View Full Version : Jedi Members Help Please..

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:57:20 PM
I'm in a situation where I've confronted a Sith, and I'm a Padawan. I dont think I could manage much longer so could someone of great knowledge in the Force or a Knight of some sort, help me against Makoto Neo in the thread [duel] Coldest Day in Hell .

Please..

:(

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:58:58 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have gone and challanged a Sith when you are still a Padawan? :rolleyes

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:12:26 AM
I didn't ask for sarcasm and insults that would offend my intelligence, but rather I asked for help and you didn't provide that. As a response I state this in the nicest and calmest fashion as I possibly can, please dont patronize me..

EDIT: And no your wrong I should have confronted him as a duty of a Jedi Member, no matter the rank or knowledge. To protect those who have no ability to protect themselves is the duty of that of a Jedi no matter the situation. Challenging the superior ranked warriors doesn't mean idioticy it means bravery. I stood up to help others, and as of now I need back up.

There are those who are overly confident who wouldn't ask for that, but as a police would do in this universe, they would stand up to anything. And the Jedi are a superior unit of police, guidance in the form of peace, and guarders of the citizens.

It is my duty to do that, and if their is something wrong with doing my duty then I suppose that all Jedi shouldn't stand up..

Their are always possibilities of death, but what is death of one when the possibility of millions to find death.

.::Bows and continues on::.

Rognan Dar
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:48:19 AM
I dont mean to be rude or offend your intelligence.

Bravery can be foolishness too. Depends on what you do. You could say that your brave and walk into a battle, thinking that you can do anything, that would be foolish. Or, if you are skilled and do the same, that could be bravery.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:46:36 PM
Exactly.
Being a Padawan, who is just learning the ways of the Jedi, and walking head-first into a fight with a Sith Knight is NOT brave, it's NOT saving anyone, it's called getting your ass handed to you. But I see someone came in to save you. Maybe next time you'll think before you act.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:37:29 PM
There is a scene in <u>The Willows In Winter</u> that I find to be a good little one to share in this case.

---

Mole is in his home, and his nephew is staying there as well. It is dreadfully cold out, and snowing quite a bit, and suddenly there is a knock at the door. Now, this would not be odd, except that it was also during the late eveing/early night, where nobody should eb outside.

Mole goes to the door, and picks up a knobkerrie (old style police baton) and his nephew says, "Uncle mole, aren't you brave enough to just open the door?"

Mole replies, "Brave, always. Foolhardy, never."

---

Mole knew that there might be danger, and so went into a situation prepared, and with a good mindset. A charge into battle with slim odds of coming out alive is not brave, but foolhardy and selfish. Because, if you cannot survive, then what good have you done whoever is in danger?

Makato is good, and in all likelyhood, there would probably not be another Jedi conveniently around where you are to save you. So, had you not gotten help, I would have suggested that you just drop all hope of winning and run out of there as fast as you can. Though battles may be fun, learn to gauge your opponent, and also that your character would be capable of even confronting them. Especially whan I believe your character is thirteen, if I remember right.

Sejah has not yet faced a dark sider, mainly because he has not had the proper training yet and would not be ready for it.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:56:51 AM
Yeah, Makoto is awesome. I dunno if confronting somebody is outside of your character's...erm, character, considering he's 13. Lion faced a dark sider...once. I arranged it so I'd get toasted and so I could continue with RPing.

Note: It was somewhere no other jedi SHOULD be.

Note: I got no help...^_^;...

Note: I think we're all being a TAD bit too hard on Jamel, but then again, I've gotta exercise a bit of self-restraint myself.

If you're going to challenge a Sith as a padawan...well, usually you shouldn't. When you do, it's a good idea to do it near, say, Jedi territories. At least then it's likely that you'll get some help. I kinda just restated what Sejah said, but this is basically what I was thinking.

Remember: Running Away isn't wimpy, it's called Self-Preservation. Also remember that nobody can trash you without your permission, so don't worry about being disabled or maimed.

And, I don't think it's cool to insult Lilya like that when she was just trying to give you some advice. Don't take stuff so seriously...

