PDA

View Full Version : Card tricks

Soen Spellflinger
Jan 30th, 2003, 02:43:04 PM
Soen idly shuffles a deck of cards. He cuts the deck and performs a bridge shuffle, then simply restacks the cards. Once he's content with the cards he sets them in the center of the table and sits back, folding his arms and staring at the deck. After a few seconds he takes the deck back and begins to shuffle more. Card tricks are hard to do by yourself...

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:23:12 PM
Drake entered the bar leaving his weapons at the door woth the guard. As he walks in the scans the area hoping to find someone to talk to. He finally sees a man with a deck of cards. Drake enjoyed card games and was pretty good himself. Drake walks up to the stranger and grabs a seat next to him.

"Hey there stranger up for a game of cards?"

Soen Spellflinger
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:49:30 PM
Soen smiles lightly.

"I don't know how to play any card games. But if you would like, I can show you a bit of magic..."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 31st, 2003, 07:02:48 AM
Drake smiled

"Sure, go ahead it cool with me"

Soen Spellflinger
Jan 31st, 2003, 07:50:53 AM
He pushes the deck across the table at Drake.

"Choose any card you wish. Memorize it, and then put back and any place in the deck you so desire, and shuffle it."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:26:45 AM
Drake did as he was told and choose a card, then he placed it back in the dck and shuffled it.

"So whats next?"

Soen Spellflinger
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:58:27 AM
"I'll drum it up to the top of the deck."

Soen raps the table rapidly with the tips of his fingers, focusing on the deck before him.

"Is...this your card?" he asks, turning over the top card.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:36:47 AM
Drake smiled

"Yup you're right, mind telling me how you did it?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:03:22 PM
Soen shakes his head.

"A good magician never tells his secrets."

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:03:15 PM
Drake placed the card down and laughed. He then had an intresting idea

"i have a card trick for you, shuffle the deck and pick out a card of ur choice, don't show it to me, look at it and place it back into the deck."

Drake smiled and waiyted.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:12:19 PM
Soen shrugs and counts out ten cards, then looks at the eleventh from the top. He rearranges it within the deck and sets it before Drake.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:14:59 PM
Drake closed his eyes and read Soen mind and smiled, he then lifted the deck with telekenisis and pulled out the card that was hidden within his thoughts

"This must be your card"

Drake put the deck down

"Like my magic trick?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:22:36 PM
"Not bad...though I hesitate to call the Force magic. An excellent improvisation."

Soen takes back his cards and places them within his pocket.

"You are a Jedi, then?"

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:25:10 PM
Drake extended his arm

"Yes I'm Drake Lonerunner brother to Straffe Stormrider, whats your name?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:27:25 PM
"Soen."

He doesn't bother to add his last name. He never does..."Spellflinger" is more of a title...the meaning of which isn't necessarily good.

"You are a Padawan? Or are you a Knight?"

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:35:11 PM
"Im still a padawan and masterless padawan at that"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:39:13 PM
"Is it difficult to find a teacher?"

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:41:30 PM
"well not exactly, my brother will be knighted soon, when we were young he promised me that he would train me"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:47:03 PM
"Ah. My own family had no talent for magic, so I was taught by an elder. He taught me slight of hand and...a number of other tricks..."

Narmo Loonia
Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:02:04 PM
Narmo glanced around as she walked into the bar and grill of the jedi. Her eyes stopped on two men in a corner talking. One of them seemed to be a jedi. She walked over to them with her elven grace.

"Greetings."

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:14:21 PM
Soen's eyes shift slowly to Narmo, then back to Drake. Despite his skill with magic, he's uncomfortable and shy when he isn't performing, and he doesn't feel like doing any magic now. He doesn't reply.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:16:50 PM
"whats wrong"

Drake looke at him raising one eyebrow

Dinaer
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:21:41 PM
A wolf slunk into the door and slipped between the legs of chairs and patrons until he reached the elf woman. He sniffed at Drake and Soen, then nuzzled Narmo.

The one with the hat is hiding things. They are everywhere in his clothes.

Dinaer nuzzled Narmo again. Sometimes he didn't mind the enhanced smell and hearing. If it meant keeping his lover safe.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:06:26 PM
A wolf. Animals can sense the secret of his magic...both his magics, actually. Soen scoots out of the chair and walks to the door, taking his cane in hand. He tips his hat to the crowd before walking out.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:14:02 PM
Drake quikcly jump out of his chair and as Seon exited he grabed him by th arm

"Whats wrong , who are you?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:19:23 PM
Soen turns and looks at Drake with almost a sad light in his eyes, but quickly it fades to a happy expression.

"A simple magician...nothing more."

He politely removes Drakes hand and directs him back toward Narmo and Dinaer before disappearing into the crowded Coruscant streets.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:23:19 PM
Drake senced Seon running trew the crowed, he felt like following but let him go, he only sent a mental message to him

till we met again my friend

Drake grabed his cloak and left the bar