MasterPewter
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:24:20 PM
I Just wondered who you would cast if a movie were made today about EU Books:

example

Jaina = Sara Michelle Geller

who Else:huh

Hadrian Invicta
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:43:10 PM
I can't ever remember his name but the guy from the TV series Highlander who played Duncan McCloud. I think he'd make a kick but Exar Kun.

JediBoricua
Feb 1st, 2003, 04:59:04 PM
Kevin Spacey for Thrawn.

MasterPewter
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:52:21 AM
I was also thinking
Hugh Jackman (x-men) for Kyp Duron (NJO age)
The guy who plays Strider in LOTR for Garner Rhystone (NJO age)althouth may be to old for that role

A younger John Liguizamo for Miko Rigala

JMK
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:20:24 PM
Rachael Leigh Cook as Jaina
Joshua Jackson as Jacen

Taro Idol
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:56:52 AM
Talon Karrde - John Glover (Lionel Luthor from Smallville)
Captain Pellaeon - Anthony Hopkins
Mara Jade - Michelle Pfeiffer
Grand Admiral Thrawn - Christopher Walken
Niles Ferrier - Brad Pitt

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:19:21 PM
If I had it my way, they'd all be animated. :)

J'hrea Alsac'lynol
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:05:27 PM
Nyah, if they were animated they would have to be done as good as Cowboy Bebop, or something better, which I haven't seen much of in animations.

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:20:28 PM
Yes, they need to make it Jap quality Animation of Rogue Squadren. It will be awesome!

Pierce Tondry
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:08:43 PM
Christopher Walken would not make a good Thrawn!!!! Although I couldn't tell you offhand who WOULD make a good Thrawn, I just know that Chris Walken would NOT. :p

MasterPewter
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:26:32 PM
About Thrawn i thought Kevin spacy(sp) you know the guy from K-Pax would be good as Thrawn.
Mara Jade = Julianne Moore

Pierce Tondry
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:37:10 PM
Mira Sorvino might do Mara Jade justice.

*Still thinking on that Thrawn thing.*

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:10:14 PM
Thrawn = Patrick Stewart?

MasterPewter
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:34:23 PM
NO WAY !! sorry but Patrick Stewart in space is and always will be Captian Jean Luc Picard. That kind of cross over would be to much and send true trekers into a mind melding frenzy.

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:49:45 PM
Maybe this is way out there, but I always kind of thought of Thrawn in a sort of John Malkovitch sort of way...

Darth \/ader
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:33:18 PM
i think tom cruise would make a good thrawn, seriously.
with blue skin and red eyes he'd be spot on, he would need stilts though.

also kevin coster as dash rendar, you may laugh but i saw a picture of dash somewhere and it looked just like him.

MasterPewter
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:10:31 AM
Sam Elliot as Tallen Karde

Telan Desaria
Apr 15th, 2003, 04:59:57 PM
Thrawn: Jurgen Prochnow

Moff Disra - Max von Sydow

Talon Karrde - Kevin Spacey

Telan Desaria
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:01:48 PM
oh, and for Pellaeon - Anthony Hopkins

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:56:00 PM
Russell Crowe reminds me of an older Corran Horn. Need someone younger for his Rogue Squadren Days

Thrawn- Angle Type Face, sharp glint... That guy who played the Villian in Tomb Raider (don't know his name)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:25:37 AM
Thrawn = You need a deep and powerful voice, plus sheer presence. Your Hollywood types would suck. The guy who played Tarkin woud have been perfect if he was taller.

Sean Bean would be a left of field choice.

Heero Luna
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:36:39 PM
What about Harrison Ford as an ageing Han?

Park Kraken
May 14th, 2003, 09:07:19 PM
Han Solo = Mel Gibson
Leia Organa Solo = Pamela Anderson
Pelleaon = Sean O'Connery

Alexi Hesith
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:59:03 PM
Thrawn = You need a deep and powerful voice, plus sheer presence. Your Hollywood types would suck. The guy who played Tarkin woud have been perfect if he was taller.

Marcus, that would be Peter Cushing.;)

Opie-wan
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:22:25 AM
I think that the Kid from EverWood the doctors son would be a good choice for Jacen Solo

Jedi Knight Sui-Gro
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:53:15 PM
Ya know they could always wait a while and then have the Prequel actors play the Originals. :rolleyes Although Han really has no match in the Prequels.

Nat Portman as Leia
Jake Loyd as Luke
But who shall play C3P0?
:lol

Ka' el Darcverse
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:45:26 PM
Another issue with Cushing being Thrawn, besides the height is that Mr. Cushing is very much dead.

imported_Marcus
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:17:18 AM
Minor detail :D

How about Christopher Lee?

