PDA

View Full Version : ShadowFaene: Scoundrels for Hire (Switch,Jacen,Grev)

DarthHERA
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:43:55 PM
Jason McGraves, aka "Smoker" had paid her a visit (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26883)and now it had come time to return the favour.

Of course, there was a stop or two to make on the way first.

Hera was awaiting the arrival of Switch Escalof. He was always late. For some reason, despite the plethora of all his gadgets and robots and other mechanical devices, the man didnt own a working chonometer.

Jacen Himes, a newly hired jack-of-all-trades sat opposite the Faene Mistress. Her office, located in the upper levels of the mobile operations station that Hera kept in conjunction with her newly aquired land base on Enton, was quiet for a moment. Himes tended to talk. Alot.

Hera rubbed her temples with two fingers of each hand and looked the new recruit over. This upcoming operation will be a good opportunity to test the mans mettle. Grev's also if he receives her transmitted request in time to rendevoux. Two new guys and an old hand, none of them had worked together yet as a team. It was time to change that.

Their destination Z'trop, a planet in the Coruscant system.

She would divulge the details of the mission upon Switch's arrival on-Base.

Once again Hera glanced at the chrono on the wall, and continued to knead her temples in silence.

Switch Escalof
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:04:53 AM
*Switch headed down the corrador with a cigerette hanging from his mouth, mutteriing random cursewords under his breath. The engineer was covered in black soot from one of his droids, which exploded in his face during a repair session. Finally arriving at Hera's office, he hit the door switch with excessive force. Any harder and he would have to fix that too. Switch strolled into the room, still muttering. Having a seat, he lifted the goggles revealing his eyes, which were the only two things not coated in the black ash. Escalof sighed deeply and stopped cursing for a second, then he turned to Hera.*

"You called, boss?"

DarthHERA
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:49:53 AM
She looked him over, and a grin spread wide across her face as his bright blue eyes blinked at her from out of his blackend skin.

"Hello Switch, fixing droids again I take it?"

She took her hands from her temple and motioned to Jacen.

"Switch Escalof, meet Jacen Himes."

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:49:12 PM
Not far behind Switch, the hindmost of the trio finally came strolling around. Drasen stepped into the office and gave a brief nod to Hera, not minding the other two for now.

“I guess we can start now?”

Jacen Himes
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:54:25 AM
Jacen began this meeting with a sigh of relief. Before in his oral interview, he was more than uptight. In fact he was what he often labeled a "spaz". Now he could chill out and be himself.

As he looked around the room he relized this was one odd bunch. You had the babe, obviously Hera. You had the smoot guy, who was apparently titled Switch. He prefered smoot guy but he didn't make up the names. Then there was this new guy who threw off the group dynamic. He could tell right now this guy was a downer. Business before chatter? How bizarre. Smiley, his partner in crime was silent. Which he often was when he wasn't insulting Jacen.

Minding his manners, he remembered he was just introduced to smoot guy.

"Hey there. You need a moist towelette?"

Jacen reached for a spot on his utility belt where, one would assume, he held moist towelettes.

DarthHERA
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:58:12 PM
"Grev," Hera looked up, "Good that you could make it. I wasnt sure if we would catch you in time."

"Jacen Himes, Switch Escalof, Grev Drasen." She gestured to each one as she named them by way of introduction.

"You can get better aquainted later."

She lifted some papers and scematics from her desk drawer.

"We have been asked by a certain client to aquire a Crystal. It is the main exhibit in a museum on the tropical resort planet of Z'trop in the Coruscant system.

I would like you three to do this. I will come along and co-ordinate the job, but it will be up to you to obtain it. You all have areas of expertise that will make this op a walk in the park.

Take a look at some of these plans if you like. Any suggestions as to how you would like to go about it?"

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:31:52 PM
"Wouldn't miss it for the world, boss," he replied sarcastically, eyeing his two fellow employees just to acknowledge them. This bunch definately had a variety to them. He eyed the documents that Hera had layed out for them, nodding his head as he glanced through them.

"Whatever Twitch and the blue guy prefer," he cackled, collapsing in the nearest sofa.

"I'm just ready to get paid."

