PDA

View Full Version : Padawan Training [Dasquian]

GraNi NaColu
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:27:39 PM
GraNi new that it was time for him to make his way to the academy after making some friends. He walked into a room, but there was little material to train with. He looked down at the letter that he had received from Dasquian.

"This is where it says that he'd be, but I don't see him anywhere."

He new that it might be some time before Dasquian would show, so he started with a few stretches to warm him up.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:14:08 PM
The small room was flooded with extra light as the double doors on the southern wall were pulled open. The sun shone in from outside, as it was revealed that the little training chamber opened out onto a small garden, which was neatly kept and housed a small array of flowers and greenery.

“Good morning, GraNi,” Dasquian said as he stepped into view. Off across the garden, beneath a large tree, were piled a large items that were presumably to be used in the training of the Padawan.

“I’m glad to see you’ve gotten here so early… we can get started right away.”

The Knight began to pace off towards the shade provided by the large oak, smiling to himself.

“I thought we should begin as most of the archives instruct new students to… by simply trying to feel the Force. It seems like a simple exercise, but as a Jedi it is the most important thing of all to you.”

GraNi NaColu
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:30:57 PM
Through the double doors, he could see the Jedi Knight, Dasquian Belargic walking toward the big oak tree.

GraNi finished his stretches and headed out toward the greenery.

He noticed Dasquian sitting under the tree.

As GraNi was walking down the steps that lead toward the greenery, he said,

"Master Dasquian, how do I feel the Force? Is it natural, what do I need to do? I have never really tried to do this before, so I need a little guidance."

GraNi stood under the tree, eyes closed, and tried to feel something, anything. He stood there motionless waiting for a response from Dasquian.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:43:08 PM
“In essence, the Force is in anything. To feel it, all you need to do is calm your mind of any concerns or thoughts you may have, and simply let yourself be at peace with what is around you. Only when you truly have cleared burdens from your head can you feel the Force ebbing out towards you.”

GraNi NaColu
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:31:29 PM
GraNi realized the task that he had to perform. He closed his eyes, and started to calm himself, breathing in and out. He cleared his mind of all thoughts, exposing a vast new feeling inside of him. His body became full of peace, and at that moment, he felt the Force.

"I sense it Master Dasquian. It feels soothing."

A smile came over GraNi's face.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:44:04 AM
“Where do you feel it?” Dasquian questioned.

“You must be able to pick out its sources around you… this is one of the most important things a Jedi can do, feel the presence of someone through the Force. With this ability in your inventory you can be sure of the location of wounded civilians or even Jedi.”

GraNi NaColu
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:01:04 PM
GraNi responded

"I feel it in all of my surroundings. I feel it in the tree next that I stand next to. I sense the garden and the fountain behind me. I feel the Force in you Master Dasquian. It speaks to me, and I have chosen to listen, for I feel the Force within myself."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:03:28 PM
“It is an integral part not only of healing and other abilities of the Jedi, but of combat. If you are forced into a fight, it can retrieve a lost weapon or knock an attack away to save you from harm. You must learn to integrate the Force into your combat abilities…”

Dasquian drew his hand into a fist, “By willing the Force to aid you, you can add extra strength to a punch, or speed to a dodge.”

GraNi NaColu
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:25:28 PM
GraNi understood what was to happen, but still felt confused as to how to accomplish this task.

"Dare you show me an example Master Dasquian?"

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:24:38 PM
He glanced around and, spotting a piece of dead wood, approached it slowly. Normally the thick log would have held out against even the strongest attacks, however as Dasquian channelled the Force into his punch he shattered the piece in two.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:56:49 PM
GraNi looked at the rubble caused by Dasquian's punch. He looked at Dasquian with amazement. His eyes wide open and jaw dropped, GraNi replied,

"That was amazing. I'm gonna try something, Dasquian."

GraNi went towards the tree, and he found a rock, just big enough to fit in his hand. He grabbed the rock, and palmed it. He focused on the rock, and the Force. A sense of tranquility came over him, and he smashed the rock into pieces. He looked down at his hand, and only seen pebbles. He then looked up at Dasquian, and replied calmly.

"I did it."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:51:12 AM
“Excellent, now… do you have a lightsaber GraNi?”

GraNi NaColu
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:16:39 AM
GraNi looked down at his waste, and found his lightsaber resting on his side.

"Yes Master Dasquian, the saber that I found in my quarters, I still have."

GraNi NaColu
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:03:18 PM
GraNi pulled out his saber and showed the piece to Dasquian. The chrome on the lightsaber was luminating from the sunlight.

"You now teach me how to spar. I must say Dasquian, you are one fine teacher, and I will never forget what you are doing for me."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:36:59 AM
Dasquian looked at the saber and nodded, recalling how he had allowed GraNi to keep the blade.

“Alright, now to begin with you simply want to get a feel for the weapon. Let’s do some nice slow blocks.”

With his saber activated, the Knight rose the blades and gestured it slowly out in a vertical strike at the Padawan.

GraNi NaColu
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:35:05 PM
GraNi responded to Dasquian the same way. He activated his saber, and slowly swiped it toward the Jedi Knight. His feet firmly planted on the ground. He kept his body in equal proportion, as he began to block the swings from Dasquian.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:12:58 AM
Slowly but surely Dasquian began to increase the speed of the alternating swings, though kept it in the same pattern. After a while he made the pattern more erratic and began swinging downwards as well as to the side.

GraNi NaColu
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:39:40 AM
GraNi noticed the increase in speed, but it didn't deter him from blocking the swings. He followed the pattern, and watched Dasquian's body, and tried to determine the next moves from the Jedi. He concentrated, and slowly the Force lead him to block the shots.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:43:50 AM
Out of pattern Dasquian brought both hands onto the sabers hilt and cleaved it forwards in a horizontal scything action that would slice GraNi in two, if not avoided.

GraNi NaColu
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:41:21 PM
GraNi could sense a change in the pattern, and he began to open his senses. GraNi seen Dasquian quickly slice his saber toward him. He quickly spun away from the attack, and slammed his saber toward the ground, pinning Dasquian's saber on the ground.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:59:09 AM
In response Dasquian threw a Force push at GraNi, knocking him off guard as the Knight swung his saber up in a close-range attack.

GraNi NaColu
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:45:39 PM
GraNi picked up his saber that was laying next to him, and quickly got up and dusted himself off from the blow.

With a smile GraNi replied,
"That was nice Dasquian. Dare you teach me how to do that?"