PDA

View Full Version : Closure on a past life (Sage Hazzard,open)

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:20:59 PM
"Even after all this time, this place remains the same." Casey said to himself as he walks into the bar and grill. This place meant so much to him. Each bar stool, booth or table had a memory. Courting Fire, hanging around with Liam looking at all the women, the long talks with Cal, Obiwan, and Leia. All that was before he destroyed himself and his chances of ever becoming what he wanted to be. But that was two years ago. No one remembers most of those names, they are lost in time. Casey walks to the bar and sits down on a stool. A droid comes over to get his order.

"What would you like sir?"

"Scotch on the rocks."

The droid pours the drink and pushes the glass over to Casey. Casey picks it up and begins to drink, hoping to run into a familiar face.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:01:51 AM
(Two steps in, and I froze...eyes fixed on a figure, sitting third stool from the right. That already rose my hackles. I angled my shades down to get a better view in the dim light. From the back, he didn't look familiar. So...not a local. Okay, so they can't reserve the seat for me outright, but its an unwritten rule at worst, and a serious pet peeve on a seven year itch at best. Turning back to the guard at the door, I deposited my gear, and continued in...not stopping until I was behind the stranger. Two quick taps on the shoulder to get his attention. My delivery was cool and deadpan, as I fished for a stim.)

I just want you to know...you're sitting on my stool.

Dirjj Mordrai
Jan 28th, 2003, 08:07:11 PM
A loud chuckle broke in a nearby booth, Dirjj was amused by domestic violence and the volatile scenarios that can breed it. What he heard was a fight and he loved them. When a man taps your shoulder and informs you that your bum is in his favorite stool. Well them's fighting words. You have been called out and your honor needs defending.

He took a long draw from his bottle of gin and slammed it down on the table. Sighing he resumed his watchfulness especially taking a curious interest in the nearby booth where that nicely dressed gent was busying himself rebuking that poor bloke on that much coveted stool. Well my visit to the B&G was not so dull afterall. Only if they hadn't of so tightly enforced that no weapons deal, Dirjj reflected with the absence of his lightsaber and two empty holsters on his belt. Too bad but indeed the place was about to get rowdy anyways.

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:13:25 PM
Casey turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse of the man poking him. As Casey moved his head he began to speak.

"Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea this stool belonged to you."

Casey gets up and motions for the man to sit, but before he can, Casey picks up the stool and breaks it over the bar. He throws the peices to the ground and gets right into the face of the stranger.

"Now listen friend, I don't care who you are and what stool is yours. If you ever think about touching me again, I'll break your damn fingers."

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:31:37 PM
(In the silence of the aftermath, I stared into his eyes, and arched an eyebrow.)

Y'know, anger management issues aside...your whole act is cliche'.

(I inhaled long and slow, drawing the red cinder on the edge of my stim closer to the filter, before exhaling in a stream of whitish smoke that hugged the contours around the man's face. A few seconds longer, and I averted him entirely, bypassing him to get to my spot at the bar. I kicked a few bits of barstool to the side, and lifted the drink on the counter to my nose. Giving a whiff, I made a face.)

Krasst, I don't know what's tackier...your attitude, or taste in scotch.

(I took the drink down half a notch, making a face)

This is the kind of stuff that has muffin recipes on the side of the bottle.

(With a half-smile, I turned to the bartender, raising the commandeered glass.)

Barkeep...double of Makers, straight. Put that, and the stool on my friend's tab.

(Turning back around, I winked)

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:44:38 PM
Casey clenched his hand into a fist. The stranger was really starting to annoy him. Casey was ready to swing, but remembered to no fighting rule in the bar. Casey opened his hand. He reached out with the force and lifted a a bottle of scotch over the mans head while he turned back and winked at Casey.

"Yeah, put it on my tab. And while your at it, add this."

Casey used the force to tip the bottle over, spilling the liquid on the mans head. Casey began to laugh.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:00:55 PM
Cute...

(I kept my smile as the scotch ran down my head. Fortunately, I had the foresight to flick my stim to an ash tray on the counter. The barkeep was in fits over the commotion, not that I could blame him. This guy was a heel.)

...real cute, jive-<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

(I thumbed the collar of my shirt.)

This is Ithorian silk. You couldn't pay for this working a weekend job as retirement home gigolo.

(Knocking back a swig of Makers, I ran a hand through my liquor-soaked hair.)

I won't bother there. You can't squeeze diamonds out of bantha crap, and you can't afford my cufflinks, much less the rest.

Friend, you don't have a lot of common sense, so let me make myself plain. I'm the last guy on Coruscant that you want on your back. This is my playground, frell-job. I'll make you cram your own head up your <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>, walk backwards, and tick the miles off the odometer all the way back to frelling zero. We crystal?