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 08:38:35 AM
I second all of those statements by Lion.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:33:51 AM
Thank-you, Lion :)

I'd like to say, Jamel, I know you want to rp exactly by the Jedi code or whatever. But as you can see, very few people here follow that code word for word. Yes, playing hero is all well and good, but not if you are going to get your butt whupped (and not if it goes against what your master has told you -- I doubt Zeke would send you out to fight a Sith untill you have finished training). I know Terran is now in your thread to save said butt, so I hope you are appreciative and respectful to him. IC and OOC.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:51:57 AM
I usually beat down my Padawans (OOC) like that actually do challenge a sith to early. I do it in a nice way tho ^_^ Now, most of my Padawans have been trained for some time and been part of GJO for awhile and I don't mind.

Other then that ... I don't need to repeat what has already been said, which is basically don't challenge a sith so frelling early :lol

Sage Hazzard
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:51:10 PM
Well I don't know, let me play the other side in this argument. Honestly, I'm split, but I'll present the other side to give a larger picture.

My character, Sage Hazzard, was a foolheardy young buck. I believe he was 15 at first, now he's early/mid 20's. I'd challenge Sith to fights and get my butt whooped sometimes, sometimes I'd win. I was playing my character though. If I was hurt then scolded at the Jedi Temple, that was my character. He was "I'm gonna fight the World" kind of guy, still is. Alpha did the same thing I believe, He'd be in four fights at a time. Now he was trained, but I think he did it when he was a newbie too.

What I'm trying to get at is, it's kind of boring to not ever fight the Sith. I know that I'm not really happy OOC unless I'm in a fight with one of my characters. I just like writing fights and having fun. Sometimes long dramas can get boring.

The problem is, you are somewhat untrained. So the problem is your character shouldn't be fighting, while your OOC self probably wants to have fun and fight. Back in the old days, if I can remember, we just had fun. We didn't really go deep into "I'm a Padawan, I can't fight, so I won't." It was like a trail by fire, atleast as a Padawan I sometimes thought of it like that.

Wait... Do you have a Master? If you do, maybe you and him/her could go on a fighting mission. Or maybe you say your just walking around and OOC you ask for a Sith to jump you. That way you have back-up, a character that can teach your character through you watching him fight, you get experience, and it's fun.

Hadrian Invicta
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:02:10 PM
Sage makes an interesting point.

I know I'm an uber noob, but I lurked on this sight under a different name reading threads from the beginning of Fans (yes I have far too much time on my hands) People who are masters now fought, heck some people started out as Jedi masters, granted that was a long long long time ago and is no longer necessary nor should ever be brought back into effect. But how are Padawan's supposed to gain any experience or training, without fighting and sometimes biting off a bit more than they can chew.

Some padawans, such as Jamael don't even have master's yet. Granted I know that Knight's and Master's are busy and they have to have time to themselves to post, but how is a Padawan expected to rp and not get himself in some trouble if he has no one to train him.

I'm just saying don't rail off on him because he accepted a fight, he rped it nicely and did a fine job with not God Moding to get himself out of trouble. *Granted it took some wonderful thinking by Terran*

I'm just saying don't be so hard on him, for being excited, instead encourage him, but encourage him to post agains Sith Apprentices or with other Jedi. Don't mock him, roll your eyes at him, or be condescending.

That's my 2cents, that and another 48 will get you a cup of coffe at MickeyD's. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:29:55 PM
History time -

The first Jedi Masters were declared originally so many years ago because they had seen TPM more than 10 times. Since then there have been other ways to get promoted. The first one promoted on merit and action was.... well.... me. That was because I would take on anyone at anytime and even as a Padawan outmatch Sith Masters. Granted things were different then, but I could well believe a Padawan could face a Force Master - if they think. Dont match a Master in a battle of power, you will lose. Do it by outthinking your opponent. The one thing I truly believe is that even the newest newbie could do somethign that can catch a Master with their pants down. Think, experiment, try something. Hell, that's how the frying pan came about. A Padawan being attacked by a Sith, had to do something to get out of the situation. WHACK!

As far as I am concerned, I'd rather see people out there and doing stuff. That's the point in the end - and if you bite off more than you can chew then chew like hell.

