PDA

View Full Version : Outside sparing (Open to all)

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:23:06 PM
Drake walked outside into the garden of the academy. The grass wass green and there were very few people outside so sparing would be great. Drake took out his sword and swung it around waiting for an oppent.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:59:37 PM
NaColu decided to take his first steps into the Academy, and he found himself in the Sparring Grounds. He looked at the many Jedi and trainees in a variety of lessons. He seen one Jedi standing alone. NaColu walked up the young man.

"This is my first time in a spar, but I would love to give it a shot."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:19:19 PM
Drkae stood there lying on a tree, his head was looking downwards. As the man spoke DRake only lifted his eyes. He pushed himself of the tree and looked at him.

"Im Drake lonerunner nice to meet you, i was thinking of having a lightsaber spar, are you up for the challenge"

Drake smiled and pulled out his saber igniting one side. The green bean came out tree meters long. Drake moved back a bit and swung a few practice swing in the air.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:17:34 PM
(Jubei approached the pair of Padawans, and bowed, extending a cupped left hand over a fisted right hand in a traditional Calanic gesture of salutation.)

Greetings, Padawans.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:42:53 PM
Drake saw the master and unignited his saber and bowed to him.

"Greeting Master Jedi, and how are you this fine day?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:47:44 PM
I am well. However, I do not believe it is wise for you two to spar against each other so early in your training. The chance of an accident is too great.

(He smiled)

If you still wish to spar, I can join in, and supervise your techniques.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:57:13 PM
Drake grined

"It may seem im inexperienced but i have been training with a sword as long as i can remember. I am a highly skilled swords man tought by the best."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:58:36 PM
Perhaps. Nevertheless, it is prudent to respect your teacher's judgment in this.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:03:02 PM
"And yet you judge when you have never met me"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:04:25 PM
A teacher's task is to judge. They alone truly know if their students grasp the knowledge they give.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:08:29 PM
"But you are not my Master or teacher therefore not knowing the knowledge i posses, but if you wish to truly know of the amount of knowledge i posses in the arts of a swords man then i challenge you in a friendly spar, but only if you wish of course"

Drake bowed his head, hopng he did not affend him in any way

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:14:32 PM
It is true, I am not your master. But Master is not prerequisite to Teacher. There is far more knowledge than there are minds to possess it all. The Knights and Masters of the Order are all well capable of being teachers, even if you only call one "Master".

(Jubei smiled, and paused)

And I accept your challenge, Padawan.

(With a swan's grace, Jubei arced his arms into a rhythmic and slow kata, squaring his feet equidistant to his shoulders. One thing the Padawan would most likely notice first was that Jubei had not drawn his lightsaber....because he didn't carry one, or any other weapon for that matter.)

GraNi NaColu
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:41:10 PM
NaColu looked at the two men, and decided to stand back and watch the spar. He knew not to interfere on this one, so he stood back and took a few pointers.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:42:19 PM
(Jubei looked to GraNi)

You may participate as well. Teamwork is an important lesson to learn.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:00:57 PM
NaColu looked at Jubei and bowed. He pulled his saber out and waited for the two to make their move.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:00:40 PM
Instead of ignitinghis saber he trew it on the side as well as all of his other weapons. Drake then took of his armor and bowed. He went into his fight stance. He then dashed towards Jubei. Drake jumped kicked him but quickly evaded the attack. they both sttod there looking at one another

"I do not know why you don't fight with a weapon, but if you chose to fight that way so will I"

As he spoke Drake feel to the floor and trip him.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:34:38 AM
NaColu looked at the two Jedi's and did just the same. He looked at his saber, and tossed it to the side. He ran towards the two, and jumped in between them.

"You guys aren't thinking about starting this little shin-dig without me, are ya?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:41:33 PM
My choice in fighting unarmed is a philosophical one. I am more than capable of fighting you, even with your weapons. I do not believe in instruments of death and their use by protectors of life.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:37:41 PM
"My weapon is my life, as tought to me by my master many years before, he also tought me to never take those un-armed"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:18:26 PM
Very well.

(Jubei nodded, and glanced to GraNi)

I am ready.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:33:40 PM
At that very moment, GraNi received a letter from Dasquian.

It read:

"GraNi NaColu, your training will begin at 07:00 in the padawan training grounds. Be prepared, bring your mind, faith, and determination with you. No need to worry about the Force, for it is with all the Jedi. Bring with you the saber that which you found. May the Force be with you."

NaColu was astonished at the letter. He looked over at Jubei.

"I am sorry, but I can't do this now. I hope you understand."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:45:52 PM
Drake looked at at him go and sent a menatal message

good bye my friend

Drake then looked at jubei

"So are we gonna finish this fight or sit here all day talking?"