PDA

View Full Version : A New Perception...(Jubei)

Xazor Elessar
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:03:37 PM
It was a warm day with beams of bright sunlight piercing through white fluffy clouds. Inside the Jedi Temple was bustling as usual but it was a peaceful business -- something that Jedi Knight Xazor Elessar admired most about the Order. Clad in white flowing robes as an outer sign to an inner commitment she had made just weeks before, the young Garou woman made her way through the halls of the Temple. Silver coins woven into her Garou Warrior Braids clanged together softly with each step she took until she reached her destination -- the beautiful fountain room where water flowed from statues of various shapes and origins. Xazor had sent a message to Jubei, a reknown Jedi Knight and Monk of a land she had never heard of before. He was a passive Jedi -- one of great diplomacy -- something of which Xazor was searching for in her own life. Fighting had its place -- but for the rest of the time, she needed to learn how to talk out her problems and deal with things intelligently.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:33:24 PM
You asked for me?

(Jubei approached the Garou, bowing with the traditional Calanic salutation.)

How might I be of assistance?

Xazor Elessar
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:46:57 PM
Xazor turned around to face the man she had called to her presence that day. A smile crossed the woman's features as she returned the greeting with a bow of her own before rising to full height again.

"In my time here at the Greater Jedi Order I have never met you though I have heard of your outstanding diplomacy and passive ways. I am a Warrior at heart and have been so since a very young age. I joined the Jedi after training as a Sith and have dealt with anger issues through my time here but have sought counseling sessions which have helped greatly."

The Knight paused a moment and eyed Jubei for a moment, wondering if he would be up to helping her. With a slight nod, she gathered her thoughts and began again.

"I know that fighting has its place -- but the rest of the time I need to learn how to control my tongue and my anger in a more civil manner. This is why I called you -- I seek to learn from you how to become calm again -- how to deal with words and not punches."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:05:51 PM
The greatest battle a warrior must fight is the battle against themselves. I understand your problem well. It is not about denying your impulses. Instead, let your instincts, and impulses weigh against your reason.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:09:27 PM
"But my reason is outweighed by those things!"

She said with a bit of frustration at herself, realizing that this was the beginning of an uphill climb.

"Everytime I fall into a situation -- I attempt to reason but then I give into my feelings and instincts and I loose to anger."

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at Jubei, wondering if he really had the answers to her problems.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:30:05 PM
Discipline is given only through repetitions. Failures become successes through many trials. Think carefully about your past, Xazor. You have already made progress. It takes some their entire lifetime to master themselves. Most do not even reach the end of this race, and live their lives without true inner discipline.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:33:49 PM
Xazor nodded and sighed, still confused about her own questions.

"But where do I begin? I don't know how to fix this problem no matter where I start. On problem arises and I go nova on everyone around me."

She showed her concern through her eyes that spoke loudly of her true desire for this inner peace.

"It seems to have come so easily for you and other Jedi."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:31:02 PM
Xazor, I have been trained for this since infancy. It has been my entire life's doing to be a peacemaker. I assure you that even for me, the road taken is a difficult one. There is no innate gift that smooths it, that removes the stones and brambles from it's path. For all who take the narrow road, it is always a difficult path to take. Perhaps the reason why it seems easy when you see me is that I know no other road to take. I have always travelled by it.