PDA

View Full Version : Finally, no original SW on DVD.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:22:27 PM
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#nowars

Read on and vent your rage. Why on Earth would he do this?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:58:40 PM
cause he sucks

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:02:21 PM
Well it doesn't bother me either way honestly, that whole thing seems like a rumor to me, I remember that Spielberg wasn't going to put the original ET on their and he changed his mind. This is years away so who knows what will happen. My guess he will probably make two versions one with just the SE (probably cost around 40, the other with the original versions that cost a lot more.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:05:03 PM
Simple marketting will prove to him when the time comes that having both editions available in seperate packages = more cash in his pockets. Its quite likley that we will see both versions available to consumers eventually.

sirdizzy
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:11:30 AM
hmmm if so he is an idiot

his fans are clamoring for it, want it and crave it and will suck up the original trilogy like water

for someone who is such a technology buff you would have thought he would have grabbed onto DVD in its pioneer days maybe he feels he can not support a tecnhology he did not invent, help invent or support from the beginning

sirdizzy
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:15:53 AM
he could do liek speilberg give us both for gods sake

Jedieb
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:56:18 AM
Give me BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a galaxy in which Han shoots FIRST!:cool

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:22:30 PM
As for the technology well he didn't do it at first because like most of the major directors they were scared that the DVD would be like laserdiscs fail horribly so none of them put anything on DVD until recently after they saw how successful it was, that I can understand I am sure they lost a lot of money on laserdiscs. And for recently he claims he wants to have to time to do it and not rush out something. Which I think is a noble thing, at least he isn't like Disney releasing his product every year trying to make more and more money.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:45:13 PM
so, when he has all these talanted people and must have many hours of interviews and footage, why does he personally need to oversight? why not have one of his other employees handle the task? there is no excuse any more for ot dvd not coming out. even a date of release would be welcome, even if it is three years hence

and as for no true original version - i refuse to buy another lucasfilm product until decision reversed

Jedi_Psyche
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:55:02 PM
I, personally, am not too worried. First of all, the main reason i think it is important to get the Trilogy on DVD is because a CD will last forever. Video cassettes, on the other hand, tend to wear away with age. I am fortunate enough, however, to have a dad who is obsessed with computer technology stuff - basically, he bought a computer program from Best Buy or somewhere.. and he can take video cassettes and burn them onto DVDs. This is perfectly legal as long as we dont sell the copies. I realize that one of the excitements of the Trilogy coming out on DVD would be the special features, but like i said, my main concern is preserving the movies so that i can watch them for years to come.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:55:59 AM
I think I'm going to take the wait and see approach. Alot of decisions can be reversed, and remember, he wasn't going to release TPM on DVD until all of the movies were done, but enough people enough noise and he changed his mind. I'm sure this will happen again.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:07:36 AM
I don't think he wants anybody else to do the DVD except him, so I really understand he wants to send only one DVD release and not make two releases so I understand that. I will buy it regardless, as I won't have a VCR forever. I actually like the SE better, but that is my opinion.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:47:37 AM
First and foremost I want the version that Lucas defines as THE Star Wars. The originals are a bonus.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:06:55 PM
First of all, the main reason i think it is important to get the Trilogy on DVD is because a CD will last forever.

worng. cd's degrade. dvd's also degrade. digital media is not permanent - they wear, they scratch, they heat and cold warp,. they get exposed to dust, dirt and kids.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:26:49 PM
True, but theoretically it should last a HELL of a long time. If they can avoid all of the things that you mentioned, then there's no reason why they can't last "a lifetime". I have some cd's that I got as early as 1990 and they're still perfectly fine.