PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Light (Council/Open)

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:57:48 AM
Jamel headed down the tiled path to the Council chambers, his hand placed behind his back to physically assert a sense of formal characteristics. Standing before the door of the Council Member, two soldiers armed for combat guarded staring upon him. The child flicked his wrist, telekentically absorbing his datapad which with a simple notion of his brain, a button was pushed revealing the isingma of the Great Jedi Order.

The two guards seperated themselves from their gurading post before the door to allow his entrance. Heading in with the door automatically sliding open from his heating presence, he was before them. The council members spreaded out in their comfortable leather chair, circling the room. The young Jedi, not yet a Padawan on recored basis, but he found something he wanted to do would require Council members nod.

The cloak youth began to speak, his voice soft but essentially formatted with strong words.

"I have come before the highest superior, you all: The Council of the Great Jedi Order, to ask for transportation to the planet of-" His voice came to an abrupt silence, his hand reaching down quickly at his leather belt that wrapped around his Jedi garb. Pulling the datapad up to reveal it to the Council Members, a holoimage quickly was ejected with a press of a button.

It was a rotating image of the planet Ilum, the planet which wielded the crystals that activated the power of the lightsaber in the heat of combat. The crystals placed in the caves of the planet for those to dig into, rumored that you could see ingraved sculptures of the past Jedi in the walls that told their stories.

What was it that he had been interested in on this planet?

The Council probably thought, but it was to come clear with a collective bunch of his tongue motion, revealing orally what was his reason of this confrontation.

"During a trip in the lower sectors of Coruscant I got word from observing a conversation between Republic transporter, saying something about Ilum having illegial trade routes on it that are being used to deliver to Outer Rim smugglers. They are using the crystals for black market weaponary and if we can cut off the trade routes by inspecting the platform on the planet we can grow larger amount of lightsaber as well as keep the Republic clean from piracy." The boy came to a silence, but it was clear that he only did this to allow them to mentally register his statement. He was to begin after a moment, his voice stronger and his tone more intense.

"I would like to go ther enad inspect the situation with a possiblility of a Padawan coming along with me as well as a Knight. I have came up with names, but that is if you will allow me to go." The young Jedi said, his voice very clear, but his words stern and powerful.

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:21:42 AM
"And might I ask why this is not bought to us by a Jedi Knight?" I replied. "And why would this not be something the Republic be better equipped to handle? Certainly before the Dark Times of the Empire, there were enough Jedi to look after such things"

"But this is not the Old Republic. This is the New and the Jedi have barely the strength to hold our own exitance. It is barely three months since we returned to Coruscant. It is 50 odd years since Endor. The lists of the Jedi are hardly more than 60 active. There is hardly enough to spare to deal with Coruscant, let alone pirates. Unless there is a compelling reason that others cant be used to deal with the situation, like the Hand being involved, I can not answer anything other than no"

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:38:47 AM
The black haired youth had been kneeling since the female who had addressed him previously began to speak. His mind registrating every word that she presented, a frown of displeasurment coming to his face. It was at one time when he was capable of doing these things but why did time change the ability that a Jedi could do to help those being inflicted with pain? When was tampering with the Peace ever to be changed by time?

The boy simply nodded in approval, his eyes shifting about the room for anyone else that would speak on this statement. He knew it wasn't the time to disrespect her, and specially before the Council.

The young child rustled uncomfortably, noticably finding discomfort in her words but it was clear that he was strangling himself because of it, knowing that their was evidence of his disagreement. Staring at the fellow next to Helenias, he beckoned him with his eyes to respond.

He wanted someone to agree with him, if not this whole piracy thing would be done, and patience wouldn't be an ally in this situation. The time they would regain the activate members in a large number would come at a point when it didn't matter anymore. What if this weaponary was created in the form to work for the Empire, or some other force of government war which would damange the Republic, hurting the galaxy once again.

Their was so much to investigate and only that woudl be done, but why disagree with that when that disagreement could mean damage to those around us, and ourselves as well.

The boy contemplate this during his glare at the man beside Helenias, spectulating what would the man say.