PDA

View Full Version : thanks

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:22:36 AM
Morg/Fig, for closing that clusterfuck of a thread Jamel had going.

It seems he finds new and more elaborate ways to be annoyting almost daily.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:25:09 AM
Fig must have closed it. I was waiting for him to respond, simply to figure out what he meant.

If I interpreted him correctly, he avoided reading any FAQs because it would affect his writing.

-sigh- what an asshat.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:26:49 AM
Hmmm, even though its Taylor's baby, I think I may just enforce Jamel's 24 hour banning for a lude and vulgar post he made in OOC, now.

EDIT: Nah, I'll let Taylor handle it.

Figrin D'an
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:43:59 AM
Yeah, I was the one that close the thread in Avalon... nothing good was coming from it.

As for Jamel, what did he post in OOC?... I didn't even see it as I was reading other threads, only to see the notice when I refreshed the page.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:46:03 AM
It was something in OOC yesterday which Taylor deleted promptly. We have a copy of its content in the main Mods/Admins forum.

Seeing that it was decided to only be a temp ban, it wasn't brought to all of the group staff members because the process would be too slow for disciplinary action to take place promptly, which in this case was neccessary.

Figrin D'an
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:50:15 AM
That's cool, I was just curious to know what happened.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:20:56 PM
What the...?

Oh my lord, my head hurts from reading that thread. I simply had a total failure to comphrend what he wrote. If he wont read FAQ's then stuff him. He hangs himself.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:32:35 PM
There has to be more going on (and I know there always is) but I was quite confused by that thread. Yes, Jamel is hard to understand, but it just seemd like he wanted to get to know you (ogre) better, and try to be a better writer. It looks like you just slammed it back in his face.

Look, I know a lot of people don't much like him, but come on, we were all noobs once. I STILL don't know every single person and every single character around here... I think it was very rude to treat him that way. Instead of helping him, you just told him that he was a worthless noob.

I think that is very discourteous.

Of course, I don't know if he was insulting your mother or something in another, deleted thread, or AIM conversation or something. Still, I don't understand your course of action.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:45:24 PM
With my position of power on these forums I think it necessary that I be very cautious regarding new people and their possible ulterior motives when sucking up to me. That thread was nothing more than him taking the opportunity to stick his nose up my ass so he could get close enough to attach his lips.

Really, look at the profile of this account and tell me how difficult is it to guess my character name. All the accounts on these forums with the name “Ogre” in them are me. Where is the first place you look to glean information about someone who posts on these boards? Generally it is their profile.

I did not even come close to hinting at his being a worthless “noob” as you said I did, until after his “pity me speech”. Pity parties are the quickest way to getting on my bad side. I have a right to my anonymity and will continue to have that right as far as I wish to push it, but have chosen to not completely hide it seeing what this account’s profile contains.

We have researched this guy on other forums. He is not brand spanking new to using bulletin boards and should know that looking at profiles and using search features will accomplish everything he stated that he wished to do but chose to announce publicly.

Pity parties and blatant ass kissing annoy me in a big way, a fact that will not change. Make sense?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:01:19 PM
He obviously hasn't followed two of the key forum tenats: LURK. READ FAQs.

He seems to ignore what everyone else wants and tries to impose his will on perfectly functioning systems he has no understanding of. His actions are totally arrogant OOC.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 1st, 2003, 09:08:45 PM
This guy is no n00b. I've already found that out. He is aware of us to a much greater degree than a n00b usually is. He has insulted people like Nav, I have personally warned him of his conduct via PM and deleted 4 posts of his that were insults, he has ignored our setup and has indeed been trying as Morg stated. He has been the source of a number of complaints and I think it says much Zeke, his Master is now desperate to be rid of him. I have reports of AIM harassment as well.

Ogre's reaction is very understandable by me as I am sure Ogre is aware of much I speak and. I am reaching the end of my tolerance with him.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2003, 09:12:39 PM
Aye. After his temp-baning incident in the RP forums, he is skating on thin ice board wide at this time.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:10:34 AM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you cleared this up for me. I do so love to be proven wrong, especially in cases like this. :)

Honestly, I didn't know he was being a butthole to other people around here, simply because he's been nothing but nice to me. However, I can certanly understand that, given the knowledge and background info y'all have, this was a perfectly logical course of action.

Hey, I know you don't know me to well, but I just wanted to clarify that I am not trying to a bastard here, I just didn't see the whole situation. :)

TheHolo.Net
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:26:11 AM
No offence at all. I do appreciate hearing the opinions of others. :)

And now I am off to sleep. l8s :zzz

Figrin D'an
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:02:25 AM
Don't worry, Ryla. You're one of the most calm and thoughtful people on the boards. Your opinion and insight is always welcome. :)

And you're just so darn blue... now could we not like you. ;)

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:46:19 PM
Awww, thanks Fig. :D

I'm all warm and fuzzy now!