PDA

View Full Version : The Onion Strikes Again

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:35:30 PM
http://www.theonion.com/onion3904/nations_love_affair.html

I don't really know what to say, except narf. If you take it seriously (I hope no one does... it's theonion after all) then they're on crack. If you don't take it seriously, then they're on crack.

But I do agree that most acting, dialogue, and actual story telling is better than Episodes 1 and 2.

I think both are great saga's and movies, and that they really can't be compared with each other because they both bring and offer something that is different and unique. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:43:16 PM
:lol:lol That made me laugh. :)

JediBoricua
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:43:27 PM
I read a couple of days ago. It's funny.

The sad thing is that someone did take it seriously! A guy came into my Fanforce forum blasting Star Wars versus Lotr using this article as source. Once we pointed out that he was using the same website that proudly announced the creation of a Death Star Day Care Center as proof for his POV, he closed his own thread and dissapeared!

That was one of my funniest moments online ever!

Figrin D'an
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:25:06 PM
Ah, I love The Onion... I have clippings from many old issues. :)

JonathanLB
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:30:00 PM
I wouldn't agree with any of that. I think Star Wars is still far superior to LOTR, even though I love both.

The Star Wars Saga is not in competition with LOTR. It's much better, first of all, and second, Star Wars rules the world of film, even if LOTR rules the literary world.

Dae Jinn
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:23:54 PM
JON IT IS A JOKE!!! J-O-K-E!

*feeds him to rabid evil chimpmunks*

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:04:25 PM
Yeah this site is not to be taken seriously you can kind of tell that they are just being funny.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:20:56 PM
That's pretty funny. I like that story. :D

Sene Unty
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:33:08 AM
The Onion rules!!!!!!!! That is all I have to say..........

Darth Viscera
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:00:59 AM
Yeah, that thing really made sense. (I'm being sincere)

I hope we have something watchable for Episode 3. If not, oh well-we can enjoy Return of the King Extended Edition on DVD :)

Sene Unty
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:04:52 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Yeah, that thing really made sense. (I'm being sincere)

Was that to me?

I hope we have something watchable for Episode 3. If not, oh well-we can enjoy Return of the King Extended Edition on DVD :)

Too true. :D

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:00:44 PM
Very funny piece. You can always count on the Onion for laughs.

Darth Viscera
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:19:52 PM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
Was that to me?

Negative. I was talking about the article.

Sene Unty
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:28:55 PM
I figured....Just making sure. :D

Mu Satach
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:29:30 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
The sad thing is that someone did take it seriously! A guy came into my Fanforce forum blasting Star Wars versus Lotr using this article as source. Once we pointed out that he was using the same website that proudly announced the creation of a Death Star Day Care Center as proof for his POV, he closed his own thread and dissapeared!

That was one of my funniest moments online ever!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol