PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man's Hand (Jamel and open)

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:20:23 AM
Another double of Makers...straight up. Be sure to let me know when he gets here, okay?

(I shooed the waitress off, and shuffled up a deck of cards in the meantime. The ash hung from my stim like a murderer on the gallows at a red sunrise. Smoke traced up to the ceiling, hanging over my table like Jundland vultures. The repetition of shuffling rang loudly in the immediate silence, as I worked the deck to my liking. When I was satisfied, I arranged the cards in seven stacks of varying depth. Solitaire was the doctor's prescription to cure boredom. Or at least, what you could rub under the skin to make it as quick and painful as possible. Either way, I had all the time in the world.)

Emma Harvan
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:25:33 AM
He looked as if he were waiting for someone. And maybe, just maybe, he was looking for her! After all, the man certainly looked like her Uncle Trey... Except his hair was yellow and he was smoking. Well perhaps he had drawn in his hair, but that of course didn't explain the stim. Emma frowned and crept over. Her head didn't even clear the tabletop, giving the illusion that no one was there.

"Y're gon' get deaded."

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 01:20:36 PM
(I looked down and across the table to see the half pint staring up at me. With a half-chuckle, I reached into my pocket, and tossed a couple of chits across the table in her direction.)

Here you go, kid. Go buy some candy...or something.

Emma Harvan
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:50:09 PM
The childs frown deepened.

"Will y' never smoke 'gain, ever?"

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:43:30 PM
"I'm in finally.." Jamel Croko'yn, me--a Jedi Padawan of the Great Jedi Order had to wrestle verbally with the guard of the place just to manage a way in. He didn't even believe that I was apart of the GJO, which annoyed me to an extent. Entering the sector, I watched as a beautiful waitress registered my face witha datapad and went on her way.

"Now, what do I do..hmmm" I said, obviously to myself but someone beside me must have thought it was directed to her because she butted into my thought process.

"Well first go sit own baby, and get me a drink so we can have a nice night on the town.." She said in a sadistic fashion, my eyes wiggling tot he side to captivate the lady. She was tall and with a sexual fashion sense, but she wasn't my type for the fact that she was searching for some credits instead of my heart.

I simply twirled my hand to the side of my cloak, exposing my rank with the sight of the lightsaber and then heading on. I didn't deliberly want to showcase that my ability was superior and I was superior but my mind state was superior. At times I did manage an outbreak of blantant optisim but it wasn't this time, I was preoccupied with confusion and contemplation.

"Where do I go.." I said tot he waitress who had reigstered my image in her datapad recently, my hand running across her face catching her attention with a telephatical linkage and an obvious grasp of her mind.

She just stared at me for a second, a smile widening on her face as she pointed to a man in a chair. Glancing over her shoulder I quickly took a bow of respect for her deeds and walked on. Placing my hand behind my back I arrived to the scene, my head lowering to show my graditute and took a seat.

"So, were you the one who beckoned me?" I said in a clear procise voice as I normally do in an introductive question, or informative comment. The vibration in my voice was a tone that gestured seekage of knowledge which my question was all about.

Under my breath I subconciously hummed as my hands were placed together, expressing my contemplation as I stared at the man, whoever he was.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:47:53 PM
OOC : Admin note - as per FAQ, only Knights, Masters and selected NRSF officers are allowed any type of weapon in the B&G.

Sanis Prent
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:57:28 PM
Hey...why don't you go run off and play for a little bit.

(I urged the little kid off to wherever she had been before, as Jamel approached my table. Concluding my card game, I rounded up the deck, and set it aside, and snuffed out my stim once that was done.)

I did.

(My drink arrived, and I took a notch off the top, while watching him. He seemed to be very deliberate and careful in his posturing and mannerisms...which could mean several things, not the least of which is that he was on edge.)

My name is Sanis Prent. You must be Jamel Crok'oyn.

(Seeing no objection to the obvious, I continued.)

Can I get you something to drink?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:16:20 PM
I smiled back at him, expressing my respect with a simple nod of approval. Leaning back in my seating only a tad bit, I heard the sound of a guard venturing to the table. My eyelids cascaded my dark orbs as my lightsaber began to leivtate before them. The guard quickly clasped it and headed out with a nod to signal what he'd be doing with the item.

