PDA

View Full Version : A letter from home.(open)

Garen Selore
Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:34:25 AM
Garen has spending large amount of time in his room since he got to the GJO. In fact he almost hasn't left it. His days spent, looking out the window, or looking at a small black box he found in his coat pocket, with a note from his mother saying, ' Don't loose this '. He has been wondering when his mother would have put it there, but it's the last thing his mother gave him, so he will do as she said, HE WILL NOT LOOSE IT!

He has now been here for 5 weeks. He is expecting a package from home. he hears a knock on the door, and gets up from the chair he has put by the window, and answers the door.

"Package for Garen Selore."

"Thank You. I'll take that."

Garen grabs the box.

"Please Sign here."

He signs at the proper spot.

" Here is a letter that goes with all that.... That will come to 58.75 credits for shipping & handling"

He takes The letter...and gets a look of sadness on his face.

"But I don't have any money sir."

"Well I don't care! Pay Up!"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:42:48 PM
Kyle had been walking down the hall and heard what the man had said

he walked up behind the man "hey ill pay for it" Kyle hands the man 58.74 credits and the man left.

Garen Selore
Feb 3rd, 2003, 04:25:00 PM
Garen takes his package inside and turns back to Kyle and smiles.

"Thank you very much sir. Is there any thing I can do to pay you back?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:08:28 PM
"well id like to know who you are my name is Kyle Krogen Jedi padawan" Kyle smiled warmly.

Garen Selore
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:21:34 PM
"I'm Garen, And I'm not sure what I am now. I was a stable boy at my parents place. But I'm not sure about anything, any more."

Rognan Dar
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:24:27 AM
Rognan had been strolling the LQ when he came close to Garens room and desided to visit him, see how he is doing. Upon coming to his room there was a man there not sounding friendly in the lest, and not the looks of a Jedi. He waited there to see what would happen. Then a younger lad came and gave the man some money. Strange, the thought to himself, as he continued to watch. Then th e boys started talking, he desided that this would be a good time to see Garen.

"Hello there, Garen. How are you doing?" The Lorrdian said, coming up to the pair. "And I see that you are meeting a fellow member of the Jedi." He started to smile, seing that he was doing quite well.

Garen Selore
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:48:44 AM
Garen looks up at Rognan and seems to get a little happer.

"Hi Rognan! Have you met...."

He thinks for a moment and look up at Kyle...and get a look of remembering on his face.

"Have you met Kyle before? He was really nice and payed for my package for me. I sent a message home to tell my friends that I'm here now and asked them to send me some of my things. I also asked for a report on how my parent are....but I think I already know, but I just wanted to be sure."

Garen Heads into his room going to the package that he just got, and takes it over to his bed.

"If the two of you want, you can come in and have a seat. There is the chair by the window, and there is always room on the bed and floor to sit."

He then starts to open his package.

Marga Alton
Feb 4th, 2003, 09:28:16 AM
Marga had been meaning to visit Garen for awhile now, but she had been busy with her training and trying to sort some things out in her head. She arrived at Garen's room when Rognan and Kyle were talking to him, but she decides anyway to visit him. He looked like he could use a bit more company so she speeds up and arrives at Garens room when Garen invites Rognan and Kyle in.

Hello Garen, how are you today?

Garen Selore
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:26:48 AM
Garen looks up from his package. He mumbles...

"Darn, the voices are here again..."

Then he realises that it was just Marga talking to him.. He looks over to the door, to see that Marga is now standing there.

"Hi Marga! I almost thought that you had forgot about me. You can come in as well, I'm just opening a package from home. Kyle was nice enough to pay for it for me. Do you know Kyle?"

Garen finshes opening his package, and pulls out a well used plush Ewok. He gives his Ewok a hug, then shows him to the others.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr. Yub Yub, he doesn't mind being called Yubie. And for as long as I can remember he has been my best friend."

Rognan Dar
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:49:26 PM
Rognan walked into the room and headed for the window. He looked outside. It was a beautiful day, one that made him want to spend the day just sitting in the sun. He turned back to the company that was getting larger and sat down.

"Yes, I have met Kyle before." Rognan looked at Marga and did a little head bow as a greeting.

"Mr. Yub Yub, huh. The only soft thing I had for a friend was Yarden, and she has been my best friend and still is. So, what news on your parents?"

