PDA

View Full Version : It's Snowing... Again! (Open)

Makoto Neo
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:08:54 PM
‘How did I end up… here… of all places!’ Neo thought, cocking his head to the side and staring at the double doors under a large neon sign which read Master Yog’s Bar and Grill. It was snowing, yet again, and Neo was covered up in a thick woolen coat that protected his furred body from the biting wind. Yet his ears froze an indirect direction to find a shelter.

Another figure bumped into his shoulder, saying a polite ‘excuse me’ before entering the establishment. Neo dolefully let out a sigh before following through. Sliding the doors apart, he was flanked by a quadruplet set of NRSF officers who stopped him.

“Sir, I need you to place any and all weapons you have on possession in this box for safe keeping,” One officer requested, looking up with a hint of doubt in his eyes. Neo rose a brow and deposited a bowie knife from his coat into the basket, stepping forward he was again stopped.

“All weapons… uh… sir,”

“Fine. Fine.” Neo growled, he unclipped his unique black saber hilt and placed it into the basket with regret. Continuing, he removed the gauntlets he wore and dropped them into it. Finally reassuring the NRSF that he carried no other forms of weaponry he continued into the establishment.

Two quick glances back and forth gave him the general layout, shrouded figures at in the back with the more rowdy bunch sitting closer to the bar or entrance, and counted the empty seats. Not wanting an immediate guest, he took a seat at the bar and ordered a shot of whiskey from the ‘tender.

“’Ere’s yer drink, mister. Anything else for ya?” ‘Tender asked after a few pauses of the clock on the wall. Neo shook his head back and forth, dumping a fine sheet of snow onto the bar which he swept away from sight. “A’right, if you need anythi-”

“I’ll ring. Yeah. Go on.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:10:34 PM
Soen shakes the snow from his coat, leaning his staff by the door. The guard takes note of it before returning to his watch. He sits a few stools down from Makoto, putting a respectable distance between himself and the other. He shivers from the cold, and the bartender places a mug of hot cocoa before him. Soen produces a credit from thin air and hands it to the bartender.

"That trick o' yers never gets old, kid. I'd like to learn it m'self."

Soen smiles lightly.

"A magician never reveals the secret to his magic."

The bartender chuckles.

"True enough...true enough..."

Makoto Neo
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:54:17 PM
Shortly later, Neo pulled a golden case from the breast pocket of his jacket and lit up an herbal cigarette. Of his own creation, the cigarettes were incense herbs combined in a caramel colored syrup that held the crushed leaves and such together inside the white wrapper. The smoke, which wafted from the burning tip, gave the general area a smell of fresh cut produce and enlighten Neo’s mood greatly.

“Crazy…” He whispered loudly, ending a hidden thought with a shake of his head.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:08:00 PM
The cocoa is too hot to drink, so Soen sets his head on the bar. The smoke is drifting away from him, so he doesn't mind it. He sighs lightly and looks over at Makoto.

"What's crazy?"

Makoto Neo
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:32:11 PM
Neo turned his head to examine the chap, his brilliant red eyes noting every feature for reference later in time, before a mischevious sneer crept onto his snout.

"Well, first 'all. I'm sitting in a Jedi Aligned Bar, not more than half a mile from the Temples themselves. I've got enough raps from the past to send me hanging from the tree, yet I'm sitting here admist somewhere aroun' five NRSF and untold Jedi."

He snorted, shaking his head back and forth. "Tell me, what do you call 'crazy?'"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:13:44 PM
Soen returns his gaze to the mug before him.

"Magic."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:38:55 PM
Drake came runnig into the bar. He was covered with snow, you could say from far he was a snowman. As he gave in his weapons he senced a familiar force, as he turned his head he saw Soen with an odd looking fellow.

"He there old friend, we meet again"

Drake then glanced at the other guy

"Hi im Drake lonerunner what your name"

Makoto Neo
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:46:32 PM
Neo let a slight chuckle out, turning his head to his own drink for the moment. He knew of arcane magic, nothing like most of the back alley parlor tricks most preformed, but actual physical sort of arcane working.

Neo spend the earlier half of his life learning from a Archmage Jodah of the keep Giva. It was the best of his prime, blowing entire sections of wall apart with a string of magic words and arcane figures drawn in air.

"Magic of the Arcane genre can be fun," Neo started, then another sauntered up and introduced himself. Neo gave a curt nod of his head, "Name's Makoto Neo, Neo for short."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:45:41 PM
Drake snaped his fingures and the bar tender came up to him cleaning a glass with a white towel. "What can i get ya". Drake spoke in a quiet tone

"Four shots of ouzo please"

The tender did what he was told and gave him the four drinks, Drake took out 10 credits and gave them all to him. "Thank you sir" the bar tender smiled and went to the other side of the bar to serve another customer.

