PDA

View Full Version : Bring me to life. [open]

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:31:21 PM
It was funny how the emotion of man often completely altered his decisions and more so than not changed the course in his life -- rather it be for the better or worse. That emotion, to some a blessing and to others a curse, and then to that small portion it was an emotion that was nonexistent. Love it was, something which Grev had no prior actuality or even relevance for; but now it was something he had an unhealthy desire of hatred for.

Not even weeks before, his ascent in the ranks of the Order were more than optimistic, and for once it was something his honor and loyalty had subsisted in for what he thought of as an eternity. But, it was bizarre how that all came to change. The emotions of another man proved stronger than his dedications, and so be it the blood of his peer was shed to preserve the love of another he held so dearly.

It hadn't been but a day or so, as he still lie almost motionless in the febrile desert, his skin still being scorn by the hot sand. Yet, his body was still too weak to move. His vision was still a bit hazy, but he could make out the crimson rivulets forming down his face, and flooding into a puddle where his mouth buried itself in the sand.

Accompanying the numbered cuts and bruises adorning his face and body, the scent of burnt flesh rolled off his clothing; as if his entire body had endured the surge of some form of lightning. He had been stripped of everything he owned, excluding his charred clothing. His weapons were gone, as if he had the strength to put them to use anyhow.

All of this, due to the emotions of a trusted comrade. Love interfered with loyalty, and he was on the receiving end of it all. He had been left for dead, and underestimated by his opposers. He was still alive, but consciousness wasn't consistent. There hadn't been a soul for miles, and it became clear his fate rested in the desolateness of this desert. Here he would die, slowly, and all he could do was pile onto the amount of animus he was creating. He thought of every possible way of extracting it, being it was the only thing he could grasp that resembled hope. It was revenge that was keeping him alive.

(Ooc) This is welcome to anybody that wants to reply, I don't really care what happens. Grev's presumed dead, and this is supposed to occur directly after a fight he had with Malice.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:59:22 PM
The two suns of the planet slowly set over the horizion, letting loose the creatures that roamed the nights of this planet. It was then that the small bit of hope came in the form of someone that had lost hope long ago.

Kaytor walked from the caverns that had protected her over the day from the hated suns of the planet. She walked over the desert. Her dark cat like eyes drifted over the lands as she walked. She suddenly spotted something on the ground several feet infront of her.

The vampyre quickened her pace and soon reached the mangled body of Grev. She looked down at the mortal and checked to see if he was still alive. He was but barely. The night would soon become to cold for him to survive. She lifted him up with the force and brought him back to the cave that she had stayed in.

An hour or so later, Kaytor had him layed down on a simple bed made of several blankets. Two had been layed over him and a fire nearby was set. Kaytor left some food beside him incase he woke while she was out getting her own food.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:37:24 PM
A pair of eyes watched the vampyress leave the cave. Hob did not actively hide himself like he once had. He simply remained still and let the rock and sand of the surroundings conceal him.

Once his senses told him that Kaytor had moved off a sufficient ways, Hob began his own approach. Scuttling through the sand was easy, and the dwarf deliberately left tracks.

The open sky of night gave way to the enclosure of the cave. Hob did not have to go far to find the injured body of Grev Drasen. Looking down upon him was like looking down upon an animal that had been cooked over an open flame for eating. The boy muttered and stirred

Ignoring the rank smell of burned flesh, Hob bent forward and placed a hand on Grev's forehead. The Force whispered and Grev fell still again, deep within a healing trance that would keep him asleep for another pair of hours at least. When he woke, he would feel more rested by far than if he'd been through a simple, normal sleep.

And furthermore, he would feel a touch of recognition when their minds next encountered each other.

Hob sniffed the air inside the cave and then leapt into the air. His small form disappeared into the shadows on the ceiling and this time, the Force came and concealed him from prying senses.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:17:46 PM
Kaytor walked back into the cavern but stopped at the mouth of it. She stared at the ground for a moment. The sand had been disturbed while she was gone but the tracks only went in. She carefully walked into the cave and looked around. She followed the tracks with her eyes to where they stopped. She looked up at the ceiling of the place but saw nothing. She knew someone was in there but she did not know where.