Garen Selore
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:56:00 PM
"I haven't opened the letter yet. I'm kinda scared to. I.....I....almost don't want to know."

Rognan Dar
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:59:58 PM
"Do you want me to open it for you?" Rognan could understand what Garen was feeling, not because he had lost his parents, but just because he knew what being alone was like.

Garen Selore
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:46:44 PM
Garen pauses for a moment in thought....

"Ummmm....no...I think I'll open it....just after I finsh going through the package."

Garen continues to go through his package, pulling out some changes of clothes, and a framed picture of himself (sitting on a horse), his mother, and his father. He pauses as he looks a the picture. He is obvously holding back tears, and one manages to escape. He then puts the picture on the bed side table.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:38:05 PM
Kyle was sitting in the chair Garen had pointed out ofr him to sit in then Marga came in "Hello Marga nice to see you again"

he smiled when Garen showed them his plush ewok then when he saw that Garen was fight back tears Kyle's smile disapeared.

Marga Alton
Feb 4th, 2003, 09:21:11 PM
Marga smiles as she gets invited into Garens room.

Yes Garen, I know Kyle. He and I met awhile back.

Sorry I haven't been around to visit. I've kinda been busy.

Marga enters Garens room and does a very quick glance around.

Garen Selore
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:10:13 AM
When Marga looks around the room, she sees the bed, the dresser, the chair by the window, a nice view of a courtyard out the window, and a small black box beside the picture of his family on the bedside table.

Garen slowly opens the letter, then starts to read it. As he reads the letter, his eyes fill with tears.

Marga Alton
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:26:06 PM
Marga, as soon as she sees the tears in Garens' eyes, walks over to him and puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Garen Selore
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:16:29 PM
Garen hardly notices Marga touch him, and continues to cry.

"There gone, not even identifyable as who there are, it took 3 days for them to figure out which body was which."

Garen puts the letter down, and picks up the little black box on the bedside table.

"I don't even know why they were killed.... This was the last thing that my mother gave me... I don't even know when she gave it to me...I just found it in my jacket pocket, with a note telling me to keep it safe... I dont even know what this box is for.. It doesn't even have a side that opens."

Rognan Dar
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:33:28 PM
Rognan stood up and moved to sit on the other side of the bed, next to Garen. Rognan looks at the strange black box, seeing nothing special about it. Rognan picked up the letter and read it to himself. PLacing it back down he rapped a arm around Garen.

"Is there anything we can do to help you get through this?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:36:16 PM
Kyle still sat in his chair he didnt know what to say to Garen he got up and walked over to Garen "its going to be ok Garen" Kyle smiled softly.

Garen Selore
Feb 5th, 2003, 05:25:12 PM
"I don't know... Really I'd like to know why this happend..."

Garen looks back down at the box in his hand.

"I'd also like to know what this is, other than just a black box with some funny design on it."

Marga Alton
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:24:00 AM
Marga keeps a comforting hand on Garen's shoulder, not knowing what to say though she thinks she might be able to know more of the reason then the others, but she is not about to say since she has no proof. It is obvious to Rognan if he looks at her that she is thinking something over, but is doing a good job at hiding the fact that she is.

Rognan Dar
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:00:51 PM
"I dont know what it is either, Garen. You said that there isn't a opening of any kind?" He looked back at the box, also seeing nothing that looks like it could open.

"You haven't said much, Marga. What do you think it is?" Rognan lifted his head to look at Marga, seeing that she looked a little distant, like thinking of something.

Marga Alton
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:17:31 AM
Marga goes and takes a closer look at the black box when Rognan asks her what she thinks it is. After a moment, her eyes widen as she looks up from the box and looks at Garen.

I believe that this is what the Sith are wanting. You Mother probably gave it to you to keep it safe because she knew that if they tracked them down, they would want this back badly.

If my memory serves me correctly, your Mother gave you a Sith Holocron.

Garen Selore
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:21:58 AM
"Ok.....What's a holocron? And Why would they kill my parents to get it back? And why give it to me to keep safe"

Garen is still crying, but not as much.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:44:55 PM
Kyle looked closely at the box and he also had no idea what a holocron was.

Marga Alton
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:52:59 AM
A holocron is a system for storing knowledge, information, and teaching for force users. Sith Holocrons are just that, but the teachings which they hold are for Sith.

