PDA

View Full Version : They're REALLY pushing Daredevil it seems

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:59:05 AM
It's official, 20th Century Fox will launch Daredevil into AT LEAST 3500 theaters in North America next Friday, February 4th. The exact figure won't be available until later next week.

In comparison, Spider-Man opened in 3,615 theaters last year and "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" holds the record with 3,682.
Im suprised so many have picked it up.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:49:03 AM
I dont see this movie being as big as those two. They think just because it is another Marvel Movie, that many kids will want to go see it, when infact the Dare-Devil character is quite older(I think), and not as well known as spiderman.

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:56:58 AM
Both started about the same time, early 60s (DD was '62)

I think it is very realistic that it will either bomb something terrible, or do amazingly well.

I would guess it will at least break even. I hope so, apparently Mark Steven Johnson wants to adapt the Kevin Smith series next, with Smith doing the script :D

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:33:58 PM
Well *I* am going to go see it. At least once. :)

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:43:03 PM
Me too :)!

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:02:57 PM
Ive worked out 3 in 3 days :)

JediBoricua
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:24:43 PM
I'm seeing it the 12th on a charity screening.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:44:00 PM
*shakes fist at Boricua*

:)

JediBoricua
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:47:08 PM
Just the reaction I wanted!

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:37:42 PM
13th, in a break from lessons. Runs a bit late? Lessons off ;)

JonathanLB
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:00:58 PM
"I'm with you too!"

hehe. Daredevil is going to rock so much. Although I don't know if I want to see it opening day. Bryan reminded me (unfortunately) that Friday the 14th is Va....va....I can't say it, V-day, and I don't think I want to go out of my house on that day if at all possible. Maybe I'll see an early morning Saturday showing.

Ugg. STUPID, commercialized, disgusting holiday. I could write a whole essay on how cruel that day is. But I've already done that actually.

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 05:02:29 PM
Im seeing it the 13th and 14th afternoon possibly :)

Dutchy
Feb 7th, 2003, 05:12:39 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Ugg. STUPID, commercialized, disgusting holiday. I could write a whole essay on how cruel that day is. But I've already done that actually.

Can we read it? :)

JonathanLB
Feb 7th, 2003, 05:53:19 PM
I was just being sarcastic about actually having written it, but I felt like I did because I ranted for about 15 minutes to this girl online about how much the "holiday" sucks. She agrees with me and we were both complaining about it, but I can briefly give you my main point.

Ok, you may think I'm just being bitter (I AM! lol), but alright, let me use an analogy here. Do we have a day in the U.S., or any other country, that is honor of people who are not physically handicapped? Do we have a day that says, "Be glad you don't have AIDS" day or "Be glad you not mentally retarded" day? No. If we did have one of those, imagine how everyone else would feel? If you were missing a leg, you'd feel really bad that everyone else was celebrating what you don't have. It's cruel and it's in poor taste. Same goes with the AIDS thing. Sure everyone else may be glad, but you are dying of a horrible disease and it's not cool that everyone else is basically mocking you for it by celebrating being well, while you are not.

Now to a lesser extent (I admit), but also to a greater number of people, Valentine's Day (there, I said it) is exactly the same thing! Oh gee, let's make a day for people who are NOT single and then make everyone else feel bad, which is a lot of the population. So while these lucky individuals are celebrating their stupid V-Day by stimulating the economy, specifically Hallmark and Godiva (chocolates), the rest of us have to watch their disgusting public displays of affection. It is basically like a rich person going to a ghetto and being like, "Hahaha, look at my Aston Martin, you suckas! My car rocks, you got nothing. Oh look at this wad of $100 bills, yeah you don't have this do you?" Haha, I really don't see the difference. It's still a holiday that makes the "haves" feel good (maybe, or maybe it just requires everyone to spend money so maybe even they don't like it?) and the "have-nots" feel bad. So in my opinion, not only is Valentine's Day unneeded, but it is also cruel.

I would also like to make the point that if you are in love, EVERY DAY should be a chance to pay attention to and appreciate the person you are with, not one day a year. Just like I think every day should be father's day or mother's day or whatever, not one lousy day a year. It's ok to have such days, but it's kind of a lame idea that on Valentine's Day society REQUIRES you to go out with your significant other and spend money on them, when you should be doing that many other days anyway and if you really care, I bet you don't need society to pick a day for you to do that. But that's just my opinion. :)

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2003, 05:55:56 PM
Doesnt make me feel bad one bit. I feel happy that there is a day where couples in love can lavish attention on oneanother, more than on a normal day.

And I love how people criticise Valentines Day, but noone ever argues the same about St Patricks Day :)

Dutchy
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:07:49 PM
Isn't V-day about a SECRET admirer?

I don't mind people showing their affection for each other while me being single. I'm not jealous at any means about people having a relation. You don't wanna know how many people spend their life struggling with their relation just because they're afraid of being single. It's just sad how many people are unhappily married.

And if people are happy with their life, either being single or in a relation, well, let them show it, I don't mind.

Though, I have to admit that when you've just broken up with someone V-day is not your most cheerful day.

Oh, I don't care much for V-day, either. Especially here it is just another American holiday being shoved down our throats. And of course it's all about the money.

"My one and only" Valentine cards - Now in multi pack.

JonathanLB
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:30:35 PM
It's a lot of commercial crap if you ask me.

I just don't like having other people's relationships in general shoved down my throat, any day of the year, and V-day provides a better opportunity for that to happen than at any other time, thus the annoyance.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:40:10 PM
V-day is just another day for guys to go on a quest to find yet ANOTHER perfect AGAIN.

Dae Jinn
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:47:29 PM
Guys should be perfect for their girls everyday ;) :lol

Yes, Valentines Day sucks when you are single. But one day, you might not be single. Then I bet you won't be complaining. If I have to work on Valentines, and nosey customers ask me about my bf, I'm going to lie and say he's dead :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:50:29 PM
I am going to see Daredevil too I think it will open very well probably 40-50 million and make around 100-120, it won't do as well as HP2 and Spiderman but it will still probably make a profit.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:43:03 PM
I can't see it on opening day. :mad Last basketball game of the season. Oh well.

Sigil Roland
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:10:50 AM
Sounds like a good movie. I might go check it out.

JonathanLB
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:11:53 AM
I plan to wear all black on Valentine's Day and I will refrain from eating any chocolate that day. Also, if I see any pink balloons or crap like that, I will pop them or destroy whatever I can while nobody is looking :)

Darth23
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:21:42 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I am going to see Daredevil too I think it will open very well probably 40-50 million and make around 100-120, it won't do as well as HP2 and Spiderman but it will still probably make a profit.

Sounds about right to me.

Maybe like 35/140

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:25:48 AM
So far, I've read something like 7 reviews, and all positive so far :)