Jacen Himes
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:49:46 AM
"Hey, GD, nice wordplay," Jacen smiled under his mask. He gave the gun part of the wink and a gun, not being able to wink effectively under the cloth. It wasn't clear if Jacen was sincere or was sarcastic.

Jacen got from his seat and approached the desk. He thumbed over the plans.

"Okay well, I'm not sure who the hacker of this group is but I hope he's good," Jacen mumbled, running over the plans, at the moment that went over the security system schematics, with his eyes.

He shifted his eyes to another set of plans.

"Are these patrols up to date? 'Cause I've got a question. You want it bloody or sleepy? Because either way, these baton twirlers are going to have to be zonked. Permanently or not?" Jacen asked, motioning towards the guard patrol routes.

DarthHERA
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:42:27 PM
"Yes, they are up to date. We washed them through our own system and updated them to every small detail."

She ran her index finger along one of the main grids, marked with red.

"This is the most direct route. Guards are on duty 24/7 but they are made up of bored middle-aged flunkies who dont make the grade even on the Coruscant Watch. Take them out of the picture as you see fit, Himes, but do not leave any trails back to ShadowFaene.

I want this run quick and trouble-free."

She took in the three men at a glance.

"Think you can handle that?"

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:04:09 PM
“Yeah, Himes,” Grev added his own quip just as Hera finished overlaying the plans. The job sounded easy enough, and as his first ‘official’ assignment for Shadowfaene, he was eager to get started.

He wasn’t ready to mess this up either, and personally, he didn’t particularly lend as much trust to his ‘companions’ as he would have liked.

Hera surely wouldn’t have invested in amateurs, but if they frelled up it was him catching the heat too. He grumbled to himself before going over the procedure once again, then turned a glance to his counterparts.

He gave a final nod to Hera, before answering her.

“I'm sure we can,” Grev forced a cackle, although still uneasy on sharing a job with two strangers. “So when do we leave?”

DarthHERA
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:27:22 PM
Grev's intonnations were duly noted by Hera, and no doubt by the others.

"You leave as soon as you can get your gear together. I will rendevoux with you at these co-ordinates."

She handed Grev the information.

"You are to work as a team while you are on a SFF job. One rule you all should remember - Everyone comes back, everyone gets paid. If anyone is left behind, no one gets their money. And those who return will answer to me."

Her eyes hardened and no one mistook her meaning.

Any questions?"

Jacen Himes
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:53:49 AM
Jacen noted this. Although he acted as if the comments by Grev didn't faze him... He noted that if he did what he needed to do, he shouldn't come back to Hera. Easy enough. Hopefully the man wouldn't push him that far.

In his mind Jacen noted that he'd probably gas or tranq the oldies. If one pulled a gun or something brave, he'd labotomize 'em.

"Yeah, is this guy's expertise quipping?" Jacen jerked his thumb at Grev. "Because if so, I should maybe jot down some notes for him to study. Help his game."

Jacen smiled wide under his mask, which crinkled his mask, showing the smile. He chuckled, not wanting to cause trouble with the boss for being too big a smart mouth.

"No questions, boss lady."

DarthHERA
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:14:35 PM
"Well we know who the funny man is in this show dont we"

she said looking at Jacen.

She quite liked the mans quirkiness, but it wouldnt do for him to know that.

Glancing over at the 3 of them, Hera inwardly thought it will be a miracle if they all come back with all limbs in tact. What a mix.

Oh well, long as the job gets done.

"I will leave you to it then. We will meet 30 hours from now and organize delivery."

Switch Escalof
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:11:52 PM
*Switch had been in his own mind up until this point. That droid really pissed him off. However, he kept in the convo just enough to know what was going on. The engineer grabbed the plans off the table and took another hit of his cig. The old pirate began to flip through them*

"Just a second, since the other two here seem to be takin' out the guards, I'm assuming I'm going to be be playin slicer..."

*He puffed on his cig and thought a bit more, still flipping through the plans.*

"Shouldn't be any problem. I'm a bit rusty, but its like riding a speeder."

*He looked up at his teammates and arched an eyebrow. Not quite trusting them fully.*

"...I'm bringin along a couple of scrabs, just incase someone slips by you two."