(The barkeep returned with a towel, which I used to blot my face, hair, and shirt.)

Pierce Tondry
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:11:40 PM
A fairly nondescript man sitting in a side booth stood up, walking calmly down the aisle towards the scene. "Gentlemen!" Pierce said expansively. "Can't we all just... get along?"

Dirjj Mordrai
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:18:12 PM
Dirjj continued to chuckle while witnessing this whole scene play out. When Pierce arose, between the low laughter, Dirjj shouted, "Aw c'mon, don't see their just having a lover's spat? They'll kiss and make up, guys!"

Dirjj laughed harder with this jape once recovering his composure took another swig of his gin.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:25:14 PM
"Now, now," Pierce called out. He was not foolish enough to take his eyes off the arguing duo. "No comments from the idiot gallery."

Dirjj Mordrai
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:29:23 PM
"Idiot gallery my <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>? These fools have been arguing like a pair of flustered schoolgirls since they arrived." Dirjj flashed a sadistic, approving grin.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:37:34 PM
Pierce...

(I tossed the towel aside, smirking at my one-time nemesis.)

...I guess what they say is wrong. Lightning does strike twice. And who has the misfortune of Imperial entanglements today?

Sage Hazzard
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:56:18 AM
Sage walked into the bar. His usual steel toed and heeled boots always made a clatter, today was no exception.

"Who broke the stool and why is this man wet?"

The Jedi Master marched quickly forward. He took it apon himself to play peacemaker at all times.

"We don't do that here. Not ever."

As he closed in he saw the face of Lance.

"Lance Casey....?"

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:53:44 AM
"Hello Hazzard."

Casey kept his eye's on the stranger as he spoke to Sage.

"As for you questions, I broke the stool and poured liquor on this sad excuse for a human being who probably wears expensive clothes to compensate for something else."

Casey turns away from the stranger and looks Sage straight in the eye's.

"It's been awhile my former master."

Sage Hazzard
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:33:26 PM
"He's a very well off man. It's his choice to wear the clothes he wants. Your choice to pour liquor on them was a poor one."

Sage picked up the stool parts by hand, instead of the Force. Didn't need to raise more commotion by flying around wood parts. He was placing the pieces on a table.

"It's been a long while, yes. Your actions don't elleviate the hestiance in my next question. You have not been following the Dark Side, have you?"

Pierce Tondry
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:16:33 PM
"Haven't you heard, Prent?" Pierce said, his voice just low enough so that he wasn't talking over Sage. If he was clever enough, he might be able to draw Prent away from the aggressive guy and get him to back down. "I traded in my walkers for speeders. I'm with the Republic now and that means-"

Pierce patted his vest, revealing a slight bulge. "I'm have a little something hidden on me when I come in here. And that reminds me," he said, going on before Sanis could respond to him. "How is the hiding and moving trade these days?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:35:50 PM
...fascinating.

(I replied to Pierce's question in a tight-lipped manner. He went from bad to worse. Fortunately, we'd cleaned that slate a while back)

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 31st, 2003, 03:50:02 PM
Sage's question passed through Casey. Casey gave his former master an angry look before turning it into a smile.

"No Hazzard, believe it or not, I am not following the darkside. All this was just me giving into my anger for a brief moment."

Casey sits down at a table and continues to talk to Sage.

"I've said it for a long time to many people Hazzard. I can't follow the light and I refuse to join the dark, so I'm left somewhere in the middle of a two sided war."

Casey looks down at the table.

"Besides, I have never been that strong in the force. Maybe that's why the dark side has never appealed to me. The gain of power does not motivate me in my life."

Sage Hazzard
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:18:57 AM
"So you disapprove of the killings of the Sith and the pacifists of the Jedi I suppose. So what are you doing then? Rogue work?"

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:05:46 PM
"Hardly. I mostly travel around the galaxy these days, trying to gain a greater understanding of the way things work in the universe. "

Casey looks around the bar then back at his former master.

"As of late I have spent some time near the unkown regions of the universe. That's what brought me back here. On the third week of my latest trip, I felt cold and unnerved. I was quick to leave as if my brain was screaming run."

Sage Hazzard
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:12:05 AM
"Why did you run to here? What are you looking to find here that will help you?"

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:44:50 AM
"This."

Casey gets up from his seat and walks over to a booth. Using the force, lifts a loose board. Reaching inside with his mind, a double sided liight saber covered in dust an cob webs is removed.

"I came back for my first light saber. I am going to face my fears and return to the unkown regions and find out whats out there. And I wanted to sat good bye just in case and to say thank you. Your mentorship was the only thing that has kept me from the darkside. Whatever good I have in me is because of you."

Casey extends his hand for Sage to shake.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:12:11 PM
Sage shakes his hand.

"I wish you well. May the Force be with you."