And if someone finds themselves in a fight they are outmatched in - either try to come up with a solution or run like blazes

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:54:56 AM
Uh, Jamel has a Master Hadri :p

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:53:27 PM
I remember when I started a thread in Roleplaying and a Dark Jedi challenged me. I was so scared. Nav (true to her word) gave me a dressing down about it. But it was an accident. Later on, though, I did challenge Siths and Darksiders, and always lost or tied. But I talked to the person I was RPing with and got it arranged so that Wei had learned from the experience and had grown stronger in the Force. Jamel, hang in there. Go this one alone and see how it works. It's a good creative exercise.

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Jan 30th, 2003, 02:41:47 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
History time -

The first Jedi Masters were declared originally so many years ago because they had seen TPM more than 10 times. Since then there have been other ways to get promoted. The first one promoted on merit and action was.... well.... me. That was because I would take on anyone at anytime and even as a Padawan outmatch Sith Masters. Granted things were different then, but I could well believe a Padawan could face a Force Master - if they think. Dont match a Master in a battle of power, you will lose. Do it by outthinking your opponent. The one thing I truly believe is that even the newest newbie could do somethign that can catch a Master with their pants down. Think, experiment, try something. Hell, that's how the frying pan came about. A Padawan being attacked by a Sith, had to do something to get out of the situation. WHACK!

As far as I am concerned, I'd rather see people out there and doing stuff. That's the point in the end - and if you bite off more than you can chew then chew like hell.

And if someone finds themselves in a fight they are outmatched in - either try to come up with a solution or run like blazes

Hey Marcus i tried that Very thing as blade Ice in the early days But I got shot down at every spot. I challenged Knights when i was a sith warrior and everytime I came close to beating the knight weather it be sith or jedi. I would get a PM or Email from the person I was winning against in the fight at the time or at least as close to what you can call winning here since there really is no such thing here. Anyway to be exact it was on two occasions where this happened.

both PMs read about the same you can't beat i'm a Knight and your a warrior please change your post so your losing was the basic jist of it. so basically unlike the old days you can't beat anyone of higher rank then not even if its just one little step above you.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:20:15 PM
If I was a Padawan and I was winning on merit, I'd tell said PM'er to go fuck themselves. But then again, I'm like that, I'll tell anyone to go fuck themselves.

My opinion stands and I believe it is current. If your a Padawan, you can still win using skill and cunning. Frankly if someone is pissed because they are losing to someone who uses their brain and thinks outside of the square, bad luck.

But I know what you mean. My permanent Padawan, Jackie Chan a long time ago beat the shit out of a Sith Master by using Drunken Boxing. Said Sith Master whined loudly. But it was fair, Chan might be a force retard, but he's a great drunken boxer. As long as it's done fairly and with common sense and logic, it can happen. Those who automatically think being a KNight or Master means you win are wrong.

Figrin D'an
Jan 30th, 2003, 05:12:22 PM
A padawan can beat a master... it's happened before. Like Marcus said, the padawan just has to use unorthidox methods to do so. A padawan trying to match up with a master purely on Force ability and lightsabre technique is going to get his/her ass kicked. So... try different stuff... various martial arts, hit-and-run tactics, traps, technology... if you can't compete physically, try matching wits and see if you can gain an advantage.

Taking on an opponent that, "on paper", outclasses you is fine... just understand what you are getting yourself into and plan for it... a prepared mind is a calm mind, and often, a victorious one.

AmazonBabe
Jan 30th, 2003, 05:56:44 PM
And, if there's a broom (or similar tool/potentialweapon) in the area, use it. Brooms are VERY effective tools when all else fails. Seriously.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:02:44 PM
Or frying pans.

Or a wedgy.

But you pay me royalties first :p

But seriously, that type of sideways thinking works well.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:54:29 PM
My character isn't 13...-_-

Hadrian Invicta
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:07:52 PM
personal fan of *force crotch shot*

fall beg for your life then punch them square in the family jewels. Of course it only works on the male baddies lol

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:25:12 PM
To me, it's all in character. In the words of Sejah, Kindo is your Captain America. He wants to go out and fight, be valiant and all, and if he gets beat or wins the fight it doesn't matter because I'm staying true to his character.

Lady Vader
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:03:27 PM
Or frying pans.

Or a wedgy.

