PDA

View Full Version : Xbox game recommendations

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:09:11 PM
We got an Xbox - not out of my choice, my step dad thought it would be a good purchase - so can anyone recommend some decent games for it?

We already have Halo, Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:57:33 PM
Halo and Splinter Cell are about the best games on the X-Box right now and you already have them...Halo IS a bit old now mind you.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:50:52 PM
Unreal Championship, above all.

I'd recommend Madden 2k2, if you weren't from the UK. ;)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:13:04 PM
Halo 2's coming out soon... ^_^

Rognan Dar
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:37:57 PM
I cant wait for Halo2. I want to try it out on X-BOX live, since the first isn't live capible...

DOA3 is fun, if you like fighting games. Halo, of course. Unreal Championship is fun too. Maybe you'd like mechassalt, its fun for that kind of game.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:31:36 PM
Unreal Championship

If you have a good PC get UT2k3 instead.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:33:42 PM
I heard the sniper rifle sucks balls in that game though :\

Morgan Evanar
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:14:55 PM
Eh, the only game I can snipe in Ghost Recon. I have friends who can snipe and they haven't complained.

Its not the whore-gun it was in UT, but I think its balanced.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:44:39 PM
My only real complaint is that the thing gives away your position...thus making it pretty useless.

Firefighter Earth
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:52:27 PM
Hr, Try Shenmune II, it's a sorta RPG which makes it okay, and Jet Set Radio Future (Or Jet Grind depending on where you live) is okay, if you like that kinda game..........

Um, I can't think of anymore......

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:16:52 PM
Heard Shenmue 2 was way too tedious to be fun.

Firefighter Earth
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:47:55 AM
It gets to be tedious, I'm currently stuck at carrying books at some damn temple.

*facial twitch*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:55:58 PM
My only real complaint is that the thing gives away your position...thus making it pretty useless.

I'm not going to dive into detail about how one uses long range weapons in fast paced arcadey FPS games. If you're a good shot, giving away your position is pretty much irrelevant. I'm glad it DOES give away your postion, elimnating a lot of the lame camper tactics. It evens the playing field a bit.

This isn't a tactical FPS.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:44:46 AM
True UT aint tactical.

Hmh...as for suggestions....I'd say get MechAssault ifyou have xbox live :D....That rocks

Rognan Dar
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:41:02 PM
X-BOX Live is cool....just dont have alot of games that use it yet...

Sean Piett
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:04:21 PM
I'll be honest, I don't have an X-Box. Jet Set and Splinter Cell I've played a lot, though, and I think they're great. Halo, of course. I love 16 player capture the flag on Sidewinder, especially if one team is upstairs and the other downstairs.

*Is THE Ghost/Warthog pilot master*

Rognan Dar
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:20:55 PM
The master pilot, ay? Then I would love to have a game with you, though I'm a little rusty, would still like you to drive for me :D

GraNi NaColu
Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:42:24 PM
I really don't like Agent Under Fire. I have it and Nightfire, and Nightfire is more fun. If you liked Goldeneye, it is about a close copy of it. I would recommend getting a football, probably Madden 2k3 if you like the professional type football. If you like the hard hitting stuff, then get NFL Fever 2003. Splinter Cell is an excellent game if you are into the spy type third person shooter. Unreal tournament 2k3, Nightfire, and Halo are a few games that are a must have if you love multiplayer action. UT2K3, and Nightfire will allow you to add bots so you can play with one player. It gets hectit. Halo is just a must have if you own an xbox, that's all I can say about that. :D

Zasz Grimm
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:01:17 PM
i did a search for mechassault, and foudn this. I was hoping there would be a review. But yes, Mechassault is an awesome game. I'm probably gonna get live so I can own people. If you haven't gotten it, get Morrowind, GOTYE.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:54:56 PM
Also, unless your PC is really up to snuff (~1.8ghz, 512 MB, Radeon 9500+/GeForce FX5600+) get the X-Box version of KoTOR.

Ka' el Darcverse
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:24:44 PM
Morrowind, GTA 3&VC, Max Paynes 1&2, Medal of Honor, Gladius is a fun game if you like turn based strat...

Zasz Grimm
Dec 10th, 2003, 09:54:58 PM
GTA3 *
Vice City
Mechassault*
Halo*
Soul Calibur 2*
Morrowind
Deadly Alliance
KOTOR

my library of Xbox games. asteriks are the games I play the most I like KOTOR, but played it a bit too much for my liking. But IT's a good game.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 11th, 2003, 12:59:50 AM
Heh, I wish I had an X-Box, but so far I just have to deal with borrowing my friend's for days at a time.

List of games which I enjoy (will repeat others)

KotoR (Dark Jedi Baby! WOOO!)
Crimson Skies (Dive, guns flaming, from the blood red sky)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare, the baddest bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> who ever walked this bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> earth)
Halo (You can't pick up chicks in a tank!)
Fusion Frenzy (No witty thing to say here...)

Games to look forward to:

Halo2
Fable

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:10:10 AM
It's too late now - I sold it!

Zasz Grimm
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:15:45 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm

Games to look forward to:

Halo2
Fable

fable. will. own.

aww...jenny bean..why?

Rognan Dar
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:17:01 PM
Fable does sound good. I haven't read into it, but from what I heard, it could very well be the best rpg game for x-box.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:28:13 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
fable. will. own.

aww...jenny bean..why?

it was le suck. Well, it wasn't mine to begin with really, so I had no choice in the matter.

Mortaniuss
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:34:46 PM
Fable is going to wind up getting crushed under the weight of its own hype. There's just no way it can live up to what they've made it out to be.

I kind of like the X-Box, but I still can't come up with a good reason to buy one. There's almost zero games that are completely x-box exclusive.

Halo, KOTOR, Splinter Cell, Unreal Tournament 2K3/Championship... played them all on my PC and enjoyed the better control scheme and sharper graphics.

Charley
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:29:17 PM
Gladius is one helluva fun game.