View Full Version : Can someone tell me

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:59:34 PM
I thought shadow Jedi where not allowed in the SWfans universe? can some one please clarify on this because i'm currently in a thread where the issue of shadow Jedi has risen.

this is the thread

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27014

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2003, 04:19:54 PM
LOL! Shadow Jedi, the most BS concept ever laid before this place.

Feb 7th, 2003, 04:23:14 PM
I agree but truthfully how the heck aim I supose to respond to something like that. I mean i had a hard enought time with most of it.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:04:44 PM
Well truthfully they aren't called Shadow Jedi, they are called Gray Jedi. They really dont use one concept of the force, they use both--they are neutral people who found that hte light side or hte dark sid was not for them and to be a normal citizen. They follow the path of life as any other human being, with their cons and pros, without the cares of being with held in the order which could be punishing to normal lifestyle.

They use the Force as they please, either it be good or bad, but normally it's more for themselves, but still in a neutral human being fashion. Just like a Bounty Hunter would do, even though they are considered doing it for themselves they do in a neutral style and are normally not under the beckoning of something.

The Gray Jedi normally use the force in a way where they force it to do something kind of like the Dark Jedi do, but on the Light side they employ it, ask it to do things kinda. So as I said more than once in this response, they are normally neutral people.

I kind of like the concept, but I dont think they should be amazingly strong as they aren't wielding a full sideness and when choosing a path you are truly stronger, weither it be good or not. They aren't pressured with the life of a Dark Jedi, or a Jedi so they dont have to confront such situations as they do, so they aren't that expirenced.

It's a nice concept, but I think it should be role played right to be done.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:50:25 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

shadow, grey whatever the hell you call them are not allowed here. we have discussed this a lot over the years and each time we have the same conclusion - is not possible.

jackson, tell them ooc that shadow jedi or grey jedi, whatever they call it are not on here at all

edit - doesnt matter if it's one of us saying it this time instead of gue. not allowed.

i think sometimes a history of the gjo would be in order, to firm up time line and galaxy situation and also what gjo is and it's setup.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2003, 02:11:41 AM
maybe Shadow Jedi are a bit like the Lost?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 8th, 2003, 02:22:37 AM
no, because the lost do not use the dark side at all. you have light and dark. you do not have fence sitting. fence sitting gives your ass splinters. i could explain what the lost do different to a normal jedi, but im not up to typing that much

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 8th, 2003, 03:48:38 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if done with care then I think people should have the freedom to roleplay a shadow jedi. If you have the freedom to start something like Lost Jedi then who are we to restrict other people's creativity?

Trial and error, that's how things can evolve. Let her be.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:22:44 AM
I was sort of assuming that the Shadow Jedi were violent Jedi. Sorry if I was wrong there.

but yes :thumbup @ Loki

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:20:29 AM
the difference is, a lost jedi is straight out of aotc. it is what dooku is / was. dooku however goes further and drifts into dark side and becomes sith. the lost is straight out of aotc novelisation.

shadow jedi are a fan fic. nowhere do i find the concept you can sit on the fence, except if your heading in one direction or the other.

shadow jedi are also born out of the mistaken concept that light and dark have exclusive powers and exclusive ways to access those powers. light and dark have two polars that mark them - the hate / love and selfishness / unselfishness polars.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20312 - discussion where the impossibility of a shadow jedi is explained

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25077 may help in understanding why you can not fence sit

the lost would not exist if it was not introduced by aotc. that is the bottom line. if it was not in aotc, then i would not be developing the idea and exploring what that really means and is.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:16:23 PM
Thanks for the clear up :D

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:09:47 PM
I dont agree with them being here that much either, so dont put it on me as the agree-er on this occasion.

Chaos Alexander
Feb 9th, 2003, 12:18:15 AM
I think they should be allowed to a certain degree.........but they are not. I beleive in the rules, so just let them know OOC.

Ebony
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:30:29 AM
Ok now, I have a question. What would a person be who has had training on the Darkside, but didn't like there ideals, but hasn't had any training on the Lightside, but still uses what they have learned to help ppl though.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 9th, 2003, 01:30:29 PM
lightside and darkside is not a training thing. it is a heart thing. it is attitude. it is about what you want for yourself and for others. it is about the polars.

your example, the person in quesion is well on the road to be ing a jedi.

a jedi is not just trained in swords and lifting shit. they are trained in attitude, trained how to be calm, at peace and to have control. to be a jedi is a lifestyle. now, you cant just teach or force those onto another - the person to learn must want to have them from the heart. peace comes from the heart, or soul.

Chaos Alexander
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:21:12 PM
That is what I was thinking but was not able to place in words.

Ebony
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:36:22 AM
That's understandable. Now if the person in question, there profession is questionable, what then?

Feb 10th, 2003, 11:56:29 AM
Thanks for the help guys I didn't think they where aloud nor would I expect them to be. I feel shadow Jedi are a way to cheat at being able to do everything.