PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Nolan to direct Batman 5

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:00:33 AM
This is from scif.comWarner Brothers has signed Memento director Chris Nolan to helm a proposed new Batman movie, though it is unclear—and he would not say—whether he would write the script, Variety reported. The studio, led by production president Jeff Robinov, has been trying to revive the franchise, which sputtered after four films, the trade paper reported.

Among the supposed incarnations of a Batfilm are Batman vs. Superman, Batman: Year One and Catwoman, the trade paper reported. Batman vs. Superman nearly went into production with director Wolfgang Petersen and a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, until Petersen moved to the Greek epic Troy. Batman: Year One was being developed by Darren Aronofsky and Frank Stack. Catwoman is a spinoff of the character introduced in Batman Returns, with Ashley Judd expected to play the title role and visual effects veteran Pitof making his directing debut from a script by John Rogers.

That is great News Nolan is a great director hopeful he comes up with a screenplay as well.

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:24:48 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Or maybe when they actually start making one of the bleeding films ;)

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 08:49:10 AM
:lol

I agree with Reaper, though the thought of Nolan directing Batman: Year one puts a big smile on my face. :)

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:09:19 AM
It's as if WB doesnt like the attention Marvel gets, so shouts "Oh, new Batman film! Look, good director! I WANT ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!" :)

jjwr
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:12:02 AM
They'd be silly not to make another Batman movie. The first two showed how successfull they can be when you put some decent names behind them.

Make them serious, make them dark & gritty and watch the $$$ roll in.

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:47:12 AM
I really think they should make Dark Knight Returns into a movie. That would be so sweet. :D

Dae Jinn
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:01:44 AM
Forget that, make it about Catwoman ;) The second film was the best out of the four IMO. The last few needed better villians, and no stupid Robin and Bat-girl :x

Jedieb
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:24:48 AM
Dark and gritty, PLEASE!!!!! If it's another big screen version of the Adam West and Burt Ward TV show people will stay away in droves. The Bat-credit card..... good God, what was Joel S. smoking?!

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:42:12 AM
Joel S. is a retard with absolutly no directing skills. And placing Arnold Schwartzenagger (I have no idea how to spell his last name.) in a roll that requires him to say more than two things is a very bad idea.

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:04:25 AM
Dae, Catwoman is getting her own film :)

And Schumacher CAN direct, he did Falling Down. He should just stay away from Superheroes.

And Schwarzenegger had one major problem. He was there to say one liners, and it didnt work. I feel sorry for him.

Batman was so-so, Nicholson made it
Second was better, but Keaton never convinced me
Third I loved, but it's probably down to Carrey/Jones
Fourth had the best Batman, but was worst in every other way :)

Dae Jinn
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:11:26 AM
Good :)

The second was best, simply because of the villians. You need good villians in a super-hero movie. :lol

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:14:09 AM
See, thats all the first three Batmans and SPiderman were for me. Supervillains :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:49:23 AM
Well I liked the third one the best, I think its the same reason as with you Reaper. The second movie to me just didn't work I can't stand the Penquin in it, he is just completely different from the comic version, he is sicko and was going to be a child killer, please the Penquin was a bank robber and thats about it. If they want to get into twisted villains go with Scarecrow, actually the rumors say that the new film will be about the Scarecrow which could be very cool.

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:33:08 PM
I wish they didn't kill off the Joker :(

I could watch 10 more Batmans if he was still around...

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:43:45 PM
I know lets make a clone of him.......:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:11:04 PM
Actually they could bring the Joker back they would just have to ignore the whole movie. I doubt anybody would care there would be a new Gordon, a new Batman and a new Alfred so a new Joker shouldn't shock anybody.

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:22:05 PM
Well if they were to do Dark Knight Returns, you would have the joker back, in a slightly darker form.

The best Joker was the Joker in "The Killing Joke". Then again, that was written by Alan Moore, who could make a telephone book read nice. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:09:29 PM
The killing joke was the one where Robin died? or where he paraylized Batgirl?

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:29:25 PM
No...it would HAVE to be Jack. Anyone else is just not the same.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:47:39 PM
It wouldn't bother me actually the Joker was even more of a maniac than he was in the movie, so I could have another one, wouldn't have a clue who to pick to play him though.

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:11:20 AM
Jack gave the character an irreplacable quality IMO. I'm not much of a Joker fan, EXCEPT for the first Batman movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:28:08 AM
I like the Joker from the comics actually the best version of him was in the cartoon series, Hamill did a brilliant job as the Joker.

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:38:25 AM
A pale shadow compared to Jack.

Sene Unty
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:10:10 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
The killing joke was the one where Robin died? or where he paraylized Batgirl?

Paralizes Batgirl. Its also the story that tells his origin. Good stuff.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:45:55 AM
Quite simply, the Joker is owned by Jack Nicholson. His performance is untouchable. Best villain and he stole the film.

For me, Keaton was most definately the best Batman. I do believe he owned that role too, that look in his eyes hinting at madness was so intense. I'd love to see him take up the gauntlet with Tim Burton once more. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:15:19 PM
I think Keaton is a little old, maybe he could play a young Gordon that would work for me. Not sure who could play Batman, I liked the idea of Colin Farrel though. I think they should skip the Joker for now go with The Scarcrow and pick Christopher Walken to play him that would be awesome move. Actually that reminds me of one of the screenplays that was going aroudn for awhile they brought the Joker back through Scarcrow's fear Toxins, Batman was hautened constantly by the Joker, they could use Jack there. Also the rumor had it that Harley Quinn was going to be helping Scarecrow out. Now this was all over a year ago but that could be a great storyline.

JMK
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:17:33 PM
A Death in the Family was where Robin died.

ReaperFett
Jan 31st, 2003, 07:52:59 AM
I dont want Farrell as Batman any more, as I like people to stay as only one comic character :)

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 31st, 2003, 08:18:32 AM
Farrell would rock as Batman. What a coice, if only. :\