Republic, or if so, would be a new member...

I was just asking if I could do this. I would have fun playing a Senator from Zasz's home planet.

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:59:48 PM
Zasz where is this planet. I read in a source book that some of the smaller planets and systems were grouped together. Palpatine represented a lot of other planets- not just Naboo. Perhaps there could be a Senator like that or you could have a Representative tied to one of the Senators- kinda like Jar Jar in Ep II.

If not, and for non NR worlds what about Ambassadors. If the Empire can have one why not some others?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:03:23 PM
Paelotu would actually be perfectly suited to the task. In the past (yes I've RPed this character more than this), he's chaired the committee on Internal investigation, which is largely a measuring stick to make sure that the Jedi are behaving with all the power that the Republic bestows on them. This could also be extended to the military. Thoughts?

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:05:43 PM
Seprate committee. I think the NR would be keen to seprate powers. Plapatine collected powers and became Emperor- the Nr would be keen not to let this happen again.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:08:37 PM
Yes indeed.

That's a fundamental of any democracy, and I think the NR would definitely do everything possible to avoid the Emperor's second coming. :)

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:13:20 PM
Being strangly interested in government I have an idea. If the NR works on the principle that the people, through their representatives, have power it would make sense to put Senators on the committee. Also judges and military types. How about this.

Chairperson
8 senators
4 military
4 judges/lawyers
This way the people stay in control but the Senators are checked by the law.

Figrin D'an
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:23:11 PM
I'm playing Senator Hin'Koth, as well as my Jedi character synonymous with this account.

Participation on a committee for my senate character would be fine, but he's decline chairmanship if offered. I'd be fine with Paelotu chairing it.

Senator Chapelmount
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:29:18 PM
I was hoping to chair the military committee. It'd fit Chapelmount's character to chair it (if only for a brief while).

Alexi Hesith
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:31:04 PM
It would explain a great deal and isn't the point of committee membership to serve your voters' needs? Rudrig is militaristic isn't it so Chapelmount would obviously be on a military committee.

Senator Chapelmount
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:46:08 PM
I would like to think so...

I dunno, what does everyone else think?

Figrin D'an
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:47:08 PM
Chapelmount chairing the military committee is fine with me.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:51:32 PM
I'm okay with it..

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:46:41 PM
I'm okay with it as long as you aren't biting off more than you can chew, Taytay. :)

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:49:32 PM
*would reply but his mouth is too full*

:D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:56:36 PM
-_-

Silus Xilarian
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:56:51 PM
Sorry, we sometimes stuff a sock in his mouth to shut him up. Especially when he starts ranting on about insubordination and such. My fault :)

Oh, and im playing Ambassador Tarkenton from Balmorra ^_^;

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:15:40 PM
Do you play the Ambassador?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:21:17 PM
I'll stick to interests pertaining to the Jedi. I enjoy being their watchdog >D

Silus Xilarian
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:53:01 PM
um....thats what I thought I said...

*looks*

Yup, I said that

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:44:20 PM
That's what I read.

Taylor Millard
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:38:41 PM
OH some information on Bilbringi.

It's a cluster of asteroids used as a shipyards mainly. There's aren't a ton of colonists who live there, almost all of them work in the shipyards and mines too.

It's not some large planet, just a large cluster of asteroids.

Silus Xilarian
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:49:53 PM
so feel free to bring our workers sandwiches and such :)

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:29:27 PM
You wish, fly-boy! :lol

Fel Tarkenton
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:36:54 PM
Hey, you guys are the ones who suggested it :)

Alexi Hesith
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:53:12 AM
I thank you!

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:09:17 AM
If you haven't found a Military commander yet, I'm your man.

I've been in the NR for 7 months now. The only Admiral really around anymore is Yog, who RPs Ackbar, and he goes away randomly.

Colonel Lion El' Jonson
Head of Outer Rim Intelligence Division
Flagship: MC-90 Shadowstalker

If you really need an Admiral, maybe I can "talk" Yog into letting me advance my rank.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:14:01 AM
Wait you're a Jedi though aren't you??

that complicates things, a lot. The Senate will probably eat you alive but if you're willing, then sure.

[is LD]

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:27:57 AM
:lol...maybe keep a Ysalimiri in my box, or something...

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:32:19 AM
Well, I'd rather we had a military person who was...only military. Someone the Senate can take seriously without being bogged down in the debate about Jedi in the military or something like that....

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:54:19 AM
True...I agreed, LD...the only problem is, anybody with any real rank to represent the NR is missing asides from me. Ackbar/Yog is off on another one of his little vacations, Xazor's character, Dreckler, isn't really too high of a rank.

