PDA

View Full Version : TIE Devil

Val Torre
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:35:28 AM
I've searched and searched both here and Meras only to come up with nothing with regards to the TIE Devil; if anyone has any info on this starfighter please do speak up. I'd like stats and if possible a background for these ships.

Thanks in advance.

Taylor Millard
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:37:25 AM
Yoink:

Class: TIE Devil
Length: 3 meters
Height: 3 meters
Shields: 0
Hull: 5 RU
Speed: 166 MGLT
Hyperdrive: None

--Weapons Systems--
SFS L-s6:1 (Rapid-Fire)
Light Ion Cannon:1 (Rapid-fire)

Val Torre
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:07:53 AM
Graci, and how would they compare to the TIE Advanced fighters as used in Shadow Squadron?

Sean Piett
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:30:55 PM
I'm not sure how the Shadow Squadron is equipped, but TIE Devils are very fast, very cheap, very small, and fire at a very fast rate.

Dinaer
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:27:45 PM
Question out of curiosity. I have never heard of a TIE Devil before. What does one look like?

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:33:16 PM
I'll be sure to tell you when I find out. :lol

Sean Piett
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:05:55 PM
Simple sphere, unless I'm mistaken.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:40:05 PM
How on earth would that little sphere fly about? Or are the solar arrays on TIE fighters only there to recharge the batteries and nothing more? If the solar arrays really are just for recharging batteries, then how do the TIEs fly in the atmosphere?

Can you tell that I am suddenly interested?

Sean Piett
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:46:51 PM
Visc is a very smart individual, and I'm sure he's figured it out.

Concerning the energy, it's possible that the solar panels are outdated by now.

Taylor Millard
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:10:36 AM
THis is a droid fighter but the way I see them is a smaller version of this.

http://galactic-voyage.com/Dark%20Side-Starfighters-Tie%20Droid%20Fighter.htm

I doubt it's just a sphere...imho atleast.

Nevlonniel
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:49:35 PM
Wei - Actually, TIEs (with those huge solar panels of there's), don't do all that well in atmosphere to begin with (they're unstable... not a LOT unstable, but enough that it makes maveuverability an issue). They're mostly used for dogfighting in space, as the Empire has other flying vehicles for atmosphere.

Taylor Millard
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:25:38 PM
I know that TIEs can be flown in the atmosphere but probably not a very unstable one.

We've seen 'em flying over Tatooine and Coruscant so they do have some atmospheric capabilities.

(They flew in the atmosphere in the TIE FIGHTER game and Rebel Assault II)

AmazonBabe
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:50:26 PM
I didn't say they COULDN"T fly in atmosphere... I said the solar panels made it awkward for them. Basically, I was comparing their atmosphere abilities to that of X-Wings... X-Wings do a heck of a lot better in an atmosphere than the TIEs do. Atmosphere equals drag. But in space (no drag) the TIEs do much better than the X-Wigs in the sense they have greater speeds and maveuverability.

Taylor Millard
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:37:01 PM
Oh I know. I think that's why they made the newer models with the bent wings. Better stability while going through the atmosphere.

But yeah I'd prefer to be in a X-Wing than a TIE in an atmospheric battle. :)

Sean Piett
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:18:15 PM
Unless it was a TIE Raptor.:)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:39:59 PM
TIE Raptor? what's that thing?

Admiral Lebron
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:07:00 PM
A ship about the size of a TIE Devil that had a human pilot.