Glancing back over to my beckoner, I pulled myself back to a mannerism seat, both legs of the chair and my own on the ground.

"So why did you ask me to come here, is their a troublesome situation upon you?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:22:27 PM
Actually, I think the troublesome situation is upon you.

(Taking another drink, I continued)

I've noticed that you appear to have made some powerful and influential enemies in your short stay here at the order. Enemies that wouldn't hesitate to do you harm.

(Setting my glass down, I ran a hand through my hair)

Are you sure you don't want anything to drink?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:54:22 PM
My eyes corked in a showcase of confusion, as pulling myself closer to the face of the man.

"What do you mean enemies..?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:02:51 AM
Enemies...y'know...bad guys...

(I shrugged, half smiling)

...or depending on your moral latitude, could be good guys. Who cares, really? I'm not here to judge you. I'm just the messenger. Saint or sinner, angel or devil, there's somebody or more than one somebodies out there who are rather interested in some physical harm coming your way. I mean...dren happens, you know? Can't go around pleasing everybody. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

(Leaning back in my seat, I smiled again)

How about a Coruscant Iced Tea? Look like you're having a good time, at least.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:37:03 PM
I nodded in agreement to the question of his drinking, gesturing a hand to the nearby waitress and order verbally. In my time of await, I glanced back at my so called comrade, the beckoner who had seeked to give I knowledge.

"So, who are these enemies? What are their names..?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:33:25 PM
Well...I really can't help you there.

(I fished in my jacket pocket for another stim, pressing the filter between my lips)

Client confidentiality. It wouldn't be good for my profession, and what I sell to my customers is reputation.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:20:14 PM
"Hmm.."

The boy simply motioned back in his seat in thought. Reaching for his drink he sipped it and came to a stand. Taking one last gulp from the drink he placed it down and headed toward the door. He was to contemplate about this situation in isolation instead of before this observate man.

Placing two fingers up in a gesture of farewell he hit the door with a silent, yet hearable whisper being state.

"I'll see ya around.."

And then he was off..

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:23:05 PM
Hang on one second.

(I rose from my seat, moving with him as he walked.)

I'm not quite finished.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:12:56 PM
Jamel body whipped around quickly, standing firmly before the man, his eyes daggering toward him. He awaited , his hands being placed casually behind his back, clasping each other. The boy stared on, a weird, curious expression coming to his youthful face.

"What is that you want to say, my dear friend?" He questioned, ending his statement with a formal statement to assert his interest as well as respect.

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2003, 07:32:31 PM
Well, its no coincidence that I have this information.

(Finishing the dregs of my drink, I set it back on the nearest table)

I'm here on your enemies' behalf. They've paid me good money to put a massive beating on you. I'll try to keep it less than fatal, but no guarantees. It would be best for both of us, that way. You, obviously...and for me, well...there's a lot of red tape, and I'm not being paid for toe tagging.

(I glanced outside, and gestured at the window, to a large building, set across the street.)

The district bank is down that way. Easy to spot, it's the one with the clock on its face. I'll meet you there, beneath the clock, tomorrow at noon.

(Half-smiling, I continued)

Now, your attendance is expected. If you skip out on me, I'll find you, and be less happy than I am now. If you bring help, I'll be very disappointed in you. I want you, and only you...at that tower at twelve sharp.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:34:00 PM
"Okay." The boy said, turning his body as fast as he had rotated previously and headed quickly down the path to his speeder. He had to contemplate even further on this situation, and as well spectulate how he would deal with this physical confrontation that could lead to injury.

The boy jumped into his speeder and activated the engines with a flick of his wrist and a touch on a button. The bottom of the speeder began to push at gravity, levitating it over the ground for a moment. As it hovered, the engines in the back were ignited, shooting out fire like a dragon and rocketing the speeder forth.

Heading into the traffic, the pilot skillfully motioned the speeder between two speeding vehicles and was in the path and on his way back to the Jedi Temple or wherever his emotions would take him. Dropping into the foundation of the middle traffic, he was ultimately off, heading in the core of the Coruscant traffic.

"Hmm..." A humming sound came fomr him as did it from the engine as he began to observe his situation through his mental state.

It was soon that he could meditate on this problem when his speeder became stationary.