PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Darkness Rising (OOC:Looking for anybody!)

Ornen
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:05:37 PM
This is, essentially, a topic I started at another message board before it stopped working with my computer. I would like to do something similar here, so....

Let's skip to the point. This is set directly after the events of Episode 1. This topic is focused around the events between 1 and 2, and if this topic is around long enough we'll delve in to Ep. 2, and maybe even the Clone Wars. Back to the point. I titled this 'Darkness Rising' because this is the time when, to put it one way, darkness is rising. Anakin begins to grow hateful, the Seperatist movement begins taking shape, Palpatine grows greedy and evil, just to name a few dark risings set during this time.

Players can choose to be anyone that they feel like, with a few limits (see the rules, below). You can be civilian, you can be New Republic, Sepetarist, anyone, but I recommend taking the side of good or evil.

Rules:
1.Any race is playable, with the exception of races that are either extinct/highly rare (think Yoda) or non-sentient (think dogs/cats/rancors/etc.).
2.Jedi will be limited, only one out of every ten new people that come in will be able to be Jedi (with the exception of whoever feels like joining in as a Padawan to someone).
3.No being cheap ('You're dead because I shot you, even if you were on Naboo and I was on Yavin 4!')
4.All general rules of the RP board apply
5.Have fun!

Also, to progress time, every page in the topic will equal one month Star Wars time. Events will not work on superspeed (No one post battles, or page-long quests). Right now, it is one month after Ep. 1. We're assuming that Ep. 1 was in May, as that's when it was released, so it is now June. (22 years Before Battle of Yavin, I think)

TheHolo.Net
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:13:41 PM
OOC Posts do not go in the RP forum. If this does contain both IC and OOC content, please seperate it more clearly in the post.

Ornen
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:50:20 PM
Sorry 'bout that. Can you please move it back to the Roleplaying forum?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:52:10 PM
How about you put the OOC portion here in this thread, and start a new topic, with a small OOC portion at the beginning that links to this informative OOC post? Thus keeping our IC forum clear of extensive OOC content, and providing a good place for OOC questions and/or rule debate.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:32:12 PM
Seeing your rules and your post now separate and more easily legible, I highly recommend that you have a look at our <a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=52>RP FAQ</a>. this site is five years old and has a well established set of rules of its own, which most people here are not to apt to change easily, even in the case of a single thread. You are welcome to discuss things with any who wish to become involved here in this topic of course. Arming yourself with a little knowledge of how things operate around here will be very helpful for you though.

We aren't so strict here as to not allow you to try and do your own thing to some extent, but this site does have a long and well respected history that many hold dear.

Welcome to SWFans and I do hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Ornen
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:44:10 PM
This is a pretty good place.... But for now, I'd like to simply do my little thing.... I might get involved with the rest of the place later... Also, should I post character bios here?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:45:02 PM
Yes. OOC posts do not belong in the RP forum, even character bios, seeing they are OOC information.

Ornen
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:55:00 AM
Also, how does these boards work according to era? This is a pretty detailed thing, but what SW era(s) are these boards about, and if there are multiple eras, how does it all go together?

Taylor Millard
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:34:56 AM
There is no real set era (as some people have done pre-Episode IV threads) but most threads are post ROTJ.

How far has always been a debated topic, but not hotly debated. Some people think atleast 30 years, others longer or shorter.

Ornen
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:02:52 PM
But how does it all go together? Let's say you have post-trilogy character. And somebody else has a prequel character. Would you be able to roleplay with each other in a topic that takes place during Ep. 4?

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:12:43 PM
If there is a situation that is not reconcilable by the FAQ, it then falls to the two RPers to discuss how to go about doing it.

Alpha
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:15:28 PM
FOr instance, you could have your charatcer younger or older in that kind of circumstance, depending on where one or the other is from. Or you could make whole new chars that are related to your main ones. :)

Sean Piett
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:38:28 PM
There are very few, if any prequel characters that are consistently played.

Ornen
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:50:54 PM
Alright, so what would the best way to get into the system be?

Sanis Prent
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:57:06 PM
What do you mean, exactly?

Dae Jinn
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:06:00 AM
Has the time-line ever really mattered? o_O I mean, it's not like we rp as Anakin, or Han Solo, or characters exactly from the movie. That's not overly creative IMO. There aren't many active prequel or ot characters here, really...If there are, I haven't seen 'em.
I wouldn't be interested in this -- seems way too complicated for one rp. :/

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:28:23 AM
Threepio, JK Leia Solo, Darth Vader, Jedi Master Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, just to name a few, Dae :mneh

Dae Jinn
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:33:25 AM
By active, I mean, ones who currently are in rps, there are those characters, but they haven't been in many rps as of late :mneh Charles.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:46:38 PM
Threepio: Pretty much OOC entity.
JK Leia Solo: Isn't around
Darth Vader: not the same one
Jedi Master Skywalker: (snerks)
Wedge Antilles: doesn't rp much.

Dae is pretty much right.

imported_Arriana Rezner
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:51:28 PM
Do Aaron and Dasquian count as prequel?

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:27:08 PM
Threepio: Read Carry the World, plz
JK Leia Solo: Don't be so sure.
Darth Vader: True, but nobody truly knows that.
Jedi Master Skywalker: snerks also
Wedge Antilles: No he doesn't.

And since Aaron and Dasquian are now interacting in our time period, I'd say no.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:06:54 PM
JK Leia Solo: Don't be so sure.
Yeah. Believe it when I see it.

If it really is the case... SISTA AN I GONNA HAVE SUM WORDS!

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:20:30 PM
Suffice to say I'm on a few inside loops, regarding that ;)

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:34:10 PM
(points to [NSP])

Wedge Antilles
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:44:46 PM
YEs I know I don't RP much. I'll try t'get active I swear!

Just...caught up with another character right now, sorry.

But if youse guys need me I can help.

Honest! :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:46:50 PM
dexter jettster is ic now and then.