PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Millar fight to not play in Japan

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:54:35 PM
Not sure if anybody heard about this but Kevin Millar is a 1b/of who played with the Florida Marlins last year well he basically got screwed by his former team, which should come as no surprise to you JMK as the owner is Lorie (ex owner of the Expos). Millar is good player hit .300 20 Hr last year but the Marlins were looking to cut payroll and get some money so they told him they were selling him to Japan and he had no choice. They said nobody wanted him and he had to go to Japan. Well he believed them, and agreed, they then put him on Waivers which is usually a formality, but the Red Sox claimed him. At first he refused the claim but then he decided he wanted to play with Boston. Boston then tried to work out compensation with the Japanesse Team, well MLB steped in and said they couldn't do it he would have to be posted and teams would have to submit bids.
The Japanesse team though wouldn't post him, well Millar then decided that he wouldn't play with them and said he was not going to Japan if he had to he would find other work (part of it his wife is worried about the possible war and being in Japan during it). Well finally the Japanesse team has decide to release or post him it gets confusing about that here is a story on it

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0205/1504201.html

First off it shows that Lorie is a jerk I mean he lied to this player because they were several teams interested him, including the Red Sox (the Red Sox have been trying to get him for months) but he was luried by the money that this team gave to him which shows he is got to be the worst owner in baseball. Second really MLB needs to let Boston and this team work out a trade, it would be good for both teams otherwise this poor team will get shafted they lose out the money because of the jerk Lorie, Boston is willing to give them the money they had to give up and a player in return why not just let them do it??

Taylor Millard
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:38:07 AM
YOu know I remember hearing about this.

This just sounds like a goofy-<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> owner who needs to be fired.

Kinda like the Bungles owner.

Sene Unty
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:49:49 AM
The Marlins are a joke....always have been and always will be....come to think about it, most of the teams in Miami are too.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:20:19 AM
Its worse for them now, actually their last owner Henry was very good but he wanted the Red Sox more so they did a little switch a roo and sent the Montreal Owner there, and he is the one who ruined that franchise. I hope they work this out, he got screwed and the Red Sox seem to really want him, I hope they can work it out for him to go there.

JMK
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:42:06 PM
What???? Jeffrey Loria lied?????
WTF is going on here! He is a man of integrity beyond reproach! He would never screw anyone!

What? Oh you mean THAT Jeffrey Loria. Yeah, he would eat his children alive and swallow them whole if it meant he could shaft someone and scam some more money.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:10:18 PM
LOL, JMK I knew you would feel that way :) He is a scumbag.