The only other one I can think of is Tohmahawk/Marcus, but I think he's actually dead, so his reapperance would spark some...interest....:lol...

So, LD, if you can come up with any ideas, please tell me...Also, Lion is only a padawan, so his sensory abilities are still quite limited. He can't read the minds of others with much certainy, and even if he could, the Ysalimiri would block it.

I understand the debate, but the problem is everyone I can really think of is either gone or not very high ranking.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:01:19 AM
Well, if you want to make a new character...? I mean, the NR should have ranking generals, even NPC ones.

Doesn't someone RP Garm Bel Ibis?

I'm really floundering here, I need someone to RP a role!! Help! ANd Lion I appreciate the help, IMMENSELY :)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:24:11 AM
:lol, I could make a new character, but I dunno if Yog would authorize it. As for Garm, I haven't seen him around in a while either. I know he's RPed by someone that's usually around here, but he hasn't checked into any of the NR rolecall threads in the past 6 months...

Wait, I just thought of something...Admiral Beckit Stev of the Nebula Watch fleet...I dunno if he's around anymore, but he might be a possibility.

And, LD...no problem, chica! If you have problems finding someone else, I'll make a new character and get yelled at later...:lol

Alexi Hesith
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:06:24 PM
I'm going away for three days so Hesith will be quiet in his booth. Please avoid blowing up worlds or crushing the Empire whilst I'm away.

See Ya!

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:10:53 PM
*Whispers*

"Quick! Everybody authorize military action while he's not looking...:lol...."

Silus Xilarian
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:00:21 PM
WHY HELL NO!!!! :verymad

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:04:33 PM
Who said Tohmahawk was dead?

:evil

Darren Caerdeth
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:54:25 PM
Well, if he aint, he can shore get that way really fast....

*brandishes Fosters*

Sigil Roland
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:57:10 PM
Did someone say military action?

Can I get involved here?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:08:50 PM
there will be NO military action IN the Senate. *shoos Sigil away*

Lion, I don't see Yog around very much, but there aren't ANY NR rpers in positions of authority that I know of. In my opinion you could certainly create a new character to fill the void that is the NR. But yeah you should probably ask him.

Beckit Stev
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:14:59 PM
Hi.

James Prent
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:18:22 PM
Rank?

Oh who cares...git in there soldier! Or ..sailor? :p

Beckit Stev
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:21:47 PM
Admiral, Nebula Watch Fleet

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:26:33 PM
You'll do. IMO. Any objections?

*time passes?*

No one said anything, so I'm ok with it. I think the committee idea was good, but everyone who was interested in it seems to have disappeared in the last few days.

I'm not interested in running the Senate. I am interested in running a Senator. I started a Senate thread, and I got a lot of support, and a lot of interest, and I don't intend to drop the ball, but neither do I intend to carry this idea on my back for the rest of its existance.

So..people! Get back to posting! ;)

Sigil Roland
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:40:27 PM
Thats not what I was thinking... Sorry if you all thought I ment that though. I just thought that I could help out in some small way. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:01:09 AM
Sigil my previous post is not aimed at anyone, its just a general speech, a sort of pre-emptive strike, if you will.

You are perfectly fine. :)

Dwayne Hicks
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:24:49 AM
I say we take of an nuke the Senate from orbit. Only way to be sure to get em all :D

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:27:36 AM
jI'd expect about asss much frrrom a Jarrr-head. :rolleyes

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:34:40 AM
oooo, dissssss

^_^;

Dwayne Hicks
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:06:17 AM
Least I dont wake up with the taste of butt on my lips
from the butt kissing dipolmatic reception

I still say nuke the site from orbit :D

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:05:11 AM
Can I get a mod to either delete my post in the thread, or just post something aout Beckit taking my place?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:53:18 AM
We're looking at working around it. If we can't we'll delete it, but I think it'll be ok. Are you really an Admiral?

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:37:16 AM
Currently? Yes.

Yog authorized it on the grounds that I couldn't be just a Lieutenant when I was recruiting Newbs...:lol.

Alexi Hesith
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:42:36 PM
*stepping over rubble and debris*

I'm back. Did I miss anything?

Fel Tarkenton
Mar 1st, 2003, 02:53:17 PM
No, but apparantly I did.....

When was it decided that a taskforce was being sent to Bilbringi, and why wasnt I at least PM'd about it...

If these kinda things are being decided without my imput, then I'd at least like to know somewhat in advance so I'll know to trash all the ideas I had and come up with new ones...

