PDA

View Full Version : NFL: And the 49ers new head coach is...

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:10:30 PM
... Dennis Erickson

Yes, that Dennis Erickson... former Miami Hurricane head coach, Seatle Seahawks head coach, has been at Oregon State for the past several years.

Interesting move by the 49ers... they interview 3 NFL assistants, all of them defensive coordinators, then go with an offensive-minded coach...

I'm not sure about this one. Erickson is a decent coach, but his teams in Seattle were mediocre at best. There were a couple of years that, on paper, he had pretty good teams and wasn't able to get them to the playoffs.

*shrugs*

San Fran has the players... I just doubt that Erickson is going to do a better job than Mariucci could have.

Sene Unty
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:33:59 PM
Wow. That's a shocker. I was watching ESPN this morning and he wasn't mentioned at all.....interesting.....

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:50:59 PM
Erickson?! Did his stellar Seatle record win them over?

Sene Unty
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:58:25 PM
Maybe its the way he "controlled" all of the thugs that Miami was so well known for when he was their coach :D

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:12:58 PM
Hey, you try and control those maniacs! He and TO should get along nicely. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2003, 03:51:40 PM
LOL, Jedieb. I am not sure if he is the best choice, I never really thought he was a good pro coach.

JonathanLB
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:26:11 PM
Everyone is talking about this here today because, duh, I go to Oregon State, now my favorite football team and franchise in general drafts the coach of my college football team, haha, whoa that is freaky.

Mariucci is way better and was irreplacable. Niners are foolish... they better not pay for this.

Sene Unty
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:46:43 AM
Erickson wasn't even a very good College coach. He simply inherited the great job that Johnson did. I mean Jesus with the team that they had anyone could have gotten two championships. :D

What I never liked about him was the way he left the Canes in shambles. He let them do what they wanted and then ran before the NCAA could start their punishments.