The Sith would kill anybody who has one who is not one of them to get it back. Sometimes they kill each other for them.

As for giving it to you to keep it safe, I can only guess, but my guess is that you Mother knew that the Sith were coming and since you were going out for awhile, she gave it to you to keep it away from the house and out of reach of the Sith.

Rognan Dar
Feb 9th, 2003, 12:28:43 AM
Rognan let out a thoughtful sigh.

"If they wanted it back that much, they might try and get it again." He said to noone, thinking outloud. "Would this be a safe thing to keep here, not just for Garen, but I mean the information. Would it be safe to see what it has?" He asked this question to Marga.

Marga Alton
Feb 9th, 2003, 10:37:55 AM
Yes, the Sith will probably try again to get it back. But first they will have to locate it again. But that probably won't take them long if they really want it back.

Where ever it is kept, will not be safe. As for the information, yes, I am curious about it, but it would be best to hand over the Sith Holocron to one of the Masters here.

Marga looks at Garen.

Ultimately Garen, you will have to decide what to do with it. You can keep it here with you. Or you can give it to one of the Jedi Masters to keep it safe. Personally, I would opt to give it to a Jedi Master because they are better trained to handle something as dangerous as that.

Garen Selore
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:36:38 AM
Has been listining to the others talk, and by this time Garen has stoped crying.

"My mother told ME to keep it safe! And really... it's just a box how dangerous can it be? And if they were looking for it, they would look on my homeworld first... and I didn't take a ship off the planet....They don't know where I went!"

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:53:00 PM
"Doesn't mean that they wont find you. They have ways, I hear, on finding what they want. But what if we could learn from this cube the ways of the sith, then we would have a better chance at beating them, no?"

Garen Selore
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:28:54 PM
Garen gets a confused look on his face.

"But is we learnd there ways wouldn't that make us one of them?"

Marga Alton
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:27:03 AM
Marga shakes her head slightly as she answers quite calmly Garen's questions.

The box itself is not dangerous Garen. It's the information inside it which makes it dangerous. The Sith will find it here. And they will do there best to take it from you. To a Force user, whether it's Sith or Jedi, each have there own way of tracking ppl. If there is something that the Sith want, they will not rest until they have it in there hands again.

Yes Garen, they will search your homeworld first, and in the process cause alot of damage to everyone and everything that is there. But that will only happen for as long as they think that it is there. When they find out that it's not there, then they just might do more damage or if we are lucky, they will just leave. The message you sent home could very well be what leads them here, but here, we are all protected by each other. Sure some of us are just padawans right now, but we can still help one another out.

If you are still wanting to keep the Sith Holocron yourself to keep it safe, then I suggest you mention it to the Council so that they can help keep you safe if need be.

Marga shakes her head slightly.

Rognan, yes learning the information inside the Holocron would help us understand the Sith. If it didn't turn us to be one of them. One thing though that I do not know is how to access the information from a Holocron, Jedi or Sith.

Garen Selore
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:26:28 AM
"Sooo... What you are trying to tell me is that the people that killed my parents may be on there way here, and that I maybe lead them here by sending a message home? Your also trying to tell me that what is in the box could hurt us?

And one other question....Who is the Council, and why and how would I talk to them?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:33:25 PM
Rognan was sitting quietly thinking until Garen asked what the council was.

"The Council, Garen, is a group of people, in this case Jedi Masters, that answer questions, debate about a topic, stuff like that. Though I haven't seen them myself, I here that they are very wise."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:56:21 PM
Kyle had been silent for a while listening to there conversation now he spoke "yes we must take this to the council now or we might risk it being taken back by its owners."

Garen Selore
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:31:25 PM
"How would we go about contacting the council"

Marga Alton
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:51:00 PM
Marga nods her head.

In short yes Garen. We could go about contacting the Council in a couple of ways. One, we could ask to see them. Two, we could just go to the Council chamber and see if they are there, if so, see if they will see us at that time.

Garen Selore
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:32:44 PM
"But Where Is the Council chamber?!"

(OOC: I Really Don't know!!)

Marga Alton
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:02:53 AM
The Council chambers are in the Temple. If you want, we will take you there.

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2003, 01:35:38 PM
OOC: I am getting you acces there now...

Garen Selore
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:43:01 PM
Originally posted by Marga Alton
The Council chambers are in the Temple. If you want, we will take you there.