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 1st, 2003, 11:40:44 PM
What? They authorized military action? Eh?

Alexi Hesith
Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:07:31 PM
It's complicated but FYI

THE NR HAS NOT AUTHORISED MILITARY ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:20:12 AM
Ok I'm not sure what happened, but this thread got jumpstarted into debate again.

I wanted people to be able to do their recess posts and then I was going to get us back into the Senate.

But now I can't.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:23:40 AM
Um I thought we were still in recess.... *merges threads because she accidentally bumped the wrong one*

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:52:55 AM
Lion I went ahead and deleted your post, as now we can't figure it out the confusion in the recess.

Here it was:
Lion was thinking to himself as he exited his booth. This issue seemed much more complicated to Lion than it really was, and many of the senators weren't helping resolve the situation. As one of the highest-ranking members of the New Republic Military, Lion served as the vital link between the senate and the awesome might of the Republic Army and Navy. Lion did agree with a few of the senators, and one of them was Chapelmount. The issue had risen to military action, and glances had been shot in Lion's direction, questioning him. Still, Lion had remained silent. If the damn senators weren't trying to score points for their reelections, this issue might be resolved by now.

Alas, that was not the case. Lion had travelled to Bilbringi before and found it to be an extremely productive, although extremely unremarkable Shipyard. His imposing form was dressed in the tasteful black of an Admiral's uniform, and although Lion's dozens of medal were missing from the heavy coat, the 5 Stars of a Republic Fleet Admiral were visible, as was the small medallion that signified him as part of the New Republic Intelligence Force. Lion continued down the painstakingly polished corridors until he encountered Senator Chapelmount convering with the Senator from Nehantish, D'raaj A'arkantheil. He stood a respectful distance away and then stepped forward, waiting for a break in their conversation.

Lion saluted, although that was technically unrequired since neither of the Senators were in the military. He held out his hand, and then smiled. Senator Chapelmount had been well known figure in the Republic Military, and Lion was frankly honored to meet the man in person.

"Greetings, Senators." Lion began. "I'm Admiral Lion El' Jonson, head of New Republic Intelligence, and the New Republic's official liason to the Senate."

As head of intelligence, Lion had a vast amount of information at his disposal, and although he wasn't permitted to even speak about some of it, he had a feeling he might be able to assist the good Senator.

"I see things have been heating up in there, sir. I might be able to help you, if you can fill me in on whatever the hell you're planning to do about Bilbringi."

(ooc: Mind if I jump in as the Military Liason? Otherwise, delete this post...)

____

I'm too tired to post IC in that thread tonight. Please don't run away with it tomorrow as well, lets let other posters get to posting.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:03:17 AM
*Waves goodbye to his post...*

:lol...I'll archive and add it to...something...in my threads...it'll find a good home. GL Lilaena! :D

Alexi Hesith
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:00:05 AM
It is all my fault! I'm sorry.

I thought that the story had stopped completely: bogged down with the conversation part. It seems to work better in the Chamber. If I had known about certain people's plans I would have kept quiet.

As for the taskforce, I'm confused too. Somehow I got the impression that a taskforce had been sent. I'm not sure how, I think I was half asleep when I did.

I got carried away and I aplogise to you all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:15:48 PM
*smites him*

Its ok, its a danger of RPing ;) Things happen that you don't expect. We'll just RP it out that's all:)

Silus Xilarian
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:23:17 PM
Just hand over Coruscant, and we'll forgive you ;)

Alexi Hesith
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:29:31 PM
*rubbing smite*

Thank you milady.

No you can't have Coruscant, Silus. You may have Chandrilla instead!

*ducks another smite*

ReaperFett
Apr 19th, 2003, 12:47:29 PM
I'm creating a Senator. Details to follow :)

Senator Vobb
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:24:56 PM
The life and times of Feert Vobb, Senator of Pantolomin

Feert Vobb was born to a wealthy family on the planet of Pentolomin, located in the Panto system. When he was old enough, he was sent to Coruscant in order to gain the best education possible. There he learnt the workings of the senate, and the skills needed in business. By putting what he had learnt to good use, he had amassed a large sum of money before he had even left schooling.

Deciding to return to Pantolomin once his studies had finished, Vobb invested his earnings in business. Setting up home in Darak Corta, one of the largest tourist resorts on a planet visited for tourism by people all around the galaxy, he set up a number of businesses, which grew rapidly. It wasn't long before you couldnt go far in Darak Corta without seeing a Vobb business.

But Feert never forgot about Politics. He ran for a position as minister of tourisim in the Pantolomin government, and succesfully held the post until the then-Senator for the NR, Senator Alakkik, passed away after a succesful reign. Vobb succesfully ran for the post, and has been the Senator for the planet ever since.

