PDA

View Full Version : A Terrible Day

CMJ
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:37:33 PM
He was my role model. ;) I laughed SOOO hard when I saw this.

'Dell Dude' Arrested on Drug Charge

NEW YORK - Dude, yer gettin' busted!

AP Photo

The actor who gained fame and a cult following as the slacker "Steven" in commercials for Dell computers was arrested buying (news - external web site) a small bag of marijuana, police said.

Benjamin Curtis, a 22-year-old New York University drama student, was arraigned Monday on a misdemeanor drug possession charge. The charge assumes a suspect is not carrying more than a "use amount" — enough to roll several marijuana cigarettes.

Police said he was arrested Sunday night on the Lower East Side after officers on a drug detail spotted him buying a small bag of marijuana from Omar Mendez, 19. Mendez faces drug sale and possession charges.

Curtis' portrayal of a surfer type who proclaims, "Dude, yer gettin' a Dell!" drove up computer sales and spawned T-shirts, caps, and backpacks, along with Web sites and online fan clubs.

At the arraignment, Criminal Court Judge Ellen Coin advised Curtis that his case will be dismissed, and his record expunged, if he avoids arrest during the next year.

Asked if he understood, Curtis said, "Yes, ma'am."

Outside court, Curtis' lawyer, James Moschella, said: "We are confident that at the appropriate time, the charges will be dismissed."

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:41:35 PM
dude your getting busted!

Zeke
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:48:15 PM
Dude, I hate that guy! I spent a semester of economics classes, stuck sitting between two girls that WORSHIP HIM! :mad I'm so sick of the guy I could implode.

Sanis Prent
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:54:06 PM
:lol

Admiral Lebron
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:06:13 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry :cry

I worshipped him! My fragile little mind was brainwashed by his commericals on TV and I loved it!!!

Yeah...right... :p

CMJ
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:22:40 PM
DUUDE, I miss my Dell, you gotta bust me out.

:cool

Figrin D'an
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:50:14 PM
Dude, I think I'm gonna be out of a job...

CMJ
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:52:13 PM
Judge to Benjamin Curtis: "Dude, yer gettin' a cell!"

JonathanLB
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:09:46 PM
Dude, you gotta be naive if you didn't think he was high during all of his commercials! Does this surprise anyone? LOL, no.

I laughed so hard when I read this. He looked like a total stoner.

Hey speaking of computers, I got a brand new laptop today! I haven't had a new laptop in about 3 years and 2 months, hehe. My last one badly broke and I was using a Gateway (that was really, really low end and somewhat heavy for being so crappy) for a while, but I finally got a new computer because I need it in Mexico for spring break.

It's an HP Pavillion 4200e or something, I don't know the exact model number. It was not too expensive; I was just looking for something reasonable. It is a $1,450 machine with a 40 gig hard drive, 1.8 ghz Celeron processor, 512 megs of RAM, 15" screen, DVD/CD-RW drive, and that's about that. I also got one of those really cool memory cards, 128 megs, that plugs into the USB port. It's much easier to use than these idiotic discs I've been carrying back and forth from college to transport reviews. Now I can keep my entire site and all of the reviews backed up on the memory stick and attach it (as I already have) to my key chain! :) Yay. lol.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:27:55 PM
LOL, that is some funny stuff, I bet half that will be on Leno and Letterman the next few days.

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:52:08 AM
:lol What a stupid jack*** thing to do!

Sanis Prent
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:37:58 AM
Yeah, he always looks baked anyways. No suprise.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:41:18 AM
yeah, but he was playing a teenage, have you seen most teenagers these days? :lol Half of them look stoned out of their trees!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:30:25 AM
I always thought Steven was so cute! I liked his commercials more than the ones they have now. Except for the girl they use, its all lame :x

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:38:58 AM
"Dude, you're gettin' a cell!"
"Dude, you're gettin' a cellmate!"
"Dude, you're gettin' a parole officer!"
"Dude, you're gettin' your anus violated!"
"Dude, you're gettin' a record!"
"Dude, you're getting a free subscription to High Times!"
"Dude, YOU'RE LOSING YOUR JOB AS A SPOKESMAN!"

The possibilities are endless.... :evil

CMJ
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:41:47 AM