PDA

View Full Version : (NRSF) Fey'Dann: The Forgotten War - Preparation

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:12:59 AM
Alright...this is the post of posts...

;)

...but basically, we're getting ready to get to the real thing. Enough sitting around and twiddling your thumbs, worrying about what's going to happen. Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll post up the thread that sends the NRSF to the hell of war that is Fey'Dann. So, if you've been kinda out of the loop...now is the best time to get back in it. Because once the bullets start flying, if you stop to ask a question, you're already dead.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:13:14 AM
Would the war include New Republic Military Officers?

William Neir
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:27:38 AM
No. Its a limited operation. Neither side will be willing to fully commit its military to the fight, and acknowledge that an actual war is taking place. Its a bit like Vietnam in that sense.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:35:40 AM
Oh okay, thanks for helping me out.

::Scurries off to hide::

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:42:27 AM
(BUMP)

Alright....its the real thing now! I'll post the thread up either tomorrow or Saturday. However, I need all those who are involved to check in and make sure they're up to speed.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:45:06 AM
Dang. Send me a memo next time. :lol Avolon needs to see some action. :)

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:53:43 AM
Avolon needs to see some action.

Well, Sophia's available... oh wait... that's not the type of action you meant, huh? ;) :p :lol

Just point me in the direction of the thread, Charley. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:01:32 AM
Appreciated, but this is for characters in the 127th NRSF Krayt Company.

Read here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25596>here</a>,), and this (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26326>here</a>,), this (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25322>this</a>,), and for more background info, <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25292>this</a>.

If you'd like to take on a character anyway, let me know. I should be able to pencil you in.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:04:09 AM
Yeah, so I can't join. I even posted in the NRSF forum and they never replied. Was OOC asking what I could do. Like if I needed to go into training or get assigned to a squad.

I actually was going to PM you before to join in. Then I relized that this was for that one company, that Avolon isn't in. Too bad. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:06:29 AM
Avolon doesn't seem like much of the grunt type though. I could have you come in later on as a replacement, if you'd like?

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:11:39 AM
Grunt? Depends on your definition of grunt. He's a foot soldier by trade. Blast and smash rifle specialty. Meaning it's a rifle with a grenade launcher on it. He's your typical "give me a job and I'll kill everyone for you" kind of guy. :)

If he's the guy for the job, just send me a PM if you see an opening or whatever. Still not sure your meaning by grunt.

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:19:48 AM
I'll be pretty plain with you on this.

This is not going to be a normal RP. This is something that I want as far removed from cliche' and self-glorification as possible. With the exception of strange people, faraway lands, and futuristic inventions, this is going to be the real deal. Meaning that when I say "grunt", you're likely one of two types.

1. You're a wide-eyed kid, trying to find a way to survive and at the same time, becoming a silent witness to the murder of your own innocence.

2. You've been here before, and you'll never ever talk about it, because there are so few that would ever understand.

This is war. Not cowboys and indians, and its what I'm trying to leave as the *one* decent RP that I ever do here, where emotions are so thick in the words that you have to stop reading in parts. There are a million and a half nuances to explore, and each of them are just as important. It will be a very long...extremely long RP. Nothing will be sacred, and you might RP with somebody for months just to see them get blown apart in an artillery barrage. That is the kind of raw, emotional shock that I want. The long stretches of mind-numbing boredom, the few and far between twinklings of humanity and the companionship of brothers in arms, and the absolute hell of a few seconds, that will be with you for years to come, when you try to sleep at night.

So, if you're up to the plate for something like that...lemme know.

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:27:37 AM
Would be willing to rp a wide-eyed casualty. I think it would be an awesome challenge to rp something like that. Just pm me if I could join up. If not I understand too :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:29:24 AM
Any who are willing may do so. I may not be able to get you in at first, but definitely as a replacement later on :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:53:51 AM
Heck I'd be all for creating a new character. Problem is I already have five I'm trying to RP as. So I guess I'm not the guy for the job. I'd just end up forgetting about the thread or replying two weeks late. Wouldn't really give the thread the attention it desearves.

Yeah Avolon isn't that kind of guy. I get what your going for now. The hell of war. Avolon is kind of your typical Han Solo. Except he's killed hundreds of men and kind of looks callously at it. His feelings for it are numbed and he actually can't do without battle. More of your old soldier who misses being the hero and who's life is over unless he can be on the battlefield one last time. Defiantly not afraid of dying. He's more of the glory of war. He likes being the leader and being better than other people. Kind of the only thing he's truely good at, fighting.

Great RP though. I'd join in with another character or maybe even Avolon if you'd let me, but it'd only be so I could be a part of it. So I could be in it. Since I read a few threads of it and it's wonderfully written. Wrong reason to enter a RP though. I'd just wreck it. I'll stay the bystander, reading the thread and enjoying it greatly. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 03:17:35 PM
<a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27901>The war continues...</a>

Sanis Prent
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:01:52 PM
Those who wish to participate in this RP as replacement troops (aka, coming into the story at a later date) please reply with your AIM name here, for reference.