PDA

View Full Version : Placebo: The Haunting [Natia]

imported_Taja Loraan
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:45:29 AM
Vjun was, for the most part, an isolated planet. The only landmark on its surface unchanged by the acidic atmosphere was the foreboding structure of Bast Castle, the silhouette of which was visible for many miles ahead of the gates. The courtyard was expansive and kept under relentless vigilance by the castle's residents, and it was seldom that one crossed this space unharmed.

The former Jedi Padawan, Natia, had not needed to be so apprehensive. In fact, she was standing quite securely in the fortress' highest and most ruined tower, alongside Taja. They had only just escaped the lethal rains which now drizzled outside with all the faked innocence of pure water; no words had passed between them since their long climb to the top. The Dark Jedi leaned silently against the damaged wall, eyes closed reverentially as she listened to the faint whispers sounding from inside the stone.

Taja did not look up as she spoke. "Do you believe in ghosts, Natia?" she asked.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jan 26th, 2003, 07:12:56 PM
*Natia stood in silence next to Taja while looking around where she is. Things had been so different for her over the last while that she has just been living for the moment. After hearing Taja's question, she continues to stand in silence as she thinks back to an encounter she had awhile back. Though after several moments she starts to speak*

Some ppl say that ghosts are just a part of out imagination. Other ppl say that ghosts really do exist. For me, ghosts are apart of my life now. So yes, I do believe in ghosts. Do you??

imported_Taja Loraan
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:29:50 AM
"Yes." The word was flat, but carried with it all the resoluteness of Taja's beliefs. Her conviction in the existence of the 'undead' was unswerving... and why shouldn't it be? They were her family. Natia's mention of the spirits also being an important aspect of her life did, however, cause the Dark Jedi to finally raise her head, canting it at a degree that permitted only her eyes to be seen.

One eyebrow was lofted. "Can you hear them too?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:17:38 AM
*Natia says nothing for awhile as she looks at Taja*

It all depends on what you consider hearing them. But yes, I can hear them when I want to. That is all except one.

*Natia falls silent and does not go to further explain though there is more to explain since much is left out from what she said*

imported_Taja Loraan
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:40:36 AM
A hand gently came to rest on the girl's shoulder. Taja stared down placidly at her Apprentice, her voice quiet and mellifluous.

"Talk to me, Natia."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:49:21 PM
*Natia looks up at Taja and remains silent for awhile. Before she starts to speak again, she looks around the room before looking at Taja again*

There is not much to say. There is one that I hear all the time, even when I don't want to.

*Natia stops here, and again, there is more that is being left unsaid*

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:46:30 AM
"And what is it that you hear?" she coaxed again. "What does this spirit tell you?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:59:05 PM
"She whispers to me of revenge one moment, and the next of peace. That all I have to do is stay calm and things will fall into place, then she's telling me to take what I want, and it doesn't matter what I have to do to get it."

Natia is still leaving things unsaid at this point in time.

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:34:43 AM
"Which of these concepts do you agree with, personally? Retribution, or submitting to fate and allowing it to decide on your behalf?" Taja briskly moved forward a few paces to the window, staring placidly out into the darkness.

"And what of this fate? Do you believe in destiny, or have you opted to carve your own?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:52:48 PM
For the longest time, I just let fate take me where she will. I was like dog being led by a leash. But that was then. I was young and naive. I still am, but not as much as I was.

I've opted to carve my own destiny. Going where I shall, doing what I want. I am going to let no one except for myself decide where I shall go in life.

But I do wonder at times.

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:29:51 AM
She rolled her neck around to glare directly into Natia's icy blue eyes; Taja's own hazel irises had distorted to form two thin, cat-like irises, bathed in deep, fiery red.

"What is the outcome of these speculations?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:09:55 AM
*Natia blinks her eyes slightly as she looks right into Taja's eyes*

I should think that the outcome is rather obvious. I am here am I not. If I just wanted to be led blindly through life, I do believe I would have stayed with the Jedi. But I didn't. When I was there, I just sat back and learned how to lift rocks. I wasn't getting a chance to learn what I wanted to learn so I could do what I wanted to do.