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:01:16 PM
Jason Isaacs aka Lucius Malfoy or that bad guy from The Patriot

Telan Desaria
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:14:14 PM
Colonel Tavington, Her Majesty's 1st Light Hussars

Ryan Pode
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:20:52 PM
Clancy Brown could make a good Thrawn. He's big and has got a deep and powerful voice.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:18:56 AM
Talon Karrade - Sam Neil

Thrawn - Jeremy Irons

Pellaeon - Anthony Hopkins

Mara Jade - Milla Jovovich

Joruus C'Baoth - Malcolm McDowell

Bel Iblis - Robert Patrick

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:20:19 PM
The bad guy off of patriot would make a good pallaeon...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:39:40 PM
Originally posted by Commander Jarek Tchort
Talon Karrade - Sam Neil

Thrawn - Jeremy Irons

Pellaeon - Anthony Hopkins

Mara Jade - Milla Jovovich

Joruus C'Baoth - Malcolm McDowell

Bel Iblis - Robert Patrick

This is a good list! At least the four right at the top I think. :) The other two I'm not sure who the RL people are.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:17:51 PM
and another...johnie depp would make a good talon kard...

Jarek T'chort
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:30:10 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
This is a good list! At least the four right at the top I think. :) The other two I'm not sure who the RL people are.

Uh well Malcolm McDowell is in A Clockwork Orange...
http://us.imdb.com/Name?McDowell,+Malcolm

Robert Patrick was the T-1000 in T2 and is agent Doggett in the X files who replaced Mulder.http://www.imdb.com/Name?Patrick,+Robert

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:18:49 AM
I'd switch Hopkins and Patrick then...Pallaeon always seems skinnier to me.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:52:11 PM
From pictures I've seen of Pellaeon he's kinda an old guy.

PadmeSolo
Sep 11th, 2003, 04:47:34 PM
Hmm this is a toughie....

Ok Thrawn, I agree he must have a commanding presence. He is a person to be feared, as much as I love Christopher walken, I must say no... not for Thrawn. He plays the crazy people well but I dont' think Thrawn was crazy, just evil

As for Mara, I Don't agree about Michelle Pfeiffer... She could't do mara justice.

As for Patrick Stward, I take officene that Trekkies would go crazy, being one myself, dosn't mean I can like Star Wars also, Star Trek Fans are smart people, the can imagine and think just like Star Wars fans. Though I dont' think Patrick for Thrawn, just not excatly right. Like I said, he was a brillaint tactaition, evil comander... same with Tom Crusie... not a Thrawn.... Also, Chiss are described as mucsualrly toned, as well as their rapid growth... Must keep these things in mind when casting.

as for Recasting Leia and Han, I must disagree, many Fans would not accept it, I am one, To me, there is only one Princess Leia, that Is Carrie Fisher. Same with Han, as well as Luke. Harrison, and Mark.... They brought the charaters to life, and they will always be those charaters to me.

If they did Cast Christpoher Lee, they should hurrry, I hear he's not looking so good lately.

Jason Isaccs... Hmmm Didnt' think of this one, yes , he's a great possiblbity.....

adn Johnny Depp.. Excellent choice, I could really see him in that.

Jaina
Nov 15th, 2003, 10:01:21 AM
Wedge Antilies (older)- Tommy Lee Jones
Mara Jade- The woman who playes Jordan Cavonal off of Crossing Jordan or Tia Carare.(sp?)
Coran Horn-I can picture him but I can't think of an actor that would fit that picture...

Doc Milo
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:49:58 PM
Orlando Bloom (black hair) as NJO aged Anakin Solo.

Myn Donos
Jan 11th, 2004, 05:08:11 PM
Too bad Bloom is just a hype actor.

I agree with the thing about Connery as Gilad Pallaeon, and Depp could probably pull off Karrde.

What about guys like Cracken and Page? You'd need some military type-cast guys for that. As to Wedge and Han, why not just use the same actors who once played them? :\

I'd personally cast Walken as, like, Dif Scaur (New Republic Intel), or Admiral Trigit.

Patrick Stewart could assuredly find a place in Star Wars and play the part well. Though for all his dignified bearing, I can see him more as either a Jedi or a military high-up, like Garm Bel-Iblis (though I seem to recall him being more of a large, gruff man).

Jordana Montegue
Jan 11th, 2004, 05:20:09 PM
Michael Bien - Cracken

George Clooney - Garm Bel-Iblis

:rollin Me - Isard

Sean Connery - Garm Bel-Iblis or Pellaeon (Agreeing with Myn)

Myn Donos
Jan 11th, 2004, 06:05:01 PM
As much as I don't like him as a person, Crowe was the first person that came to my mind for Soontir Fel.

Myn Donos
Jan 13th, 2004, 02:19:14 PM
I would so go for a role in a new movie. A minor, non-speaking role. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 17th, 2004, 06:37:47 PM
Actually George Clooney as Talon Karrde would be pretty awesome....if they did it right now before he got too old. I think he's too young to play Bel Ibis. But as Karrde...yess....yes... :yum