PDA

View Full Version : Sensory overload (Rognan)

Zeke
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:27:42 PM
Out with the old, in with the new...Jamel had ditched on him only a few days ago, so Zeke is down a Padawan. Kindo is busy as of late, and thusly has little time to train his own Padawan, Rognan Dar. So Zeke has volunteered to teach him a li'l somethin'. Now if the kid will just show up, they can get started.

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:50:57 PM
Rognan was a little nervous going to meet someone he didn't know, especailly for a new master. But he was getting used to it by now. He just wanted to know more about the Force, so it didn't matter which way he learned it.

He came to the place where he was to meet, but didn't know who it was. There was only a few people around, so it wouldn't take that long to find him. Rognan being a Lorrdian could tell by the way that people acted, talked, and moved, to find out about there background, there race, age, and about almost anything about them. But his skills at this art were not as keen as most Lorrdians. But he knew enough to find the man he was looking for.

"Are you Zeke, sir?" He said to the man he thought was him.

Zeke
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:54:10 PM
"Yeah, that's me. I take it you're Rognan? Good to meet you. Today, you'll be learning Force Sense. Did Kindo teach you to tap into the Force?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:06:30 PM
"No, I do not believe he has. Do you mind explaining what tapping into the Force means?" Rognan had no clue what he was talking about. So, he thought that once he knew what it meant, that it would be easyer to learn.

Zeke
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:09:21 PM
"The Force acts on emotion. That's why we're always telling Padawans to mind their emotions, and to avoid any negative emotions, like anger, aggression, and fear. Instead, Jedi draw upon emotions such as happiness, calmness...even though it sounds cheesy, love does the trick too."

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:46:45 PM
Rognan nodded his head, listening to every word Zeke said so that he would understand.

"I dont think that love is cheesy. It is a natural humaniod action, no?"

Zeke
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:48:38 PM
"I meant that the concept of love as a source of power would sound cheesy. Find within you something that evokes a positive emotion. It matters not which. Once you find it, tell me. Take your time."

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:09:29 PM
A positive emotion. That sounds easyer then it is. Rognan didn't have a goodd childhood, so looking there for one would be a bad idea. So he thought about something more resent. he remembered what it felt like when he came here, a place were he was excepted. He couldn't think of a time when he was happier.

"Ok...I think I have found something."

Zeke
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:18:15 PM
"Now focus on only that. When you know nothing but that emotion, there you will find the Force."

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:31:31 PM
Rognan closed his eyes so he could focus. Though he didn't know what he was going to find, he just did what he was told.

Rognan thought deeper into his emotions, feeling what he felt then, now. He continued to feel this way, going even deeper into it, still not finding what he was looking for. He opened his eye to meet those of Zeke's. Not wanting to just quit, he closed his eyes again, trying to find what everyone called the Force. He couldn't find it, and it made him not mad, but disaponted.

Zeke
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:11:37 AM
"Don't give up. Keep at it. Perseverance is one of a Jedi's greatest virtues."

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:09:00 PM
Rognan sighed and went back at it. He still didn't know what to look for, but it didn't matter, he was going to find it. Every time he thought about that one feeling it was stronger. Every time a little diffrent. Then all of a sudden it felt like he bursted through something and fell into a river of emotions. This must be what he was talking about, he thought to himself. Rognan felt strenghend, refresed, and at peace. He didn't want to pull away from it, but he didn't know what he was to do now.

Rognan opened his eyes again and with a look of excitment, looked at Zeke.

"I think I found it, it was wonderful. But...what am I to do now?"

Zeke
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:15:22 PM
Zeke turns out the lights and lifts Rognan with telekinesis. Rognang flies about the room in a random path, landing in a different area than before.

"Reach out with the Force. Sense your surroundings. And find me."

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:19:31 PM
The sudden blackness startled Rognan, then being lifted up and away made it worse. He calmed himself, trying to figure out what he meant by sense your surroundings. He thought it had somethinhg to do with what he did before, so he went back into that place, drawing into the Force.

Once he found that place again he tried going farther inside, trying to find his surroundings. Rognan focused of what he remembered about the room. There was a blury image going through his mind. One that looked like the room, but not where he thought he was. Though his eye's were closed he could almost see a figure, but not as a image, more life a feeling.

Rognan streched out his hands infront of him and slowly walked to the presents. He came up right next to Zeke, missing him as he walked on until the feeling was not infront of him. He turned back around and missed him on the other side. This was getting frustrating. He put everything he had into his senses, despratly trying to find him. Rognan heard some breathing, putting that to his advantage, finally found him, almost nocking Zeke over.

