PDA

View Full Version : Nothing up my sleeve...(Elena)

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:33:00 AM
Soen stands in the same park on Coruscant that he has frequented since he was a child. For once, he's not sitting at his bench, performing feats of magic for the passers-by. Instead, he's sitting at the edge of the enclosed transparisteel dome, idly making objects appear and disappear. He flicks his wrist and produces a ball. He flicks it again and comes forth with a credit chit. He takes his hat off and spins it around, and produces his lunch. taking his sandwich and soda from within the cap, he begins to eat, staring out at the city vista with quiet light in his eyes. The surface of the glass is semi-reflective, and he can see someone approach.

"Hello."

He snaps his fingers and comes up with another drink.

"Care to join me for lunch?"

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:32:15 PM
“I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable eating lunch that’s been pulled from a hat. There could have been any number of rabbits in there with it.”

Elena smiled. As was so often now, what she said could be misconstrued as rude, so she always softened her expression somewhat. At this point she held up a small bag of some meat sandwiches and a bottle of what looked like strawberry smoothie.

“Wouldn’t mind the company though,” Elena added as she sat down, beginning to unscrew the top off of her ‘smoothie’.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:34:59 PM
"No rabbits...I used to pull rabbits from my hat, but they have a tendency to kick me on occassion."

He kicks off one shoe and upends a small rabbit onto the grass.

"Now if it gives me trouble, I can kick it right back."

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:39:47 PM
The little rabbit hopped across towards the magician, wrinkling its little pink nose and twitching its little cotton tail. Elena couldn’t help but feel hungry.

“I don’t imagine it can be very comfortable to keep a rabbit in your shoe, especially with all the little ‘presents’ its bound to leave for you in there.” :D

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:44:48 PM
"Presents? Oh no, he knows better than to do that. I let him out three times a day to eat and do his business."

Soen takes a bite of his sandwich and pops the tab on his soda. He takes a drink, then remembers that they haven't introduced one another.

"My name is Soen."

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:47:47 PM
“Elena.”

Mimicking Soen, the Lupine carefully extracts one sandwich from her bag and takes a dainty bite, her fangs elongating very slightly out of instinct.

“So is this what you do for a living, Soen? Wow people with your magic act and ability to house train – or should I say shoe train – rabbits?”

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:56:02 PM
Soen laughs lightly.

"Shoe training rabbits is not a skill that many would call marketable. I perform minor magic--parlor tricks, really--for fun, and to see people marvel at magic."

He pauses, taking a bigger bite of sandwich to prolong his explanation. He'd really rather not tell his job.

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:31:39 PM
A third party silently padded up to the bench, causing the rabbit to bolt in a panic. It was an immense, grey vornskr. Its gold eyes glittered as it watched the creature flee, but it gave no chase, only keened softly in response. Trotting up to the edge of the bench, the animal lowered its haunches and lay at Elena's side, laying a lazy head atop its two large forepaws.

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:40:35 PM
“Fa-!… Diego!”

A cheerful smile played on Elena’s lips as she gave the vornskyr a friendly pat on the head, ruffling its fur.

“Looks like you won’t be seeing your rabbit again, hmm? Sorry about that… Diego can be a little scary, even if he doesn’t mean it.”

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:46:53 PM
Soen watches forlornly as the rabbit scurries away, but makes no protest.

"It's ok."

He kicks off his other shoe and dumps a second rabbit into his lap.

"I always carry a spare."

He replaces the rabbit and shakes his shoe, then puts it back on.

"Diego...is that your name?" Soen asks the big dog, offering a bit of his sandwich. "Would you like some food? This one's ham."

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:00:17 PM
Diego raised his head, and took a couple of cursory sniffs at the sandwich with his wet nose, before laying back down again, uninterested.

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:02:29 PM
“He’s a picky eater,” Elena apologised.

Her eyes lingered down on the wolf-like creature for a moment longer than would have been expected, and it seemed faintly possible for a moment that she was communicating with it. That is, before she snapped her head back up to Soen.

“… So Mr Magician, you must get to meet a lot of interesting people in your job, right? Jedi, people like that?”

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:10:18 PM
"Yes, in fact there was a Jedi at one of my last performances..." Soen says, taking back the piece of sandwich and eating it himself. "Why do you ask?"

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:01:09 AM
“I like to hear about them. They are just so interesting,” Elena lied.

“We see a lot of those Force users, don’t we?” she said as she mussed Diego’s hair again.

“Kind of weird aren’t they?”

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:53:32 PM
"I suppose. They always seem to have an air of irregularity about them. Like they have something up their sleeves at all times...an angle, a motive...something."

Elena Van Derveld
Feb 3rd, 2003, 02:19:29 PM
“Something up their sleeves,” Elena couldn’t help but grin.

“A bit like you then… I bet you’ve, at one time or another, wanted to use your talents to stir up a little mischief, a little trouble…”

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:10:52 PM
"I'd be lying if I said the idea had never crossed my mind. However, I have never used my talents inappropriately."