Kaytor kept her smell and hearing open as she walked over to Grev. She checked to make sure he was still breathing and alive. He was so she sat on the other side of the fire where the light fades and the shadows begin. She sits there and watches him, waiting for their "guest" to show themselfs or for Grev to awaken.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 4th, 2003, 08:04:39 PM
A grumble escaped from Grev's lips as he finally awoke from his trance like sleep. Glancing around, he was still a bit incoherent, but he was sound enough to realize that his surroundings had changed—and almost immediately he sensed the presence of another.

With a slur of coughs, a portion of blood spilled out onto his bottom lip. He drug his forearm across his mouth, then quickly tried to his feet before falling right back to the ground. He grasped his head in pain, as the entire room seemed to be spinning.

“Why?”

It was the only word he mumbled, not even knowing exactly where his subject was. But he knew they were there, and he knew they hadn't wanted him dead; or at least not yet anyway. Silence seemed to mock him, as he kept his head bowed, still clutching at his temples. He growled again.

“Why did you do it?”

After a bit, his vision slowly became in tact once again. His eyes brushed the room carefully, picking up the position of the vampiress. Still, he couldn't quite make her out fully.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 4th, 2003, 08:50:35 PM
"I could have let you die out there. I hear that it is hard to survive going from one major temperature to another for you."

She walks over to him and checks his wounds. They had healed quickly. She guessed by the aid of their guest that had yet to show themself. She placed her hand on his shoulder and assisted in the healing.

"Your wounds are deep. You need to rest for a while. There is food beside you. I will be nearby if you need anything. I never travel far for it is hard to tell when the suns come up on this hell of a planet."

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:02:07 PM
“That's what you hear, is it?”

As she reached for his shoulder he quickly drew back, evading her touch. Backing up, he tried pulling to his feet once again. He pressed his back against the wall and dug his feet into the ground, picking himself up from the floor of the cavern.

“What has my death to do with you, then?”

He inquired with a bitterness in his voice. After everything that had happened to him he still was in no position of trusting—even one who chose to save him from death; even if her motives weren't as righteous as they seemed.

At the same time, something seemed to be digging inside the depths of his mind. A presence, which seemed all to familiar to him, yet he still could not place it.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:36:30 PM
"Alot of deaths have to do with me. Yours though I will more than likely have nothing to do with. I am Kaytor Surna. A vampyre. Now if you will tell me who you are and where you currently live, I can take you back. Unless you wish to die here."

She stands up and walks over to the mouth of the cave. She glances out at the dark night. She soon returns.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:47:45 PM
For a moment, he just stood staring at her. Attempting to recall what exactly last happened to him before he went unconscious. Back to the fight he had with Malice on the streets. He lifted his head back to her and spoke, his voice seeming to ease a bit.

“A vampyre, huh?” he scoffed, a bit of laughter showing as he spoke, “Guess you could say I have a bit of a bad history with them.”

“I'm Grev—” he stopped. Maybe he was being a tad bit paranoid, but his name didn't sound like such a good idea. There was no telling how many hits were out on his head if he resurfaced. Malice had a secret to keep, and surely he wouldn't pull out any stops in keeping sure it stayed one. “Forget it.”

“My home's gone,” he quickly averted the subject, allowing his eyes to now freely roam the cavern. “And frankly, I'd rather die here than to return there.”

“You never answered me,” he watched as she began for the entrance of the cave, but he didn't bother following her.

“I was left for dead. Why did you even bother?”

Kaytor Surna
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:05:14 PM
"Because I know what it is like to be left for dead. My question is, who left you for dead?"

She leaned back against the wall of the cavern and looked around at the ceiling. She could still tell that someone was in here. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at every shadow.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:15:28 PM
“It's not important,” he dismissed the question rather quickly, eyeing the girl as she seemed to be searching for something.

“Why do you look to the shadows?”

Drasen pushed from the wall he was leaning on. He now felt relaxed, and the pain was seemingly gone. Stepping infront of the girl, he was now within feet from her. Through the curtain of shuffled hair, a pair of eyes were fixated on her—as if they were doing the questioning all to themselves.

“Those that cling to the shadows usually wish not to be found,” he cackled, still not relieving his eyes from her.

“Out of all people you should know that, vampyre.”

Kaytor Surna
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:21:14 PM
Kaytor's eyes shifted from the shadows to the man infront of her. Her dark green eyes watched him before she responded. He noticed that every once in a while, black shadow like forms dodged across the iris of her eyes.