Zeke
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:22:04 PM
Zeke shuffles the Padawan again and lifts a training dummy. With the Force acting upon it, it gives it's own signature. He shuffles with it, then calls out through telepathy so his voice won't give him away: Can you find me now?

Rognan Dar
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:44:54 PM
Rogann thought that Zeke was playing a game with him, but he ignored his thoughts and went for the task at hand. But that was easyer said then done. Now there was two presents in the room, but how, and which was Zeke. Rognan didn't like being blind like this, he was use to using his eyes.

So, Rognan just started walking tord one of the figures but it moved, and there wasn't a sound. It would be hard to find anything like this, he thought to himself. He went after the other one, missed it, and heard a sound as Zeke moved away.

Rognan just stood still, to Zeke it would look like he gave up, but he was consintrating, trying to feel which on was the real one.

Zeke
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:58:06 PM
Zeke sits still in a corner, with the dummy floating off to his right. Seems the Padawan has given up. Oh well. He ain't leavin' until he finds Zeke.

Rognan Dar
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:23:12 PM
There was no movement, not even a sound. Now was the best time to find him. His breathing came in slow, relaxed. Be one with the Force, he once read. Rognan searched the room with his mind, feeling into every crack. Then he came to the two force presents. He was trying to feel each one in turn, going back and forth betweem them. He was looking for something hard to find, but it was right infront of him. One was flesh and blood, the other was not. It was a simple solution to it all. Find the one with life, not just the presents of the Force.

With this in mind it did not take him long. With a final glance, through the Force, he at almost a sprint ran up to Zeke, startling him.

Zeke
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:54:35 PM
Zeke raises his eyes to the Padawan standing over him.

"Good. Do you have a lightsaber, Rognan?"

He catches the lights with telekinesis and puts the dummy down, standing up and dusting his pants off.

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:38:56 PM
"Uh, yeah, right here." He took the lightsaber off of his belt and held it at his waste. "What am I to do with it?"

Zeke
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:09:15 PM
Zeke opens a cabinet of equipment and pulls a construction helmet with a metal blast shield. This he claps on Rognan's head before setting out a spherical remote droid.

"You will sense this droid and deflect it's darts. Don't worry about them hurting you, they don't do much more than deliver a small sting."

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:19:41 PM
"Uh...if you say so, master Zeke." Rognan was not sure what he meant by that, but he knew that it would not be long before he did.

Zeke
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:24:37 PM
Zeke turns on the droid and it floats up from his hand, shifting and dodging, seeking an angle of attack.

"Find the droid. Find it quickly, before it fires."

It floats between Zeke and Rognan, moving only vertically and horizontally in a two dimensional plane perpendicular to the floor. This makes it's patterns simple to track. Rognan should have little difficulty with it.

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:34:20 PM
So, with the droid on he turned on his lightsaber, almost turning it on upside down, but corrected himself before he did. The lightsaber hummed as he moved it back and forth. Then he went strait to finding the small droid which by now was not hard. The hard part was how to block the attacks. Not use to the lightsaber yet many just moved it around hoping it didn't hit him, but that did not work at all. He was it several times before really trying to stop the shots.

"How do I know where to put the saber to block the shots?" He said to Zeke, still waving the lightsaber around.

Zeke
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:40:47 PM
"You can feel the droid, can you not? It appears--in my mind, at least--as a dim sphere. Watch it closely...as it gathers power to form a laserdart, you will see it as a point of light. Watch that point. It's like playing baseball; keep your eyes and focus on it, and you can hit it back."

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:51:30 PM
With this in mind it was a little easyer to see the and feel the droid, but he didn't block the shots yet, he dodged them, one after another. In between shots he focused more on the light that Zeke said. He was a little braver, trying to stick his saber infront of the lasers but he was just a tad bit top slow.

This went on for three minutes, until, surprising himself, the laser hit his the blade of the saber, sending it to the floor.

"Hey, I did it." Rognan said, only to get shot again. He rased his blade back up, feeling stronger in the Force and deflected another shot. It slowly became easyer, seeming like he could see through the metal blast shield.

Zeke
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:00:09 PM
Zeke tilts his head as an errant dart zings by his left ear.

"Then that is all for today. Practice sense on your own, or with the other Padawans. When you learn to work with sabers, you will also be taught to better deal with the darts."

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:02:20 PM
"Yes, Master. Thank-you, master." Rognan said bowing to Zeke, and turned to leave to return to his room.