PDA

View Full Version : a new start

Teran Jowas
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:12:35 PM
((ooc: i hope someone will join me in this RP, i am trying to have Master Jinn (Liam) be my master but, he hasn't replied yet. so will someone at least be my temporary partner? if you want to join my, please pm me, or e-mail and i will reply here and allow you to join me. here is a lillte info for my character, incase it helps you decide))

Teran Jowas
Created by: myself

Pronunciation
Tairon Jowas
Species
Falleen
Sex
Male
Hair color
Black w/gray
Eye color
Green w/black in pupil
Height
1.83 meters
Home world
Falleen
Current location
Yavin 4
Criminal Record
None
Romantic Involvement
None (follows old Jedi code)
Honor Code
Jedi Order
Weapons
light saber (amethyst), and the Force
Occupation
Once a Jedi Master, his pad wan was Niomay Starkiller
Transportation
E-wing starfighter
Brief history
Ace pilot. Commando. Martial Artist. Jedi Master. All these describe Master Jowas. But it hasn’t always been good. Master Jowas was a Jedi Master in the waning days of the Old Republic. But little is known about this Jedi. It's for good reason that the Jedi Code dictates that initiates into the Order are brought in during infancy. The tenets of the Jedi are repeatedly reinforced during a Padawan's training, to diminish any possibility of transgression into the dark side's seductive grasp.
But what happens when a Jedi loses his memory?
Thus was the saga of Teran Jowas, a young Falleen from Corellian Run Clan discovered by Jedi Kit Fisto. The tightly knit clans of Falleen allowed Jowas to leave for Coruscant, to undergo Jedi training. They wished greatness for Jowas, though privately wished for him to hold Falleen first in his heart, and the Jedi second.
Teran returned as often to Falleen as his Jedi duties allowed. Some Jedi frowned upon such sentimentality; they emphasized detachment from personal pasts in favor of devotion to the Force. After achieving Knighthood, Teran took a Padawan, a young human girl named Niomay Starkiller.
A skilled Jedi, Teran excelled in psychometric talents. He could glean emotional imprints off of physical objects, determining their recent past. This aided Jowas on the investigative duties the Council often assigned him. He also helped develop “rough justice”, with Master Koon, but was never given credit for it.
Teran was drugged and robbed of his memory while investigating a Federation smuggling racket on Csillia. Left only with fragments of his past, Jowas still had the power of the Force under his command, but none of the discipline. After that event, he skirted dangerously close to the dark side. He started his own organization known as the “Deviators.” they were a terrorist group. He was later captured by the High Council. He was sentenced to retraining. No longer a Jedi Master, he was once again a pad wan, with no memory…
Though his memories were eventually recovered, Jowas was continually haunted by the dark side. The Council sped up his training so that he could be apprenticed. When the Republic fell, Jowas was on a routine mission to Alderaan, to speak with Sen. Bail Organa. He went into hiding after learning of the JedI purge going on. And escaped Vader’s grasp, he stayed on the called Dagobah, and left just before young Luke Skywalker came for his training. This committed JedI was given honors from the Republic after leading a fleet on a raid of Imperial forces, and offered a position on the New Republic’s council, but turned it down, wanting to finish his training. When Master Luke created the Yavin 4 academy, he applied and was accepted and put into another branch of the Yavin 4 JedI Academy, the GJO (greater Jedi order). That is where he met Master Liam Jinn, and has asked him to make him his pad wan…

Stats
Teran Jowas: male Falleen, JG 12; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 22 (+10 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 95/14; Atk +15/+10/+5 melee* (dmg 4d8+1, crit 19-20, lightsaber), +14/+9/+4 ranged; SQ Jedi padawan; SV Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8; SZ M; FP 6; DSP 7; Rep 8; Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 12. Challenge Code G. Equipment: Lightsaber*, Jedi robes. *Teran Jowas has constructed his own lightsaber.
Skills
Craft (lightsaber) +9, Intimidate +5, Jump +5, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +5, Knowledge (Falleen) +5, Listen +4, Pilot +6, Sense Motive +12, Spot +5, Tumble +6. Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Battlemind +10, Enhance Ability +6, Force Defense +6, Force Push +7, Force Stealth +6, Move Object +9, See Force +8, Telepathy +6.
Feats
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Heroic Surge, Psychometry, “rough justice”, Skill Emphasis (Sense Motive), Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster rifle, simple weapons).
Force Feats
Alter, Control, Deflect Blaster, Force Lightning, Lightsaber Defense, Sense.
__________________________________________________ __

Teran walked into the GJO training academy. He hadn’t been here in so many months, he wouldn’t be surprised if somebody thought he was new! Teran walked into the temple, he took one deep breath and it was intoxicating, it made him remember why he came back from the dark side of the Force. “umm, Jowas, Master Jowas? Is that you?” Teran turned at the mention of his name, it was Niomay Starkiller. Niomay was once his pad wan, back in the waning days of the Republic. He smiled, though deep down inside he felt unbearable embarrassment, “Master Starkiller, how are you, I haven’t seen you since the battle of Hoth! What rank are you?”
“I am a Jedi Master, and I have just taken on my first padwan. Finis Gilmy. He is a eager learner!”
“much like you no? I remember back then before the Empire, how jittery you used to be about dueling practice, and when we came out, you were sweaty and dirty, and yes… you were still just as eager!”
Niomay smiled a little embarrassed herself, “well, I must get going, I am giong to meet Grand Master Luke Skywalker, it was nice to see you again!” she walked away, she was so graceful, she would put a Nubian Queen to shame…
He turned on his heel, and briskly stepped away. Teran often found it easy to concentrate in a enviorment like this. Though he was a bit scared to think about his chances at being apprenticed.

Teran Jowas
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:30:10 PM
as he walked down the hallways, he thought to himself, I’m the oldest of all the padawans here... and probably all the Knights! what am i doing, i should be a Master by now! he calmed himself and though about a teaching Yoda (on Dagobah, before Master Luke arrived) had thought him..." the most insignificant things affect us... the way the wind blows... it all makes us up... listen to your heart and you will find a way through your problems..."

Teran walked down the hall, still looking down. I guess he was worried what he’d find. But he tried to look up on the temple, because to him, it was so beautiful. He often tried to compare the Old Republic to the New Republic, it interested him to see how different the Republic had become. Perhaps it is better than the original, it seemed to have everything minus corruption… of course there was always people like Borsk Fey’La. He particularly disliked the former Chief of State, and though he was a Jedi (which he questions) he was rather happy to see Fey’La die. But he would never admit to his questioning of himself. It wasn’t the “Jedi Way.” Teran was almost overconfident about his leaving the dark side and coming back to the light. Many might call him arrogant, and question how he was a ever a Jedi Master in the first place… he walked into the Nav-Room, this was often his favorite place in the Temple to be…
It was so peaceful…