PDA

View Full Version : A Night Alone? (closed)

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:10:21 PM
Lilya sat at a table back in the corner, out of the way of the other Jedi who were all laughing and talking together. She sighed softly, drumming her fingers on the table. She still hadn't really met anyone here, with the exception of a few, but she saw them rarely. She spent most of her time alone, in her room, tending to her plants. She sank back into her seat, and waited for a droid to pass by so she could order.

Kanon Krowe
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:45:13 AM
The smell of the tavern was intoxicating from dozens of meters away. Should he venture forth, into this old frequent of his? Perhaps the charming, delectable, mezmorizing Selena Kyle would be waitressing. His olfactory could smell her sweet perfume now.

Creaking open the doors he peeked inside. Overwelming, the memories. How grand it once was when he declared his plans to kill all the Jedi and kill all the Sith Empire, all over a dinner with the lovely Selena Kyle. He'd forgotten those dreams for the longest time. It was a hobby to him, nothing more. They amused him, how they played about with their wands and shrieked about the Force. Something Kanon didn't believe in, the Force. Parlor tricks, nothing more. He was the only one with power. He was the only one that was a god.

Finally, he took it apon himself to push the doors completely, opening the grandeur to his eyes now, not just his nose. Marvelous yet quaint. An oxymoron, he was sure. Yet it was true!

"Barke--" He bagun to call out from the door, before being interrupted by a sharp hand to the gut.

"Wait a minute, tux, we have a no weapons rule here."

He was wearing a tuxedo, that much was correct. Though he did take offence to it being refered to as a "tux". Such a garment demands respect. Abbreviation is not respect. He passed it off as ignorance and addressed the matter.

"I have no weapons on my person. Let me pass at once."

The guard nodded as he sheparded Kanon over to the side.

"Walk through here."

It was a detector of some sorts, juxtaposed to the entrance

"What insolence.." he murmered, shaking his head while walking through the erect device.

It didn't make a sound. Kanon adjusted his coat, as if it was ruffled by the action which was imposed apon him.

"Have a nice day," the doorman said to Kanon's back.

Holding back the impulse to slap the man with one of his two white gloves, he decided it was best to leave them on. Not responding to the man's order to have a pleasant day, he walked forward to the bar. Didn't he know it was night? What was the galaxy coming to when a grown adult couldn't tell time?

"Barkeep, I shall have a glass of wine. Place the rest of the bottle, from a good year I must ask, in a chilled ice bucket. Place an empty glass on this counter as well and provide a serviceman to carry my bucket."

The bartender, who insultingly rolled his eyes, fetched a random bottle from under the bar. He deftly grabbed two wine glasses, slightly smudged to Kanon's dismay, and placed them on the counter.

"Well?"

The bartender, grunting now instead of eye rolling, uncorked the bottle and poured the red liquid into the one glass.

"I am pleased. Contact your employer and tell him I request a raise be given to you immediantly."

Nodding in disbelief and giving a falty salute, the bartender chuckled.

Now where was the serviceman he requested? Why must he always do things himself? He thought on it and decided that he couldn't bother to carry all this himself. At the risk of staining his garb and the fact he'd be seen as a lowly commoner, doing his own work, he whistled for a 'droid. Slowly, the 'droid rolled over. Placing the bucket on it's dome and carrying the two glasses himself, he walked aimlessly away from the bar.

"Follow, robot."

Finally, his eyes set apon a rare beauty. He couldn't hold onto his breath and through a losing battle, it was taken away. Her golden shimmering strands, her glowing face, the ambience she possesed. Making his way towards this marvelous work of art he smiled charmingly.

"Dearest, may I accompany you this fine evening? I have all this wine and I surely can't consume it myself."

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:53:54 AM
Lilya raised a brow, looking more than a little bored with her current situtation.
"Hmm?" She murmured, looking up at him. He was holding two glasses, one full of red liquid, the other empty. A droid followed him closely, a bucket balanced on it's dome. She couldn't help but laugh at this sight. She smiled, still laughing and gestured for him to sit.
"Tis a free planet, you're welcome to join me if you like."