PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 1.5

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:21:42 PM
Now this sucks, they rereleased it with all kinds of new features including a sneak peak at X2. I broke down and bought but wasn't happy at doing it. At least I got a free ticket for X2 which is the only good thing about it.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:40:01 PM
Films do it all the time :)

Worse though, heard the subtitle for the sequel may be "X-Men United"? What is this, a Mutant Sports team? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:26:33 PM
I watched it tonight, there isn't any difference in the movie, no new deleted scenes, but the extras are 100% better than the first version. First their is a directors commentary, haven't got to that yet, then there is a extended version with the deleted scenes and sometimes a X will come up and you can press a button and learn more about that scene. On Disc 2 their is X2 preview that is very good, there are some interviews and the teaser (which is extended a little bit) also they reveal that Davidson will be back as Kelly though I am pretty sure its Mystique pretending to be Kelly I haven't got to the rest of the extras yet, but so far this is a much better version.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:39:31 PM
I read the specs on this one, and unless I get it as a gift, I'll be avoiding it. Not enough meat on the bones for me.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:41:47 PM
I'm game for it...simply because I didn't have it on DVD to begin with :D

Sigil Roland
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:49:38 PM
Same thing here. I haven't gotten the DVD yet, but this 1.5 should be that. And besides who can pass up a free ticket!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:05:57 AM
That is the best thing about it, I got the first one as a gift so I didn't mind spending a little money on this one.

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:54:23 AM
Coincidently, I am going to shop for some movies today. Mostly, what many would consider "bad" b-movie flicks but ones that have left an undelible mark on my psyche. *lol*

Like Yu Wang's Master of the Flying Guillotine (Love this Movie) and Eugenio Martin's Horror Express (classic horror starring Savalas, Lee, and Cushing).

But, alas, Bob Clark III's (of Porky's and A Christmas Story fame) movie Deathdream... aka Whispers... aka Dead of Night... aka The Night Andy Came Home is not available for DVD. Damn good horror movie with a great social commentary about family values.

Sorry didn't mean to semi-hijack the thread but I may consider buying this DVD for the ticket alone.

sirdizzy
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:23:43 AM
not going to buy it didn't seem so much better then the first release and that already had deleted scenes

Sene Unty
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:35:15 AM
I wanna get only because I didn't get it on DVD before so this will be my version. :D

ReaperFett
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:12:49 AM
I'll be buying it because the UK cover is great :D

And also because my original is damaged.

Jedieb
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:13:06 AM
How good are the deleted scenes? Are any of them action sequences? At $15 and a free ticket it's a sweet deal. I may just pick it up.

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:13:23 AM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
I wanna get only because I didn't get it on DVD before so this will be my version. :D

Same here, I was not convinced enough to buy the film originally but these added features may make all the difference in the world.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:15:48 PM
Well there is no action in the scenes, they really just add some character development to Storm, Jean Gray, Cyclops, and Rogue. This is defintely the better DVD if you don't have it I say defintely get it. If you have well I guess you could argue you get a free movie ticket out of it.

ReaperFett
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:23:22 PM
You mean they actually DEVELOP the characters that arent Wolverine or Rogue? ;)

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:44:30 PM
My problem with investing in movies is I am always hopelessly weighing their re-viewable value. X-Men was a fun movie in the theatres but I am not sure if it is one I want to include in my DVD library. Very leery with all movies in that regard.

BTW, I ended-up coming home with the Sergio Leone "Man with No Name" trilogy.

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:08:27 PM
Considering that it's the 2nd best Superhero movie to date...not sure why you'd keep it out of your collection.

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:36:06 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Considering that it's the 2nd best Superhero movie to date...not sure why you'd keep it out of your collection.

Well, I picked it up in the store and laid it back down three times. The movie is topnotch in it's respective genre but X-Men is not one of those movies I can sit down and throroughly enjoy for numerous sittings like say FOTR, SW's OT, and other films that have join my all-time favorites. Some movies you can only enjoy once maybe twice at best. Then you just don't want to really pick them up ever again. This can include some of the greatest movies ever produced. Yet, ironically, a b-movie can come along and can be enjoyed several times over. More common is vice versa, substance and quality is values I do indeed esteem. I had that sinking feeling that told me not to purchase the X-men. At least not yet.