PDA

View Full Version : Active Member Role Call

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:42:47 AM
I dont want to sound like that one in OOC forum, but it kind of got me pushing to do it. So I'm calling people out so I know who around here is active..

Jamel Croko'yn: Expiretise: Combat, Telekentics, Diplomatics
Master: Xazor Elessar (OOC as of now, IC later)

Kelt Simoson
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:22:11 AM
Just read what we all did in the OOC forume, theres little use for us to all type it out again...

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:46:39 PM
What Kelt said. Redundancy bad. 1 thread good.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:44:28 PM
Though providing a link here to there would be a good idea. So Jedi people who don't check the OOC board can see the list and contribute to it. Care to do the honors Jamel?

GraNi NaColu
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:11:07 PM
That would be good, because I dont check the OOC Forum that much. I think that I might have been to it maybe 3-4 times since I have been here. I never understood what it was for, but now I guess I do.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:24:03 PM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
Though providing a link here to there would be a good idea. So Jedi people who don't check the OOC board can see the list and contribute to it. Care to do the honors Jamel?

Well here it is:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27330

Originally posted by GraNi NaColu
That would be good, because I dont check the OOC Forum that much. I think that I might have been to it maybe 3-4 times since I have been here. I never understood what it was for, but now I guess I do.

For people to spam pretty much.

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:16:33 PM
The OOC Forum is much more useful that you give it credit for. There is often useful information posted there that can help in RP matters, not to mention getting to better know your fellow RPers.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:38:17 PM
Yah that is right, but it is normally filled with OOC comments that are spam, flame, or doesn't truly relate to the RP world we have. It's like one RP post on the first page on normal basis, I'm not degrading it for it's spamming ways, just that it's filled with alot of it.

OR just random topics that dont deal with the RP, which is one of the reasons I very rarely go into the forum, only if I have a topic or seen a good thread.

I'm not saying at times I dont spam, which has happened around 10 times since I've arrived here, but it's not something that I want to do. I dont degrad it because that'd be hypocritical and wrong, but I dont like seeing it a lot.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:23:30 PM
you clearly dont read ooc fully then. nor understand it's purpose.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:01:33 PM
Well in some ways your right.

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:02:02 PM
Originally posted by Jamel Croko'yn
Yah that is right, but it is normally filled with OOC comments that are spam, flame, or doesn't truly relate to the RP world we have. It's like one RP post on the first page on normal basis, I'm not degrading it for it's spamming ways, just that it's filled with alot of it.

OR just random topics that dont deal with the RP, which is one of the reasons I very rarely go into the forum, only if I have a topic or seen a good thread.

I'm not saying at times I dont spam, which has happened around 10 times since I've arrived here, but it's not something that I want to do. I dont degrad it because that'd be hypocritical and wrong, but I dont like seeing it a lot.

Perhaps I should rephrase....

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
... not to mention getting to better know your fellow RPers.

* HINT HINT *

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:14:16 PM
I know that.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:52:15 AM
Staying in this little world can be bad for you. The Sith aren't really our enemies in the real world. So it's good to get to know them, as they're usually really good people. They don't frequent our OOC forum much, and some Jedi don't frequent it either. The OOC forum is so everyone can get to know each other, without bias of groups. Also, there's often questions and matters discussed that involve RPing.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:46:37 AM
Jamel alot of us oldy goldies who have been here for more than 2 years know the routine, just play by the advice the others have given you, get to know the others in OOC then you should understand is perpose.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:05:19 AM
And even though Kelt still can't spell we love him.

What he said is absolutley true.

Oriadin
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:03:53 AM
Joins the 'Cant spell' group :D

Kelt Simoson
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:28:52 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
And even though Kelt still can't spell we love him.

What he said is absolutley true.

*Picks up a stick and knocks Morgan out*

After you wake up im sure you will be the same as me...:):p

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:47:02 PM
You should've used a brick... :)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:16:02 PM
::hands Kelt a brick, nudges him on the shoulder::

Long life the not spelllin's so good groupe!

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:28:03 PM
That's because Kelt is special :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:47:07 PM
* is fully paid up member of the sw-fans not so 1337 spellerz club *

Destiny Stormrider
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:36:42 PM
POST! Heh, this was an all guys thread, so I *HAD* to post! :)

And Jamel, the OOC forum has those cool tags, just read the RP ones and you're spam free O_o.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:42:13 AM
Spam free?

"Spam free is the way to be!"

Well, to be honest, I see the OOC forum as a place for conversation, or as Fig put it, to bettter get to know my fellow RPers. Conversations, no matter what the topic, help me get to know my fellow Rpers and can't really be spam because even though the topic of conversation is not exactly the best topic for RPing, I'm still learning about them and getting to understand them.

It's hard to RP with someone when you don't know much about them, OOC. Because like it or not, most people use OOC experiences for ideas in their IC lives. Am I making sense? Just want to make sure someone understands where I'm coming from.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:26:45 AM
SPAM, as my friend so eloquently put it, is:

Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages....

Which disqualifies the ooc forum from being spammy, since the stuff in there is useful...to someone, I guess...:lol...