Jan 26th, 2003, 09:36:15 PM
My second favorite team did it.

This FSU alums really made an impact.

JonathanLB
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:37:59 PM
The Buc stops here!

JMK
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:07:40 PM
What an embarassment if you're a Raider fan. Your mvp got run out of town!

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:11:52 PM
hehehe

That game was great. I loved the last part of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:17:01 PM
Yeah I love it Before the game there were guys saying Gannon is a future hall of famer, I don't see that talk happening now.

JonathanLB
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:26:45 PM
Hall of Fame QB's lead their teams to Super Bowl wins, not throw 3 INT's that get run back :)

It was not a great game though. It was a lousy game. One of the worst in Super Bowl history. Terribly boring. But if you are a Bucs fan, I am sure you were loving it.

Taylor Millard
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:49:05 PM
w00t. Not as good as last year's but still enjoyable. :)

Figrin D'an
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:54:00 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah I love it Before the game there were guys saying Gannon is a future hall of famer, I don't see that talk happening now.

LMAO... Gannon has been a journeyman quarterback until only about the past 4 seasons. He's not going to be around much longer due to his age. Hall of Famer... riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

JonathanLB
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:55:11 PM
God I just listened to Me-Shawn talking about the game -- pathetic. I really hate that guy. I never realized how much I hated him until he opened his mouth today. lol.

Man that guy is so egotistical, jesus. You would think that a grown person would learn a little bit of humility or respect or class by that age. I guess not.

HunterJodoKast
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:11:34 PM
This Super Bowl was one the least dramatic ones I have ever seen. It just didn't generate much excitement and it seemed the Raiders only showed up for the first part of the fourth quarter. But as I was watching the game there were small glimpses of the Raider's potentially explosive offense, the one I felt was going to give us a sensational show. Anyways, I never liked the Raiders and was rooting for Tampa Bay but seeing Oakland cut down lead led to me sympathizing with them. They were nearly on the brink of making this Super Bowl a real hairy, down to the wire screamer. Kudos to Tampa Bay for being completely solid on both sides of the ball and dominating a very lackluster Raider team.

Tampa Bay wanted it more, they played like like they wanted it more, and they bagged it. They deserve it! WoooHooo!

Figrin D'an
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:18:54 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
God I just listened to Me-Shawn talking about the game -- pathetic. I really hate that guy. I never realized how much I hated him until he opened his mouth today. lol.

Man that guy is so egotistical, jesus. You would think that a grown person would learn a little bit of humility or respect or class by that age. I guess not.

He's part of the reason that I was rooting for Oakland... now that he has a ring, he's never going to shut up. He's going proclaim his supposed greatness as a WR because he's got some NFL bling-bling, despite that, as expected, the defense was the what carried the Bucs to the big game and won it for them.

I hope the Bucs decide that he makes too much money, tries to force him into a paycut, have him refuse and end playing for last place teams for the rest of his career. No one would deserve such a fate more than he.

JonathanLB
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:00:56 AM
Amen to that, seriously.

The dude is so into himself. The Tampa Bay defense made this entire season possible. Their offense would have put them at about 5-11, not much better than the Bungles or the Panthers. When your offense is ranked 24th in the league, you have no reason to be proud as a wide receiver. Especially not Me-Shawn.

In the game I watched at least, the defense won, not the offense. If the defense would have been even more like, say, the Eagles or another "good" defense that isn't great, then the Raiders would have torn them to pieces with 40 points and wouldn't have given up those 3 TDs on offense, either. So in other words, if that Tampa Bay D were not so amazing, it'd have been about 41-21 Oakland or so.

It was not all about Me-Shawn, it was all about the defense, and that was a giant team effort.

Darth23
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:40:47 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB

Did I read Jon using the 'H' word?

:evil

Denali Gue
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:15:55 AM
Who is this Me-Shawn?? And I never liked Gannon, even when he was with the Vikings.

JonathanLB
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:40:53 AM
Gannon was with the Vikings huh? When was that? I remember him with the Chiefs...

Johnson was with the Vikings when they were dang good that year, but he was injured.

"Did I read Jon using the 'H' word?"

What, "hated?" hehe.

Oh I would say that the last two years have taught me all of the humility I need for a lifetime, LOL. Ugg.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:16:03 PM
He was a Viking before he was with the Chiefs, he was actually with the Vikings for a few years but was a back up third string most of the time. About the hall of fame thing it was Whitlock of the KC star who said this I think he was trying to rip the Chiefs ownership for letting him go, I wonder what he is saying now :p

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:43:29 PM
Didn't Me-shawn say that after the media railed him over his idiotic sporting of a Steeler's uniform that he wasn't going to talk to the media anymore?

Riiiight....moron! :rolleyes

O well. I can't fault the Bucs because one egotistical and below average receiver pops off at the mouth. GO BUCS! :D

(Me-shawn = Keshawn Johnson btw)

Darth23
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:45:15 PM
What he meant to say was that he wouldn't talk to the media until he got a Superbowl ring.

JMK
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:38:57 PM
His self imposed media ban lasted a whole 3 days. Wow. It was to be expected though, he had alot of "I told you so's" to give out.

JonathanLB
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:53:50 PM
He had to remind us all that he is not JUST the greatest wide receiver in the game now, not just the greatest overall football player in the NFL now, but also the best in history and the best that there ever will be! :)

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:20:47 PM
I wish he'd get traded to the Raiders for Rice :(