PDA

View Full Version : Taking Shots

Jacen Himes
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:49:23 AM
As he downed the second shot this evening his lips scrunced and quivered. Under his mask, which currently was scrunched up so his mouth was exposed, his eyes blinked rapidly to fight the gut shot that was the liquor.

"What kind of wackadoo, voodoo surprise fire water is this chieftian?"

The man didn't resemble a tribesman of anykind. Jacen often said words that made no sense to the going ons. He liked flavor to his dialouge, even if it didn't taste right.

"It's taquila. You ordered it."

"Gi--give me something with an umbrella straw. Fruity, preferably." Jacen said, in all seriousness. He wasn't the hard core drinker most criminals made themself out to be.

Jason turned to face the rest of the room.

"This is a grovvy joint isn't, Smiley?"

He was speaking to a rectangular box clipped to his belt. On it was his digital sidekick. According to Smiley himself, he was a 1000 year old Sith Master trapped into this digital form. Jacen always had a soft spot for the theory he concocted, that Smiley was in fact a computer program that had severe delusional problems. The only image the voice from the box had was a smiley face that could change at will.

The word grovvy should immediantly drop your vocabulary. Digressing, I'd say concur. It is a well decorated establishment." :smokin

"Yeah, what you said," Jacen said, in his most confident voice.

He pulled down the mask to fully cover his face again.

"You think we'll get a job here?"

If you're don't blunder or pull an obligitory, ill concocted phrase out of your rear, which you seem fond of doing." :mad

"Like spooky swanky shindig?"

"That's one." :rolleyes

"Well that just means it's so spooky that this shindig is so swanky."

"What, for the love of the Force, is a swanky?" :huh

"It means many things. It jumps language barriers, Smiles. Unlike your koocanmango, valavitorian speak."

DarthHERA
Jan 31st, 2003, 03:34:45 PM
The server girl brought over a Strawberry Margarita for the masked stranger.

As she placed the pretty drink on his table, she caught his eye.

"The boss will see you now. Just go through to that back room"

She motioned with her head to a door with "OFFICE" in brass stencile on it, and then walked off to do another drink run..

Jacen Himes
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:51:39 AM
"Ooh, I like back rooms Smiley," he said before taking a sip from his drink. "Fruittaay."

"Now keep your guard up. This isn't a bake-off, it's a job scout. We need funds to finance our lifestyle." :rolleyes

Jacen stood up, grabbing his drink to bring along.

"Bake-off? If they offer pie, I'm taking it. I don't care about money if there's pie involved."

"Since I can't taste, I want money fool." >D

"I was joking, smiley baby. The pie could be a signing bonus, maybe."

"Stop talking about pie you fool! Concentrate!" :mad

"Geesh, for a contract killer's sidekick, you sure are lame."

He had came to the door now. Twisting the knob, he pushed it open.

DarthHERA
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:57:23 AM
The blonde head lifted at the opening of the office door, and Jacen was greeted with luminescent blue eyes boring directly at him.

"Take a seat Mr. Himes."

Hera leaned back in her chair and closed the datascreen on her desk.

"My name is Hera. What can I do for you."

Jacen Himes
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:51:13 AM
He turned his brain off often, putting it on auto-pilot. Though when it came down to tense, all business situations like this, he became a notch more sophisticated.

"Plenty."

Jacen grabbed the chair that was opposite the desk and 'took' it.

"I'm sure a woman with your wealth and connections knows who I am. Though I feel it nessecary to put it in my own words. I'm good at what I do and what I do is dirty, bloody, messy work. I get things 'done' and 'cleaned'. When you don't want the blood on your hands, you can call me. I kill people and I enjoy my job. I dabble in other underworld activity, I'm versatile."

Smiley loved Jacen like this. His diagnosis pointed towards split personalities or the fact maybe he just relaxed his brain too much in his off time. The truth laid somewhere inbetween. Maybe he was just acting now, trying to be impressive.

"There has to be a use for me, because I'm just too damn good to pass up."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:00:28 PM
Prior to her return back home to Volfstadt, Daiq had been lounging in the back of the bar with a pair of long-time tech employees, sharing a drink with them.

Himes' presence hadnt gone unnoticed by her, nor had his apparent talking to himself. Gesturing with her hand, she points him out to the techs, who join her in listening to his ramblings.

Only when Himes is shown back to Hera's office does her smile fade. The boss was actually going to see this guy, what was she thinking? Tossing her share for the bottle down on the table, Daiquiri stands before waving a farewell to her companions.

"I think I'll park myself outside the office door for this one. See you guys next trip."

