PDA

View Full Version : Mind Games II (Terran)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:52:04 PM
A lone Jedi, cloaked and for no safely anonymous awaits in the darkened area of a combat room. Earlier a note had been sent -

Your presence is required in room 404

No signature.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:56:33 PM
Without hesitation, the curious Jedi dropped his "Gungan History: A Brief Introduction" datapad and headed out of his door. He grabbed a few things--his lightsaber, his cloak, and the brown satchel he carried with him everywhere. Making his way out of his room he headed for Room 404.

Coming to the door of the room, he looked above it.

Combat and Training Facility

One of a few rooms at the temple that were large, strong rooms made for training inside. Terran gulped strongly, and pushed the door open switch. THe heavy door slid open powerfully. He stepped a foot inside. The room was poorly lit, the corners as dark as night. Stepping inside completely, he peered around the room. The door shut sharply.

Though he let his senses roam free to detect any life within the room, he could detect none. Of course, that didn't mean there was no one here--it meant that if someone was in here, they were much stronger than Terran to hide their signature.

"Umm...hello?" He spoke weakly into the darkness.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 07:01:19 PM
"Good evening. Would you be interested in the lesson I have thought you make like" came back the quiet and soft voice.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 07:10:10 PM
Terran recognized the voice. He knew it fairly well.

"Yes." His reply was simple and to the point--like his new Master, he would waste no time.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:51:15 PM
"Can you get me a cup of tea?" Marcus asked, willing the words to become suggestion by the Force

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:11:00 PM
Terran was puzzled, but he could not disobey the suggestion. It rang heavily in his mind.

"Of course, Master," he spoke with a smile on his face. He checked his surroudings and found there was no such place to make tea.

"Where should I go to get this tea for you, Master?" Terran asked. He wanted desparately to fullfill his Master's wish--something inside him willed it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:08:59 AM
A bit of a bemused smile on his face, Marcus waved a hand, negating the suggestion.

"Mental suggestion. Mind tricks. Mind <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>s, however you call them, are a powerful tool. While some beings are immune to them, they are still a valuable control to learn. How much experience of this have you had before?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:52:08 PM
Terran felt as though he had just snapped out of some odd trance. It was definitely weird, but he had understood Master Elessar's question.

"Well, not too much from my end. I once dueled a Dark Jedi named Silus Xilarian. He used a mind trick on me--he tried to bring my guard down by creating an illusion of Xazor and acting as though he was going to kill her. It was difficult, but I was able to break it by noticing little details. He hadn't seen her for quite some time. She was wearing a ring from her and Shade's marriage--and this was after she had been broken up with Dasquian, even. So I could spot the imperfection." He took a breath.

"That's really all I have encountered in the form of mind games, however."

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 9th, 2003, 08:16:01 PM
"mind games aint all things like that tho. can you think of other forms?"

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:26:07 AM
Terran thought hard for a moment.

"Hmmm...deceptions--lies and such." He wondered if he was getting close to what his Master wanted to hear. "Playing on one's emotions--pulling heartstrings. Pursuasion. Even positive ones, I imagine."

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:20:38 PM
"Politics even. Mind tricks in all sorts of different ideas and techniques. The Jedi however do not use deception unless we have no other choice. An not all mind tricks are done in the Force. Understand so far?"

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:53:09 PM
"Yes, Master. Those with resources, power, and intellect can play with the minds of the masses as well. I follow you." He thought about Marcus's previous comments.

"What about the Jedi? Are there any positive types of deception? For instance, if a young child was very, very afraid and surrounded by frightening images. Would it be right for a Jedi to surround the young one with images of positive or nuetral things to calme them?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:32:07 PM
"Yes - and I would ask in return, is that deception?"

imported_Terran Starek
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:19:44 PM
Terran thought for some time about Marcus' question before answering.

"Yes. It is deception. I mean, if deception is altering reality or even altering one's perception of reality--whether negative or positive--then it is definitely deception to do so for a young child." His brow creased with even more thought. This type of discussion was one that a student could not have with a book.

"How does a Jedi differentiate between good and bad forms of deception--if there are any?"

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:20:40 PM
"Then giving comfort to a child by a hug is a deception, if that is so. Givng aid and comfort to anyone is a deception. No, that is not so. Think about it"

imported_Terran Starek
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:09:22 PM
Terran felt foolish at first for his response--how ignorant of he not to realize his own fautly logic! But he stopped beating himself up over it. This was why Master Elessar was the master and Terran was his student.

"Yes, I think I understand Master," Terran spoke. He thought about what Marcus was saying. "So deception comes out in the motive, then? If one is consoling or helping someone or being strong for someone to comfort them, it is warranted." Terran pondered it. "Curious."

"So the task of the Jedi to bring peace spans even into creating comforting images/illusions/feelings for others?"

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:43:04 AM
"Yes, that is correct. And why not I might ask? Why should we keep the peace and calm for ourselves? Mind powers can be used for many, many things. Just make sure however, your motive is just"

imported_Terran Starek
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:42:21 PM
"I understand, my Master." He smiled. He was glad he had understood and, more importantly, made up for his initial ignorance. He felt satisfied. As a scholar, he loved to make discoveries, and this was no exception.

"Why else have you brought me here today, Master Elessar?" He smiled--his ability to sense was growing stronger everyday, especially with Marcus' help, and he could sense that his Master had more in store for him.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:13:33 PM
OOC I dont rememebr!

ACK!