PDA

View Full Version : Post your tips for the ill here.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:47:48 PM
Post here your biggest tips for those sick. Here are a few of mine...

- Don't take Robitussin. I can't stress that enough.
- Don't talk to anyone on the phone. You can't believe some of the things you'll say to your friends when you're drugged up on Tylanol Cold pills.
- Watch where you walk. I stepped on the remote control because I was so out of it. That didn't feel too good.

I'll keep posting more as they come to me...

Marga Alton
Feb 4th, 2003, 09:30:40 PM
-Drink lots of the pink Ginger Ale (Can't remember what flavour it is, but it really helps)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:49:55 PM
- Whenever I have a sore throat I find it soothing to eat salty, salty, crackers. It's like gargling with salt water. Also, try and just take salt straight too.

- Take plenty of vitamin C. Truely, it's one of the best things you can do.

- Drink lots of water. Always have a glass of it nearby or in your hand. Most carbonated drinks won't do much for your throat, or sickness, or anything. Water, water, water.

- Sometimes, or atleast I do, you'll get odd cravings. Like usually I like pickles, olives, and tomatoes when I'm sick. If you get some odd craving, indulge it. It might be your body telling your mind what nutrients it needs.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:10:06 AM
SLEEP! Rest is good for you. And try to kep a positive mindest too.

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:32:06 AM
If you have a stomach flu, drink grape juice and nothing but grape juice. It keeps nutrients in you, and in a worse case scenario, isn't too bad to throw up.

For every other ailment, drink whiskey. I kid you not.

Oriadin
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:33:34 AM
I'll drink to that!

*Raises glass before falling off stool (without spilling a drop)*

Sage Hazzard
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:40:34 PM
Though of course if you're taking some kind of prescription drug for an sickness, alchohol might not be a wise choice. I don't know much about the subject though.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:00:07 PM
If you have a cold, drink lots of Orange Juice! It really helps to take care of you!

Also, nice hot, loooong showers seem to help. Boil some water or run a humidifier if you're cold all the time -- it saves on heat bills too. :)

Blow your nose constantly if it is plugged and so you don't get a chapped nose, get some tissues with Aloe Vera in it. You'll feel soooo much better.

Don't take Nyquil for day problems or you'll become disoriented and bleh.

Crackers are good and so is cherry 7-Up! :) They always make me feel better when I am sick. Eating toast with nothing on it or maybe a little jelly is good too -- but if you have the stomach flu, avoid the dairy products. ;)

Oh and one more thing -- if you're sick and you feel like throwing up but don't want to -- do it anyway, you may feel better (either that or I'm just weird) :lol

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:14:26 PM
Oh, and if you have stomach stuff, like you might throw up, I recommend Ginger Ale. The carbonation in the drink will take all that extra pressure in you and make you burp. I think that's how my step-dad explained it.

Also, Chicken Noodle soup, with a little pepper mixed in. I have no idea why, but chicken noodle soup helps alot.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:31:16 AM
Whine to your mum to take care of you ^_^; That is, if you live with your mum. When you're sick, it's always nice to have someone to make you soup and stuff :)