Ambling slowly down the hall, she pauses to one side of Hera's office and leans her back against the wall...waiting.

DarthHERA
Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:43:35 PM
Hera's eyebrows lifted as Jacen relayed his M.O.

No shortage of ego in this room, that was for sure.

"As good as you may be, Mr.Himes, and I'm sure you are very good. ShadowFaene is not in need of Assassins. I actually quite like the feel of blood on my hands and am of the persuasion that if someone wants someone dead, they should do it themselves. It's only right."

She rolled a pencil between her thumb and forefinger and then spoke again.

"Exactly what other underworld activities to you "dabble" in..?"

Hera noted Daiquiri's presence just on the other side of the door and inwardly she frowned, wondering why her friend would feel the need to stand sentinal outside.

Jacen Himes
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:31:00 PM
"Well let me say this, you may not need assasins, but you might need muscle. Say a couple of your employees go on a smuggle run. They need their eyes and ears on the cargo, not on the law barring down on them, not to mention rival gang lords, etc. Or say you need a look out while one of your boys cracks a safe."

Jacen leaned back in his chair. Not a very professional thing to do, but Jacen's true personality was started to shine through.

"I can do whatever I need to do. I know my way around spice and illegal arms. I fly well enough and I know how to handle stress. Like you might have picked up on the my proud telling of my killing ability, I don't have that big of a conscience and I can silence the one I do have. I like money and can do anything to get my pay."

DarthHERA
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:23:22 PM
Hera liked Jacen's attitude - it was conceited, self-confident and bold - typical of most the employees at ShadowFaene.

"Well, I'll tell you what Mr. Himes, I have a job coming up that I could use an extra hand on. Why dont you come along and prove just how good you really are?"

Jacen Himes
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:31:43 PM
"Sounds like an audition. I'm down."

Jacen smiled under his mask. Smiley couldn't help but smile, he was a smiley face.

"Just give me the specifics, time, place, so on."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:06:31 AM
Running him once around the base? Hes a talker....mainly to himself.

With a quiet laugh, Daiquiri lifts from the wall, brushing her hand lightly against the door as she retreats and turns her direction and thoughts to the journey at hand.

Im on my way....contact you soon, Boss.

Climbing the ramp of her ship, Daiq catches the mock salute thrown by Remkah from the far end of the hangar. With a smile and wave she boards and quickly sets off for Volfstadt. In her book three weeks was a long time to go without seeing the blonde Lupine and a much needed break waited for her at Fascinataru.

DarthHERA
Feb 8th, 2003, 02:35:03 AM
"Well, its an "acquire and deliver" type excursion.

A certain individual requires a specific crystal. ShadowFaene will obtain it for him and deliver it to him. In a nutshell..were gonna do a robbery"

A smile played on her lips as she finished speaking. Jacen may have thought it for his benefit, but it was in actuallity a response to Daiquiri's 'comments.' Hera was surprised that Daiq had remained as long as she had on-base. She was overdue for some time off.

Returning her focus to Jacen once more.

"Ill be leaving in 2 days. You got somewhere I can contact you?"

DarthHERA
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:52:19 PM
ooc: Jacen - Here's the thread (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27278) :)

I'll edit this out once you reply to the prev post for it to flow properly, ok.

Jacen Himes
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:40:46 AM
Robbery? Jacen was up for that. Maybe he'd get to shoot somebody.

Ooh, she had smiled at him. Maybe she was going to use this contact for more than just business.

"Plenty. But use this one."

Jacen scribbled a comm number on a piece of paper, writing tool and paper supplied from his 'utility belt'. It was the comm for Smiley. He could re-route the call to Jacen, broadcasting from the rectagular box of the local module, or he could take it himself and not have any audible dialogue to the outside world. Good if Jacen was busy with his secret identity.

"So... We shake hands, right?"

Jacen extended his hand.

DarthHERA
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:20:47 PM
Hera took the extended hand in her own and shook it firmly.

She took the paper with Jacen's contact number and looked it over.

Raising her eyes once more to the man opposite her, she said "I'll be in touch". This indicated the interview over.

As Himes stood and walked toward the door, Hera called after him, causing him to pause midstep.

"Himes...whats with the mask?"

Jacen Himes
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:04:58 AM
Still business like, he answered professionally.

"Well, take this job for instance. If this junk hits the fan, and everyone's dead except me and they're looking for a masked man, I can live out my days as mild mannered John Doe. It's instant facial reconstruction."

Jacen grabbed for the door then stopped.

"Oh and you have to admit it's sexy."

Then he was gone.