*Sticks in old reel and watches old movies of the first time those were used. Eats popcorn (another oldie).* :D

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:15:05 AM
Originally posted by Jamel Croko'yn
My character isn't 13...-_-

Sue him for being a year off :rolleyes

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:36:41 AM
Ew...not old popcorn *goes to pop LV a new batch* :crack

Sage Hazzard
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:46:46 AM
Exactly as Marcus and the others have said. A creative writer can beat anyone.

I've done it, beaten a Master or slightly lower in combat while being a Padawan. Fight dirty, dirty, dirty. Grab their head and try and poke their eyes out, tackle them, bite them. You can always stick your pointer and middle finger up someone's nostrils and pull like hell, then knee 'em in the groin, kick their kneecap in, bash their head as the bend over, etc. Fight so dirty it isn't funny. Slam someone's ears(very painfull)... and here is an all time dirty, easy trick. Grab their pinky finger and bent it the wrong way. Don't break it right off, you want them to feel the pain, then break it. Ooohh, I love fighting dirty in RPs.

Figrin D'an
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:52:14 AM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
Exactly as Marcus and the others have said. A creative writer can beat anyone.

I've done it, beaten a Master or slightly lower in combat while being a Padawan. Fight dirty, dirty, dirty. Grab their head and try and poke their eyes out, tackle them, bite them. You can always stick your pointer and middle finger up someone's nostrils and pull like hell, then knee 'em in the groin, kick their kneecap in, bash their head as the bend over, etc. Fight so dirty it isn't funny. Slam someone's ears(very painfull)... and here is an all time dirty, easy trick. Grab their pinky finger and bent it the wrong way. Don't break it right off, you want them to feel the pain, then break it. Ooohh, I love fighting dirty in RPs.

Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer... ;)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:55:34 AM
Who gave you my source?! :lol

My brother is taking a course at college in Kinpo(sp?) karate. He's tought me all the stuff, because we get in LOTS of confrontations on the neighborhood basketball court. Really big guys too trying to fight us for no real reason except maybe we accidently fouled them on a shot of something. So I can tell you some stuff Jamel or anyone else, in a PM(or here if you want), about how to write a good martial arts move to get out something an opponent is doing to you.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:12:18 AM
Thanks Sage, I might need it cause the guy's coming back at us I think..

Sage Hazzard
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:32:40 AM
Do you need my help in the battle? It seems Tarran is a Padawan too, so the firepower you pack, even together, might not be enough. If you feel like it's getting too hard, I could come in to save your 's and his life. Honestly, Sage thinks Sith are a plague and kills them whenever he sees them, except for in Jedi territory where fighting is forbidden(like B&G). Of course, it's attempted slaying, since you can't kill someone IC. So if you need, I can have Sage save your butts. Especially since, if he won, it'd end in death if RPing was reality. Though if you do things well enough, you can menuver it so you can win. Think about pulling some of his fur out, think about it. He's a wolf or something right? Yank on it. Or, light his fur on fire.

BTW, that guy is a great writer. He must have joined RPing after I went MIA, so I didn't know his character 'till now. The guy has serious writing skill IMO.

Zeke
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:43:17 PM
He's incredible. I've fought him myself under my Inu account, and had a number of other RPs under some other accounts with him.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:29:48 PM
Terran is awesome. That will be all the help that will be needed.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:59:37 AM
Yeah I get the feeling he can manuever a way to win the battle. I was just worried the Neo guy might bring something only a person high in the Force could defend. Like bringing a house down on them or something. I'm not that worried though.

I'm going to have to fight this guy in some thread. He's really a beautiful writer. Good RPer sure, but his writings a great read.

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:40:32 AM
:o at Marcus' praise. :D

Yeah, I am not worried--this Makoto guy is a pretty good writer and his character is really very interesting. But Terran is a pretty inventive force--both physically and mentally. I totally, totally agree with Marcus. With some out-of-the-box thinking, one can achieve some very unorthodox results.

Terran is very, very slow to draw is saber. He'd probably won't act weapon-in-hand until his life is litteraly at stake. This gives me the oppurtunity to use other factors before trying to take him in a straight duel (which would be the least likely path to success for Terran). I have some ideas, though. ;)

Really, the power of words can be incredible sometimes. :D

AmazonBabe
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:27:31 PM
:D Thanks Lilya :rollin