"So Neo what brings you here?" Drake gulped to shots right down right after.

Makoto Neo
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:50:21 PM
Before the 'tender left, Neo requested another shot of whiskey. As he poured the golden liquid from a spout into the quartz glass, Neo responded to Drake's question.

"I dunno, stopped by for a quick drink I suppose. You?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:53:07 PM
Soen is seemingly forgotten, sitting to the side, testing the heat of his cocoa. Arcane magic...Soen can't help but wonder if that's anything like his own ability. But he lets it go. Neo and Drake are talking after all. It would be rude to interrupt.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:05:15 PM
Drake gulped down the other two shot of ouzo and iped his face with a towel.

"Well, i usually come here to meet new people and just relax"

Drake then turned his head to Soen "Hey friend i haven't seen you in a while, why did you leave the when i was trying to talk to you?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:36:07 PM
"There was a wolf."

He takes a small sip of his cocoa. It's finally cooled down...he takes a bigger sip and sets it down.

"I don't like animals."

Makoto Neo
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:37:27 PM
Neo's ears swivled, he was part wolf and Soen's question and statement irked him. "What's wrong with wolfs?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:09:46 PM
"Animals know," he says evasively.

They know why he bears the title "Spellflinger"...they know of the powers he can unleash...powers he would rather no one knew about.

"They know all too well..."

Makoto Neo
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:12:04 PM
Oh? Neo thought, tapping lightly on the bartable near his drink. It was halfway gone, so Neo went ahead and finished it in one gulp.

"They know... mmhm.." He said lowly, "I can tell your scared of something, son. Want to share?" Not expecting for Soen to reply, Neo gave a proposal of his own, "Well, if you tell I'll show you some true arcane magic right here, eh?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:17:16 PM
"It..."

Oh how he'd love to tell, but he feels his sorcerous magic is not something he should share with just anyone.

"It's nothing...nothing I could do here, anyway...if you want to demonstrate your magic, you may. That's your decision."

Makoto Neo
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:29:20 PM
"Very well," Neo sat up, streaching the fingers of his left hand slightly as he muttered. He could feel the magic words flowing from his mouth and mind through his fingers and onto the tabletop. Slowly light began to fluxuate, like heatwaves from fire.

"Xakno' entha holycon Firaga," Neo growled. Instantly a kitsune like fire-imp fell from the vortex, landing with a whimph and standing to it's feet. The whole spell was a simple familiar summon, nothing more, and the only one Neo knew well enough to cite by mind.

The fox imp, no bigger than a rat, glanced around at the three before sitting and 'wulfing' happily. Neo let a small, accomplished, grin slide onto his snout while he watched the little fox..

"A simple spell, that it is, nothing too extravigant."

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:42:24 PM
Soen's eyes get a bit wide at this, and he takes another drink of his cocoa. He can't summon creatures. The magician leans on the counter and puts his chin on his folded arms, watching the little imp with curiosity.

"Can you...conjure fire?" he asks quietly.

Makoto Neo
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:51:18 PM
"Somewhat," Neo replied, silently biding the imp to crawl forward and place a paw on Soen's nose. It did so, chirping loudly as it did, and seemed to give off a air of playfulness. "I'm not a archmage master, not by far... but I know some tricks."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:43:54 PM
Drake claped being all impressed and all, seeing he can do any kind of magic himself. "That was impresive.."

Drake picked up the little creature form Seon's nose and pet it.

"Can anyone do magic or must you have it in you?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:48:59 PM
"I'm not sure."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:49:53 PM
"How did you come to learn of your power?"

Makoto Neo
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:34:51 PM
"Long story on my end, but figured into a few words; Practice, Practice, Time, Studying, and did I mention Practice?" Neo said, taking a sip from his liqor. He remembered vividly the hours, days, and weeks spent inside a dark lab with tombs scattered about, back in his youth.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:51:53 PM
"I was taught by an old man...he first taught me my slight of hand, and some other parlor tricks. Then he..."

Soen stops himself. Best not to mention that.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:47:27 AM
Drake knew what he was going to say and kept quiet. He thaught it was a good time to change subjects

"Where do you guys come from?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:38:58 PM
"Not here."

Again, he's being vague for a reason. He doesn't need to implicate his family. After what happened to his mentor? No...best not to get anyone involved.

Makoto Neo
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:56:36 PM
"Another plane of existance... it's a long story," Neo said, fumbling with his glass for a moment in deep thought. It was empty again though, and he refilled it to the brim, so paradoxial it was nowadays.

"Involves a bunch of boring crapola like planear shifts, teleporting, quantum physics and others."