"I relise that most who stick to the shadows do not wish to be seen but that does not dismiss the fact that they are there. Why? Do you know who is in the shadows."

Kaytor glanced out the cave entrance.

"You might as well make yourself comfortable. A sand storm is blowing up. It will be a while before we are able to leave."

As if it had known she was talking of it, a sharp wind blew past the cavern entrance creating a hollow moaning sound. She moved away from the man, hating to be too close to people. She walked back over to the fire and looked down at it.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:12:13 PM
Drasen grinned at her response. A somewhat crooked smile seemed to take form along that battered, scar-bathed face. He turned to watch her walk away; towards the fire she had built earlier. He didn't bother going after her, instead he turned to the mouth of the cave. A storm was surely brewing.

“I don't care who sits in the shadows,” he spoke gently, almost as a whisper. His back was still turned to her, facing the mouth of the cave, but his words were very much audible. “If anyone at all, that is.”

Even though he questioned it, Grev knew someone was accompanying them. Not just because of his Force sensitivity, but something reaching beyond that. It was a familiar presence, but at the same time something he had never encountered before. It made little sense, but at the point of his life now, nothing seemed to.

"You might as well make yourself comfortable. A sand storm is blowing up. It will be a while before we are able to leave."

“How can I get comfortable? I'm trapped in a cave with a vampyre.”

He wasn't much for humour, but he said it in a half-joking manner. Still, the thought of killing her hadn't passed his mind just yet.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:20:38 PM
"I won't bite, I promise."

She looked back at him and smirked lightly. She then turned back to the fire. She stared at it intently as if she saw something other than orange and gold flames. Perhaps she did. Then again, little is known of vampyres to mortals. She slowly ran her hand through the flames then pulled it back out, unscorched and untouched. She backed away from the flames and stood in the shadows, her eyes reflecting the light of the flames.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:34:16 PM
Drasen shrugged at her response, then slumped down against the wall of the cavern. It was apparent he wasn't going anywhere tonight, the storm seemed to forbid it. Sleep wasn't an option either, at least not while he was bunked with a vampyre.

He had little to say, but thoughts ran uncontrolled in his mind.

Reclining his head back, he propped it against the stone wall, forcing himself not to doze off. His eyes were wide open, staring up into the darkness which consumed the cave's ceiling. The night would be a slow one, and he still had no plans for morning.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:21:38 PM
Kaytor slowly slid her back down the cavern wall until she was sitting on the ground. She pulled her legs up and rested her head on her knees. She sighed lightly as she sat there, thinking. The sound of the wind outside and the breathing of the human kept destracting her. That and the beating of his head and the smell of his blood running through his veins. She rolled her eyes, hating her sensory skills. She leaned back against the wall again.

She looked over at the sith for a moment. She trusted him about as much as he trusted her. She did not exactly like sith. Then agian she did not exactly like jedi. She no longer had a side to like and hate. She was just there, another figure in the shadows.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:08:18 PM
Hob could feel Kaytor's attention to detail waning, could feel her thoughts focussing inward. The small creature assumed she was thinking of blood and feeding, but there was no way to know for certain without actively invading her mind.

A sudden gust of wind blew in from outside and the fire flickered out. Kaytor's eyes adjusted to nightvision and suddenly, there was a soft thud and something else was there. Someone else there.

Hob leaned against the rock wall of the cave and shook his head. He extended a palm and fire leapt forth in great gouts. The flamethrower effect ended after fifteen seconds, leaving the fire fuel roaring and cracking.

Then he leaned back into the shadows of the wall, obscuring himself slightly but not hiding.

Kaytor Surna
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:26:57 PM
Kaytor was to her feet in seconds. Her eyes adjusted within seconds, changing to that of a cats until the fire was relit. She drew her saber and activated the blood red blade. She watched the small figure dodge back to the shadows. She watched it this time, waiting to see if it would go back to hiding. Once it didn't she lowered her saber but did not deactivate it.

"Who are you? I can tell you are another dark sider."

She glanced at Grev then back to the samll form. Her eyes had turned blood red and her fangs began to extend. She was prepared to battle if the being desided to attack.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:28:51 AM
"Good fer ye," Hob growled softly. He looked pointedly towards the swirling sands outside the cave mouth. "D'ye enjoy travelling in sand-swirls?"

