PDA

View Full Version : New Faces (Aejin and open)

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:58:13 PM
OOC: Aejin, I read your post in Avalon, and I would like you to get to know more people. So here's one face to learn! :) All Jedi who wish to make a new friend are welcome.

IC:

Terran entered Yog's like he did on any day--post a nice, brisk run. He approached the bar and ordered a water, the bartender sliding down a cold, metal cup of water and ice. He smiled his thanks and scanned the room.

Looking it over, he noticed its usual emptiness at 2 in the afternoon. Just after lunch, well before dinner, Yog's took on a very new personality. A quiet, lazy afternoon only housing a few of the regulars that tended to stay there year round.

Except for today.

He saw a new face--a young man sitting just a few seats down the bar from his own. His expression was bored, at best--perhaps a bit lonely. Terran loved to meet new people, and this was a great chance to introduce himself to a new face. He slid down a few seats and came next to the unrecognized face.

"Greetings--I do not recognize you." He held out his hand, attracting the man's attention. "My name is Terran Starek. Are you new to the Greater Jedi Order?" Terran could tell that at least he was just visiting, but he wondered if this man was a new padawan.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:29:42 AM
Aejin had been in Yoghurts most of the day, taking some down time, trying to see the people of the Order. No one had taken any special notice to him, so he just stayed by the bar, got a drink every now and then, and just sat there. The crowd was gone. Aejin figured he would stay around a bit longer then leave...

Around that time a man had come to sit next to him, and had started to speak to him. How interesting. Aejin moved his hand and let it come into Terran's, shaking it. He then moved it back to the bar as he dipped his head in a nod..

"I'm Aejin Rahn, and yes. I recently joined the Order...Perhaps you know my master? Estelle Russard?"

He watched the man as he took another sip of his juice, letting the taste coat his mouth...

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:40:26 PM
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Aejin. I am familiar with her name, although I must admitt I do not believe I have had a direct introduction." He watched his new aquaintance with a pleasant smile. He was an interesting character, and Terran wanted to learn more about him. In that respect, the Jedi was not shy in asking about people.

"If you don't mind my prying, I would love to know more about you. Where are you from, Aejin?" He asked the question politely and open if Aejin decided he didn't want to answer it.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:16:59 PM
"I don't mind at all Terran. Don't worry about it. I'm from the planet known as Aiur. It's past the outer rim, in wild space.."

He smiled as he brought a hand up to scratch the back of his head. He stopped then took another drink from his cup...

"And yourself, my friend?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:43:55 PM
"Aiur, in wild space, huh. Sounds exciting. I'm afraid I have not visited it, but I should like to now that I have met one of its residents." He smiled warmly and listened to Aejin's question.

"I come from a planet know as Gias. It lies just inside the outer rim, but has been untouched by space travel until about 100 years ago or so. Somewhat archaic, but extremely beautiful--full of life and nature." He thought of his home planet and wondered how his family was getting along. Their last visit had been very nice, and he did want to return to see them soon.

"What convinced you to come the the Greater Jedi Order?" He asked again, politely, wondering how the man had turned up here. Many had come to Yog's, but few joined the ranks of the Jedi.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:11:28 PM
Aejin cringed as his mind took him back to that night the family was murdered, raped, and he had to watch. He looked to Terran, and then back to his juice as he took a rather large gulp...

"To insure justice."

His tone was solid, and very serious. He looked to Terran and could see by what he was doing it made him confused. Aejin smiled and brought his hand around to pat him on the back...

"Perhaps one day I will tell you the whole reason..."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:12:18 AM
Terran could sense a clip in his mind--as though he felt sudden pain at the question Terran had asked. He was very, very intune to the natural Force and the aura around people. He could feel that something had brought forth thoughts of greif in his mind.

"I will respect your privacy, friend." Terran smiled and placed a hand lightly on Aejin's shoulder. "You will find your justice here. Many seek the Greater Jedi Order for many diverse reasons. Peace, justice, truth, compassion--all these things and more can be found here." Terran wondered how condescending he would sound to someone who knew what the GJO was about.

"Forgive me for rambling. Are you hungry?"

Aejin Rahn
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:17:31 PM
"Quite. When the lunch crowd was here, I didn't eat. Saw no reason. Plus I really wasn't that hungry..."

Aejin nodded to him as he finished his juice. He looked to Terran, trying to see more of him..

"And I appreciate it, Terran."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:48:07 PM
Terran called the server droid over to the bar. He thought over the menu in his mind (he'd memorized it, being here for half of a year now and spending many of his meals here) and decided what he wanted.