"Do you really think that they could help?"

Marga Alton
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:00:42 AM
Marga nods her head slightly.

Yes, I do think that they could help. They are here to help us when we need it, so yes, I think they could help.

Garen Selore
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:28:24 AM
"But wouldn't they try to take the box away from me? I was told to protect it....Not give it away!"

Rognan Dar
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:06:01 PM
"Yes, they may take it, but I have no idea what they will do or say. They might just say, guard it well, and be done with it, how knows."

Garen Selore
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:26:59 PM
"I'm still confused with why we nead to see these people."

Marga Alton
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:05:39 PM
Yes Garen, they may try to take the Sith Holocron away from you, but you will have the option of refusing to give it to them and I doubt that they would force it from you.

The Council will be able to help you keep the Sith Holocron safe. And with having the Sith Holocron here with you, the Council has the right to know that it is here in case the Sith do attack.

Garen Selore
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:21:43 AM
"But what if they try to force it from me?! If they are strong enough to stop the people that killed my family, than I couldn't stop them from taking it from me!"

Marga Alton
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:09:22 AM
If they try to force it from you, then they aren't being very Jedi like. It was given to you to protect, and if they want to keep it safe, then they will help you protect it.

And I will be willing to stand up beside you to keep them from taking it from you if you don't want to give it to them.

Garen Selore
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:58:35 AM
"You would really stand up to your masters like that?''

Garen get's a questioning look on face.

"What do you meen by Jedi Like? I'm still not even sure what jedi are! and I've signed up to get training as one!"

Garen lets himself fall backwards onto his bed, put the Holocron on his bedside table, grabs a pilow from his bed, pulls it tightly to his face, And screems with frustration.

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:27:11 PM
Rognan could imagen the frustration Garen felt. When he joined he was not fully sure what the Jedi were, but now that he has been here for sometime he know more a bout them every day.

"You will know what it means to be a Jedi when you get a master. But for the mean time, you should ask other members of the Jedi what it means to be one. Each one has there own opinion on the matter, and everyone is here for a slitly diffrent reason. But I think it would be a good thing to do untill you have a Master." Rognan said, trying to change the subject off of the Holocron.

Garen Selore
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:55:20 PM
Garen takes the pillow off his face.

"Why would anybody want to be a master to a stupid little know nothing like me?"

Marga Alton
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:53:18 AM
A couple of reason's Garen. First, you're a bright intellegient young person. Second, you can use the Force. Third, you aren't a stupid little no nothing. You know quite alot I'd guess, just by the way you act and the questions you ask.

Marga knows that deep down, she would be more then willing to stand up to the Council if need be. In this case, she would stand up to them if she had to.

Garen Selore
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:31:40 PM
"your only just saying that cause you don't really know me."

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:04:36 PM
"Yes, your right. We dont know you as well as we would like, but that doesn't mean from what we do know. I know your not stupid, and Marga knows it, too. You are quite smart and strong in the force. I wouldn't be surprised if you become a great jedi knight." Rognan smiled down at Garen. He layed down next to him and whispered in his ear. "If I were a knight...I would take you as my aprentice."

Garen Selore
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:52:19 AM
Garen Smiles

"Would you really take me on as a padawan?"

Garen looks back down at the Holocron on his bedside table.

"So I take it that all of you think I should take this box to the Council?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:05:34 PM
"You have heard what we have said, Garen, its what you want to do now, not us." Rognan didn't want to be rude, but the time for talking was over and the time for action was now.

Garen Selore
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:14:29 PM
"Well if it is really dangerous, I guess that they have the right to know it's here. Will the group of you go to the council with me?"

Marga Alton
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:30:51 PM
Marga nods her head slighty.

Yes Garen, I shall go with you to the Council like I said I would if that was what you decided.

Garen Selore
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:03:37 PM
"Well I guess so.... could one of you lead the way?"

Garen gets off his bed, puts his shoes on, and picks up the Sith Holocron.

"So.. when do we go?"

Marga Alton
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:02:45 PM
All of us could lead the way there for you, but I shall unless someone else wants to.

Marga turns and opens up the door and steps out of the room, waiting for the others to follow.

Garen Selore
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:26:38 AM
Garen walks out the door following Marga

(OOC:Who will start the new thread?)

Kyle Krogen
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:48:14 PM
"Lets go" Kyle followed behind Garen