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:56:15 PM
Drasen was on his feet no later than the vampire, but his attention was not too fixated on the sudden disturbance like hers. It was something expected. The shadows couldn't provide company enough for too long. His eyes lingered to the red glow of Kaytor's lightsaber before turning to the Hobgoblin.

"You..." he paused, an odd presence consumed him. This being was strikingly familiar, but he could not place him at all. But an odd creature like this couldn't be misplaced in memory. Surely he would have remembered.

"What do you want?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:05:10 PM
"Shelter from storms," Hob said. He looked at Grev. "What do you want?"

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:37:43 PM
“Revenge,” Drasen did not hesitate with his reply. It was the sole thought which had been coursing through his mind all night, and all of his time spent withering away in the desert.

“That is all I want. All I will ever need.”

Kaytor Surna
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:17:04 PM
"A thing that most people wish for. Even jedi but they never go after it. Who do you wish revenge against?"

Kaytor's gaze had quickly gone to Grev. Her eyes were sharp and emotionless as she looked at the human. Her saber deactivated and she hooked it back to her belt.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:34:47 PM
"The one who left him for dead," Hob said quietly. His head tilted. "A revenge you may not have had, if dead you had been."

The dwarf sat on a nearby rock and stared into the fire. Hopefully, Grev would reach the conclusions Hob wanted him to reach.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:59:12 PM
“I am here in the flesh, now.”

He responded, his eyes following Hob's to the fire. He knew the creature was possibly responsible for his well-being, and for that he was thankful, but he had no intentions of lending his trust to any.

“What reasons of helping me do you have? I know nothing of you.”

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:16:00 PM
"Know me, you do," Hob told him. "And know you, I do. A meal, on Coruscant, once we had. Saw your nature, I did. A nature I found worthy. And here, I happened upon you, your life almost extinguished. Save you, I did, to keep your existence in this plane."

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:47:48 PM
"Hob, was it?"

Not until now had it occured to him who the creature was, a being he had encountered on his journey to Coruscant some month or so ago. Hob was an enigma, and had a certain attraction to him - one Grev could not explain.

"My worth to you," he stated intrusively, "What good is it to me now?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:52:02 PM
(ooc) This is a post Grev and I cooked up together.

(ic)"There lies in all things the potential for change," Hob said. "Know a thing, know its possibilities, and know it anew."

"Tell me," Grev replied, "What possibilities it is you see?"

Hob peered at Grev. "You truly wish to know?"

"I ask only for what I desire. Tell me."

"Very well. I will meditate."

The dwarf closed his eyes and sat in a curious posture on the floor. The atmosphere between the three was quiet. Outside the cave, the wind blew and swirled, and eventually died down. Three hours after having begun, the dwarf opened his eyes. "I see you on Vjun," he said. "At this point, all your roads will lead you there."

"Vjun?"

Grev inquired with a hint of curiousity in his voice. He had only heard of such a place once or twice in his stay at the Order, a place they intended to not speak often about.

"What has Vjun for me?"

Hob's eyes widened mildly. "Even now, that is unclear. All I am certain of is that our bond will bring you there in the near future. What you find there will depend on how open your mind is when you arrive."

"When?"

Oddly enough, Grev's response surprised himself. At this point he had nothing in his life, and instinct was all he had to confide on.

"When shall you see me upon Vjun?"

Hob's eyes closed briefly, but this time he was not immersing himself in the deep and mysterious pathways of the future. He was simply consulting his recollection of it.

"I see you there a week hence, having fully considered whether my words are true. For even now, you hold yourself reserved, do you not? Untrusting. Disbelieving. That is you, now. In the end, only you will convince yourself."

Whether the Hob's recollections were unfound or not, Grev was buying into it all. A new beginning was forthcoming; and this perhaps was the oppertunity he needed. The worst ahead was death, and he had already faced it once.

"If I do, how will I find my way?"

"On the planet of Bothawui, you will meet a man with crimson hair and eyes. He will show you the way."

"He will find me, then?"

Hob stood up and began walking to the cave mouth. The storm had died off, after all, and there was little point in remaining. "No," he said over his shoulder. "You will find each other."

Grev said nothing more, he only stood watching the Hob exit. He was still unsure of his fate, but if Hob's words held true, he would be led to Vjun in due time