"I would like a shaak sandwich, with the house vegetable for today," until he remembered the time he ordered the house vegetable and it turned out to be some sort of swamp weed from Dagobah. "Actually, scratch the vegetable. The sandwhich and some namana juice would be excellent." He smiled and turned to Aejin to order.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:57:12 PM
"The same...please."

He watched as the droid rolled away, and Aejin turned his attention back to Terran. Aejin smiled and then started to laugh loudily. He looked to Terran who looked confused..

"I hope what you just ordered is good. Cause I have no idea what it is..."

He chuckled some more...

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:09:42 PM
OOC: Remember the things Anakin rides to impress Padame on Naboo in AotC? :D

IC:

"You will enjoy it, my friend. A delicacy served at Theed Palace itself." He patted his stomach in jest and in light of his appetite. "If there's one thing I know about, it's eating good." He chuckled back as the droid brought him his juice. He took a long drink of it, almost cutting the liquid in half. It was excellent--nice and cold and light flavored.

"Have you begun your training with Master Estelle?" Terran asked as the two waited on their lunch.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:33:07 PM
After sipping his juice, he slighted his head downwards in a nod. He set the glass down...

"Yes, I have..I enjoy it, but it's hard..."

Aejin took another sip, but then sighed as he leaned back a little. He looked at Terran...

"Who's your master?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:46:52 PM
Terrans face became a bit less excited, though not upset at Aejin's question. He hadn't thought about it for awhile.

"The Master that accepted me was Jedi Master Verse Dawnstrider. Unfortunately," he sighed heavily. "Master Dawnstrider has been missing for some time. There is no evidence of his death, but there is no evidence of his life either. He has been sought, but never has he been found." Terran's voice softened as he spoke.

"On the bright side, however, Master Marcus Elessar has taken me as his padawan to finish out my training." He smiled. "He is a very wise and skilled man." He paused again. "Master Estelle is also as wise. She is a great Jedi, and you will become a great Jedi under here." He smiled encouragement.

"What have you sought to focus on here? Do you wish to focus your efforts on combat? Knowledge and sense? Healing? Or a pleasant mix?" He smiled as he spoke the last option. Of course, all Jedi would seek to become masters of all that the Force has to offer.

Aejin Rahn
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:23:35 PM
Aejin looked at the droid as it came back with their food. It set the plates before them and Aejin looked at it, then back to Terran. He nodded before he spoke..

"Truthfully, I have no idea. I know some of telepathy and telekenisis, at least, what my father taught me. But as to what I want to go straight into? I dunno..."

His hands took hold of the sandwich as he smiled and took a bite of it. He started to chew as he set it down to look at Terran. He moved his hand up to try and talk, but he waited till he was done chewing...

"Your right! It is very good!"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:16:39 PM
OOC- Hope you don't mind me jumping in, guys. I don't know you two all that well, but I'd really like to.

Like always, Kindo entered into Yog's Bar & Grill with that customary grin of his. He was there nearly everyday, so it was of no shock when he recognized most of the people there. He'd usually be with the gang, but none of them were there at the moment. This wasn't a dilemma however, for he'd usually just go talk to someone he didn't know too well or even know for that matter. He always loved meeting new people.

As he glanced around, two men immediately caught his attention. He had seen them both before, but he seemed to forget where. After a moment's hard thought, it finally came to him that both were Jedi. This only further evoked him to approach them. He made his way through a few tables and finally to theirs, catching their attention as he did.

" Mind if I join you two? "

A bright smile crept over his lips.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:53:45 PM
"Trust me--I know my foods very, very well." Terran smiled, patting his stomach playfully. The two men sat, eating in a comfortable silence that was made so by their hungry stomachs. They ate the food, filling their bellies and washing them down with tasty glasses of frosty namana juice.

An excellent lunch indeed.

Then, another approached the bar where they sat. Terran wiped his mouth and turned to face him.

"Hello and welcome. Though I have seen you around the Order much, I do not believe we have been properly introduced." He reached a freshly clean hand out to greet Kindo. "My name is Terran Starek." He glanced over to Aejin. "This is Aejin Rahn--he's new here."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:52:21 PM
" The name's Ki Adi Kindo, and it's great to meet you. You as well, Aejin. "

Kindo shook hands with Terran before sitting down in the unoccupied seat opposite. His broad smile had remained as he turned to face Aejin.

" New here, huh. How are things coming along for you so far? "