PDA

View Full Version : Cleft of Recollection (Ryla)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:29:49 AM
Between the time when Dasquian had entered cryosleep and the time he had exited it, hundreds of years had past. Though his memories from his life had been regained, he had never known what had caused the drastic changes present in the world today. The Republic, for one, had faded almost completely out of existence and was no longer the predominant power it had once been, now relying on the Jedi to accomplish most of their work.

What Dasquian was eager to know was what had caused this change, and many others like it. He understood technology advanced quickly so was not particularly concerned by that, but he would have liked to have known more about the Jedi – and even public figures – of the time in which he was essentially frozen. Unfortunately, there appeared to be no record of such things, or at least one that Dasquian could find. Perhaps he’d just missed out on being told where it was?

The doors to the lounge Dasquian was sat in slid open with a slow hiss, as a conversation outside came to a close. A figure entered, and the Jedi Knight rose to his feet giving a bow out of greeting and show of respect.

“Good afternoon Master. Could I speak with you for a moment?”

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:49:15 PM
I had been rather... preoccupied all day, with the research and planning surrounding the dissapearance of Morgan Evanar less than a month ago still swimming laps in my poor tired brain. So it was with great embarassment that I nearly didn't notice someone standing just outside of the doorway.

I was almost out the door when Dasquian bowed low and spoke to me, “Good afternoon Master. Could I speak with you for a moment?”

"Yes, of course, what can I help you with?" I replied, greeting my fellow council member with a smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:32:21 AM
“I was wondering if you could give me some directions, Master,” replied Dasquian, folding his arms behind his back.

“Only I’ve been trying to find the Order’s library for some time, to catch up on a few matters, and can’t seem to locate it anywhere.”

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:29:27 AM
"Hmm, that is an interesting question..." I mused, going over the grounds of the Temple mentally.

"Of course, it all depends on what kind of information you are looking for. I do not believe that there is a great collected library here in the Temple, simply because many of the Jedi themselves keep a personal collection, centered around their own interests. I, for one, have quite a collection of Force-healing and Lightsaber construction archives, if that would of any use to you?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:26:19 PM
“Though it’s not what I was looking to read up on, I’m sure books on those subjects would be of great use too, if you don’t mind my using them.”

“But,” Dasquian continued, “What I was hoping to find out about was the Jedi during the time in which I was, essentially, asleep … the Clone Wars, the fall of the Republic, the rise of the Empire, the creation of the various factions in existence now.”

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:03:50 AM
"Of course!" I replied, tucking a lock of stray hair back behind my left ear as we began to walk slowly down the corridor. "I don't mind you using them one bit. That's what they're there for."

I thought for a moment, doing through my small collection mentally. "As for history, however, I am afraid that is beyond my area of study... although I know that Master Figrin D'an has access to matters of political history, being so deeply involved with the Senate. Perhaps we could see if he would allow us to view some of his documents?"

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:53:16 AM
“Master Firgin … I believe I’m correct in saying he is a very busy man,”

In a short pause Dasquian ran over a few possibilities in his mind, pertaining to when and where they would be able to locate the Jedi Master.

“I imagine he’ll be involved in trying to clear up this mess surrounding Morgan’s disappearance, seeing as Master Evanar was a regular visitor to the Senate too.”

Looking down at his feet as he walked, Dasquian continued, “Perhaps I should just wait a while before trying to catch up on the past. After all, people always say the present and future are more interesting.”

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:11:01 PM
I nodded. "Indeed, he is busy as of late, and most likely occupied, as many are, on Morgan's disappearance."

We walked in silence for a moment. "I know how you feel, though. I... did not grow up around the Jedi, I only moved to Coruscant from the outer rim when I was much older. There are many things I too do not understand about history. I'd assume that your desire is much stronger, though. I wish I could help you."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:54:59 PM
“I’m sure there’s much that you could tell me that would be of interest to me. As well as wanting to know about the great figures of the past, I’m equally curious about those in the present too,” Dasquian replied with a coy smile.

“That is, if they are willing to indulge my prying with a few stories of their own.”

Truthfully, Dasquian knew very little of many of his fellow Council Members, and even Jedi. Their pasts, to him, were clouded as his own had once been, and if he was ever to become better attuned with his fellow lightsiders then it would be a wise idea to start by learning a little more about them.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:01:59 PM
I blushed at his response, not used to anyone wanting to know more about my life. Truth be told, I hadn't shared much of my history with anyone in the Order, simply because no-one had asked."

"If you believe that there is such an interesting person in the order, then you should study them indeed." I replied, looking up at his smiling face with a smile of my own.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:32:09 PM
Modesty – Dasquian chuckled at Ryla’s reply as the two walked slowly through one of the larger open halls in the Order, passed frequently by others, to whom the Knight smiled in greeting.

“Until I have the pleasure of meeting them, would you be at all against a little recitation?”

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:47:05 AM
"Well, I suppose that I could humor your curiousity, If you believe that I have such interesting stories, that is." My casual smile broke in to a grin then, and a gave a slight chuckle as we approached a split in the hallway. "Well, would you like to go to my quarters (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=59) to view some of the archives I've kept thus far? Maybe a quick spar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=57)?"

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:44:01 PM
“Viewing those archives sounds promising,” the Jedi replied with a nod, as he gestured a hand out ahead of him.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:21:17 AM
"Shall we then?" (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27249) I replied, steping out into the corridor that lead to the living quarters.