Vobb has often seen by some to be a hard to please Senator. He is a firm believer in action where action is needed, but often disagrees on military spending, not believing that spending is needed unless absolutely neccesary. He is also not fully trusting of the Jedi, due to their abilities to read things using the force. Vobb isn't a bad man, just a man whos intentions may be misplaced.

Senator Vobb
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:38:06 PM
Sooooooo, are there any Senate threads right now? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:20:13 AM
OMG OMG ITS CHEVY CHASE!

And no, not right now. Feel like starting one? We could use one that won't fall apart. :D

Senator Vobb
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:24:34 AM
THat's right, it is me, and I OWN YOU!!!!! :D

And I'll start a thread if someone gives me an idea of what to do it about ;)

James Prent
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:40:10 AM
Did you read the last one?

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:41:52 AM
Partially

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:59:08 AM
Just start a debate on something...like whether or not we want Balmorra camped on our doorstep with ISDs or something. *shrug*

Or we could talk about the weather. Or conservation and recycling on Vortex. *shrug* :)

Senator Vobb
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:03:31 AM
Conservation? Is that when I buy something, and keep it? THis term you use is alien to me! :)

I have a couple of ideas, I'll try a thread soon :D

Senator Vobb
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:03:57 PM
Sorry, I'm struggling for ideas. Just short of the blue on the Senate chairs making us look too Imperial :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 03:06:18 PM
You're useless then. ;)

j/k

Maybe someone else has an idea.

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2003, 03:29:28 PM
I've been asking round. They're all as useless as me ;)

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:50:27 AM
Well, all of the Imp factions are pretty quiet. Only one that's awake right now is the Balmorran Empire, and I spoke to Silus about that. He said they're mostly engaged in civil war stuff, so I dunno if you'll be able to spin that into some kinda debate.

Alexi Hesith
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:50:06 PM
I've started one- its called "And the next crisis is?" all those interested please check it out. Also see "Hey political nuts!" where I outline the plan for the story.

Sohei
Jul 13th, 2003, 04:42:55 PM
I know it's incredibly late to ask this, but...

Any positions left? ^_^;

I'd really be interested in this if I could somehow be involved.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:41:19 AM
Just make a character and make it believable please. :)

Senator Kensington
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:03:51 AM
This is Sohei, btw.

I'm thinking about Ison or Osarian, something close to the Imperials that isn't already taken. Any suggestions?

Senator Kensington
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:05:00 AM
I'll take Clak'dor VII, if it's okay. I'd like to hurry up and post at the "Rise to Vote" thread, so could someone confirm it for me? :)

Alexi Hesith
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:11:13 AM
Let me check a couple of things:

Do you ant a planet that is close, spacially, to the Imperials? Or do you want a planet that is close, politically, to the Imperials?

Senator Kensington
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:43:18 AM
Oh, god no. Spacially! Kensington is a moderate hawk who hates the Imperial factions. I'll do a bio asap.

Fel Tarkenton
Jul 16th, 2003, 12:40:35 PM
How can anyone hate us? :)

:wave

Mornin' Neighbors :)

Senator Kensington
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:59:48 PM
Good morrow :wave

You're the liason for the Balmorran Empire, right?

Senator Thareena
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:36:19 PM
That he is, and weasely to boot. :mad

Fel Tarkenton
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:50:31 AM
Weasely?

Just how far can you throw a stone from a glass house, Senator? :)

Taylor Millard
Jul 17th, 2003, 09:58:15 AM
:lol

Yup that's our liason.

Senator Thareena
Jul 17th, 2003, 12:19:20 PM
Well....my sig is better than yours...mebbe.. :uhoh

Senator Kensington
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:49:47 PM
btw, do we ever actually do anything in "Home One" and that whole forum? I've been there a couple times and it's vacant.

Senator Thareena
Jul 18th, 2003, 12:28:11 PM
Its basically Archives, AFAIK, although I bet if there was a considerable amount of interest senate quarters could be set up.

Senator Kensington
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:48:07 PM
No, perhaps we should keep the Senate rps in the regular forums. That way other people know that the NR is actually doing stuff. Because they're too lazy to look at Home One in the first place :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:34:54 AM
Excellent point. :)

Alexi Hesith
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:49:46 AM
I agree!

Senator Thareena
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:29:35 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=562237 Just to remind the SENATORS to post here. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:12:54 PM
*takes out a long hat pin and jabs the nearest Senator in the bottom* Post! Quickly!